Came back to Pune yesterday.
here is the summary :

started from Vadodara - 5am
reached home Pune - 350pm
total KMs - 564
breakfast stop at - Sugar n Spice nr Valsad
lunch break at McDonald's Panvel just before start of exp way
total toll paid - around Rs 570

total fuel exp - around Rs 5400 total 1525 KMs (approx. 71 ltrs / avg 21kmpl)
Old 16th November 2013, 21:48   #77
BHPian

re: Pune – Vadodara : Route Queries

Hi all,

I will be travelling to Vadodara in December first week and for various reasons will not be able to leave from Pune before afternoon. I would like to break my journey overnight at a suitable place. Would Silver Miles at Manor serve this purpose ? Can any one indicate the quality of rooms, cleanliness, approx tariff etc. I will be travelling with my wife.

Thanks in anticipation
Old 18th November 2013, 22:27   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suniladhiya View Post
Hi all,

I will be travelling to Vadodara in December first week and for various reasons will not be able to leave from Pune before afternoon. I would like to break my journey overnight at a suitable place. Would Silver Miles at Manor serve this purpose ? Can any one indicate the quality of rooms, cleanliness, approx tariff etc. I will be travelling with my wife.

Thanks in anticipation
I would avoid the hotels in Ghodbunder-Manor-Vapi sector, they may not be family-friendly

Instead, depending on how you progress, I would suggest you stay at either Express Inn in GHodbunder or push on to Vapi (Hotel Woodlands) or Valsad (HOtel Orizon inside town)
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2014, 23:29   #79
BHPian

Can anyone who has travelled to Mumbai recently give updates on the status of road widening in the Kalamboli-Vashi section. I will be travelling to Gujarat in the middle of March and need to decide whether to take the Palm Beach road to Vashi and then exit out of Vashi towards Airoli or whether the straightforward Kalamboli-Kharghar-Belapur-Turbhe-Airoli route would be relatively free of traffic jams.

HVK Sir, your inputs would be invaluable as always
Old 23rd February 2014, 08:59   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone who has travelled to Mumbai recently give updates on the status of road widening in the Kalamboli-Vashi section. I will be travelling to Gujarat in the middle of March and need to decide whether to take the Palm Beach road to Vashi and then exit out of Vashi towards Airoli or whether the straightforward Kalamboli-Kharghar-Belapur-Turbhe-Airoli route would be relatively free of traffic jams.

HVK Sir, your inputs would be invaluable as always
From the time you ext the Pune-Bobay expressway at Kalamboli, road widening is quite a mess till Turbhe, but unless you are on it during peak hours, it is quite bearable. Using the Palm Beach Marg is definitely a time-saver.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2014, 10:40   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
From the time you ext the Pune-Bobay expressway at Kalamboli, road widening is quite a mess till Turbhe, but unless you are on it during peak hours, it is quite bearable. Using the Palm Beach Marg is definitely a time-saver.
Just a question HVK:

How does the Karjat-Murbad-Wada-Manor sound for a Bombay bypass?
How are the road conditions?

Route Link

Just a thought while looking at maps.
Old 23rd February 2014, 17:29   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Just a question HVK:

How does the Karjat-Murbad-Wada-Manor sound for a Bombay bypass?
How are the road conditions?

Route Link

Just a thought while looking at maps.
Well, it is better to go in this road that a full-blooded OTR event.
In other words, NO.
It is a terrible road.
Besides, due to Ghodbunder Bridge problems, all trucks are diverted on this route, making it more hellish
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 10:42   #83
BHPian

Hi HVK, wanted to check if you have any sense on the current status on the narmada bridge stretch. I am planning to go to vadodara in June and wanted to check if I can try taking the highway or is it better to get into Bharuch via the Golden Bridge.
Old 5th May 2014, 12:01   #84
BHPian

According to the last few status updates by HVK sir's followers, the highway work is complete and one can safely take it instead of the Golden bridge
Old 5th May 2014, 12:30   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik.agr View Post
Hi HVK, wanted to check if you have any sense on the current status on the narmada bridge stretch. I am planning to go to vadodara in June and wanted to check if I can try taking the highway or is it better to get into Bharuch via the Golden Bridge.
Stick to the highway its good.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 15:40   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik.agr View Post
I just returned yesterday from a trip to Vadodara. The new bridge over the Narmada River is fully operational and there are no issues - no reason now to go into Bharuch via the Golden Bridge.

