Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2016, 17:40   #121
Lij
BHPian

Re: Goa Vacation for First Timers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
Any suggestions or recommendations for good restaurants and shacks in and around Colva.
Never stayed around Colva so not much knowledge of the food joints there.

Have been to Martin's Corner restaurant at Betalbatim (around 4.5 km from Colva), bit expensive, but the the ambience and food are worth it.

Heard that Magzika Beach shack at Betalbatim beach is good.
Lij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 17:58   #122
BHPian

Scarlet Juice Centre in Chapora is my go-to place for a pick-me-up breakfast after a hard night of partying. The Avocado juice is divine.

Anand Sea Food Restaurant & Bar on Calangute Road is another favourite.
harsh79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 18:22   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I am staying at Panjim next week. Being a foodie ;-), I like to explore fish and other non-veg delights which we can taste only at Goa.
Any restaurant recommendations?
I love street food, and love to get something locally made/real flavour of Goa.
Another place to visit is Florentines, near Calangute. It was once and still is a place visited by the locals, though now a lot of tourists come to taste the Chicken Cafreal, Mussels, and local Fish. Must try place for a foodie.
Happysmiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 23:51   #124
BHPian

We are visiting Goa this week end for three days. Need help on the below.

1. Taxi services in Airport to reach hotel in North Goa - Baga beach. We will be reaching the airport Friday early morning around 1.30 a.m. Do we need to pre-book any taxi or is it better to book at the airport after we reach.

2. Suggestion for self driving car rental services. We plan to hire for one day and visit some places (Rest of the days will be just relaxing in some beach)

3. Any good places to visit (We will be staying in a hotel in Baga beach all three days)
Old 15th December 2016, 09:17   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
We are visiting Goa this week end for three days. Need help on the below.

1. Taxi services in Airport to reach hotel in North Goa - Baga beach. We will be reaching the airport Friday early morning around 1.30 a.m. Do we need to pre-book any taxi or is it better to book at the airport after we reach.

2. Suggestion for self driving car rental services. We plan to hire for one day and visit some places (Rest of the days will be just relaxing in some beach)

3. Any good places to visit (We will be staying in a hotel in Baga beach all three days)
Taxis are available at the airport. When you exit the airport, just to your right, you can see the govt tourism office on taxis. Fares are also listed on the board.

Many hotels, or homestays have tie ups with car rental services. you could get a activa for INR 400 per day or a swift for approx 1400 INR. Its your choices unlimited

I would still prefer Anjuna or Vagator when compared to Baga, which was crowded for my taste. But fun is still in this place. Walk down from Baga to Calangute with pleasure
lambuhere1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 15:43   #126
Senior - BHPian

Technically not a first timer but was a kid both times when we visited Goa earlier.

Going with family & relatives on 21st evening. We have 4 complete days with 6 nights.

Our place of stay would be a friend's private house on Goa University road, Panjim. We're kind of towards the northern part of the state but have heard that beaches are best in South Goa.

I'm looking for a relaxing 4-day itinerary to make the most of Goa and that should include a little bit of shopping, beach experience (at least 1 full day spent at the beach) and a little bit of sight seeing. Is scuba diving or snorkeling an option in Goa?
Old 14th March 2017, 18:47   #127
BHPian

Hi,
Am visiting Goa for a week (North Goa 4 nights and south Goa 3 nights) from 21-28 March

1. Any recommended scuba diving sites and operators ?
2. Recommended veg food options (even veg dishes at non veg shacks/restaurant options too will do)
3. How are the dolphin watching tours ? any sightings ?
4. What are the latest rates for Beach activities ? Is bargaining possible or does it work on fixed price concept?
Old 13th September 2017, 14:10   #128
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking for some inputs on good places (other than beaches) to visit from an architectural/scenic beauty point of view along the Goa coastline.
1. Forts - Chapora, Aguada seem to be the most popular ones.
What about other forts - Sinquerim, Reis Magos, Tiracol, Betul ?

2. Ferry ride - for a good ferry ride to take the car on and explore a little bit on the other side what would be a good option ?

3. Old Goa visit - what are the places to see ? Saw a post about taking the Ribandar causeway and returning via the new highway. Can someone share a map link for this ?

4. Any other places - Temples, etc (not from a religious perspective but from scenic views/uniqueness aspects)
Old 13th September 2017, 14:40   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Looking for some inputs on good places (other than beaches) to visit from an architectural/scenic beauty point of view along the Goa coastline.
Not sure where you plan to stay, but here is an option to combine the ferry ride and a visit to old Goa: https://goo.gl/maps/9QjzMPgzxdE2

I've used Bicholim in the map to give you an idea where the Chorao Ferry terminal is w.r.t a nearby town. Once you alight from the ferry on the Ribandar side, Old Goa is hardly a 15 minutes drive from there.

If you want to see a few centuries old Shiva temple near Bicholim (not so famous, also my family deity), then you can visit the Saptakoteshwar Temple, and then take the Chorao ferry to Ribandar: https://goo.gl/maps/wSSoe6r9x4H2

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 13th September 2017 at 14:45.
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 18:49   #130
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

If one were to drive from the South to the North along the Goa coastline, what would the best places to visit on the way ? Kind of a Goa coastal exploration, if you will

1. Beaches (unique & scenic)
2. Lakes, Waterfalls
3. Historical/Architecture (Churches, Temples, Forts, Museums)

Last edited by NPV : 15th September 2017 at 18:51.
Old 16th September 2017, 21:15   #131
BHPian

Hello

I am planning to drive down to Goa,from Mumbai(Panaji) with my family( a 8 year old girl and Wifey) on the 16th of October. Checking into our hotel in Panaji on the 17th.

1. Which is the best route and why?
2. I don't plan to do it in a stretch, need to know the best pitstop enroute.
3. Is Panaji a good place to stay to see Goa? If not, which place?

Please advise

Regards
Old 10th November 2017, 12:35   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashokkp View Post
Hello

I am planning to drive down to Goa,from Mumbai(Panaji) with my family( a 8 year old girl and Wifey) on the 16th of October. Checking into our hotel in Panaji on the 17th.

1. Which is the best route and why?
2. I don't plan to do it in a stretch, need to know the best pitstop enroute.
3. Is Panaji a good place to stay to see Goa? If not, which place?
Did you make the trip? Which route did you follow? How was the road condition? Hope you had fun.
Old 21st February 2018, 23:30   #133
BHPian

Me and my friend are planning to visit Goa for the first time. We have 3 days to spare. Plan is to start from BLR on Saturday morning and reach back by Monday night around 9PM. We both are teetotalers. Based on this, which places would you suggest that we cover? From the first post, it seems north Goa is the place to be. Do the recommended places still hold after 8 years?
Old 22nd February 2018, 00:44   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Me and my friend are planning to visit Goa for the first time. We have 3 days to spare. Plan is to start from BLR on Saturday morning and reach back by Monday night around 9PM. We both are teetotalers. Based on this, which places would you suggest that we cover? From the first post, it seems north Goa is the place to be. Do the recommended places still hold after 8 years?
Yes, they are still valid even after 8 years for the places to see, and i guess they are immortal ones for ever

However, keep in mind, Baga and Calangute are very crowded beaches.
Vagator and Anjuna are my favorites. You will for sure love to be in shacks and sip a cocktail/mocktail along with other food/snacks and watch the beautiful beaches.

Good luck with your trip.
-Ravi
ravib is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 01:23   #135
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Me and my friend are planning to visit Goa for the first time. We have 3 days to spare. Plan is to start from BLR on Saturday morning and reach back by Monday night around 9PM. We both are teetotalers.