The issue now is the ongoing repairs to the Ghodbunder bridge. The old bridge is under major repair and traffic is being allowed by turns of 10-15 minutes in each direction on the new bridge. So depending on traffic density you can expect holdups of 15-30 mins in either direction. From the looks of it, it should take another 6 months at least for the repairs to get over.

Do post your travel experience after your return. Have a safe trip
suniladhiya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 16:24   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just returned yesterday from a trip to Vadodara. The new bridge over the Narmada River is fully operational and there are no issues - no reason now to go into Bharuch via the Golden Bridge.

The issue now is the ongoing repairs to the Ghodbunder bridge. The old bridge is under major repair and traffic is being allowed by turns of 10-15 minutes in each direction on the new bridge. So depending on traffic density you can expect holdups of 15-30 mins in either direction. From the looks of it, it should take another 6 months at least for the repairs to get over.

Do post your travel experience after your return. Have a safe trip
Yes absolutely true.Yesterday the last vehicle on the jam towards Surat was on top of the Mira Road flyover and thats a good 4kms at 5pm!
Old 6th May 2014, 19:14   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
As Google maps suggest, i will travel via Pune-express way--Exit at Kalamboli Junction--Right turn for Shil phata---Mumbra bypass--take new Nasik express way for 5-6 kms -- take left for Anjur phata--chinchoti anjur phata road--NH8--Vadodara

so we can totally bypass Thane-Ghodbundar road and bypass Thane , please guide if this is best road to reach Ahemadbad-vadodara NH8 for people traveling from Pune expressway ? Here is a path , i dont kow recent condition of Chinchoti-Anjur phata road but we can totally bypass thane using this route.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Pu...1588!3e0?hl=en
Old 6th May 2014, 23:07   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep joshi View Post
As Google maps suggest, i will travel via Pune-express way--Exit at Kalamboli Junction--Right turn for Shil phata---Mumbra bypass--take new Nasik express way for 5-6 kms -- take left for Anjur phata--chinchoti anjur phata road--NH8--Vadodara

so we can totally bypass Thane-Ghodbundar road and bypass Thane , please guide if this is best road to reach Ahemadbad-vadodara NH8 for people traveling from Pune expressway ? Here is a path , i dont kow recent condition of Chinchoti-Anjur phata road but we can totally bypass thane using this route.

Sandeep,

Absolutely no need to bypass Thane. Only issue is waiting for about 20 mins at the Ghodbunder Junction. I just returned yesterday from my trip to Vadodara. Roads are excellent all through. As I mentioned in my earlier post, expect a holdup of about 20 minutes at the Ghodbunder Road-NH 8 Junction due to the bridge repair work. Bypassing Thane is also now very easy, since the flyovers at Kapurbawdi Junction (in northbound direction), Manpada (both ways) and Patlipada (both ways) are all fully operational. The new bridge over the Narmada river connecting Bharuch and Ankleshwar is also fully operational.

I am not aware of the alternative route suggested by you, others (especially our inhouse travel guru Dr.HV Kumar) who know can comment better, but I doubt very much whether it would be worthwhile in terms of time and driving comfort.

Have a good trip and do post your experience after your return.
Old 9th May 2014, 20:07   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep joshi View Post

Quote:
Sandeep,

Absolutely no need to bypass Thane. Only issue is waiting for about 20 mins at the Ghodbunder Junction. I just returned yesterday from my trip to Vadodara. Roads are excellent all through. As I mentioned in my earlier post, expect a holdup of about 20 minutes at the Ghodbunder Road-NH 8 Junction due to the bridge repair work. Bypassing Thane is also now very easy, since the flyovers at Kapurbawdi Junction (in northbound direction), Manpada (both ways) and Patlipada (both ways) are all fully operational. The new bridge over the Narmada river connecting Bharuch and Ankleshwar is also fully operational.

I am not aware of the alternative route suggested by you, others (especially our inhouse travel guru Dr.HV Kumar) who know can comment better, but I doubt very much whether it would be worthwhile in terms of time and driving comfort.

Have a good trip and do post your experience after your return.
Bombay Bypass - South

Detailed Description

HOW TO BYPASS BOMBAY via New Bombay - from South side

Zero point is Kalamboli where the Pune- Bombay expressway ends.

Keep going towards Bombay. You will cross several flyovers through Kharghar and Belapur. Belapur can be identified by the large number of office buildings to the left (including Konkan Bhavan, Park Hotel). After Belapur, the road climbs up a hill and comes down to the other side. The traffic signal at that junction is the Uran Phata. After crossing that signal you will cross Nerul (you will see the light pillars of the DY Patil cricket stadium on your left), and you climb up a flyover after crossing Nerul.

Expressway end-Belapur, 8 kms

Ahead of the Nerul flyover, you will see a complicated flyover coming up (the Turbhe flyover). Over the flyover is Bombay(it curves away to the left). Your road is the road to Thane (marked straight)( keep to the right and avoid going on the flyover). This place is Turbhe. Keep going straight and you will reach a messy junction with a signal and then a flyover curving away to the left. Keep below the flyover to the left (flyover starts to the right) and keep going straight. SET your trip meter here, since from here (Turbhe) exactly 10 kms you have to take a turn.

Belapur-Turbhe Flyover, 7 kms

You are now going on the Thane- Belapur road - goes through industrial area. First you will cross Turbhe Railway Station (RS) on your left. You will see a few flyovers – take only the straight subway type flyovers and avoid the 2 ones which curve to your left. You will see the Reliance Dhirubhai Ambani Knowledge City (DAKC) to your right. You will cross the Rabale and Kopar Khairne RS to your left.

10 kms from Turbhe, the road goes down into a subway (DO NOT Take the flyover going straight to Thane) and in the subway, turn left. This is Airoli, and the subway (after you turn left) goes under the railway line. The left turn will be marked for MULUND.

Turbhe-Airoli, 10 kms

Keep going on this road ( the Airoli Bridge road) and you will cross the Thane Creek (1 km bridge), at the end of which there is a toll gate (Rs 30). Followed by an octroi gate.

You will hit the Eastern Expressway (EEH) - flyover going from left to right. Left goes to Ghakopar/Bombay, straight to Mulund, and you turn right towards Thane. Down this road after 1 km is a flyover after which is a toll gate (Rs 30). After the toll gate, you will see trucks line up at another octroi gate and a stone tower, indicating that you have left Bombay and entered Thane. The road goes up a slope and when you come down that slope you see a flyover. Go over the flyover. 1 km down the road around a long curve, you will see another flyover - go on it - and this is a 1.5 km elevated road.

After you come down this long flyover (you will see ITC Fortune Hotel & Jupiter Hospital to your left and Hotel Lerida to your right), you will see yet another flyover - sign boards saying Nasik/ Ghodbunder (on flyover).Take this flyover but once up, take the road curving to the LEFT (right goes off to Nashik, left goes to Ghodbunder) - and when you come down the flyover through the left ramp, you are in the Ghodbunder road. You will see the Cinemax multiplex on your left, Vihang hotel on your right.

Go on this road 16 kms and you will reach the NH8 junction at Ghodbunder (immediately after a toll gate - Rs 20), which is after you climb up and down a small ghat. Some flyovers under construction on this road.

At the NH8 junction, turn right (left goes to Dahisar/Bombay) and it is all the way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks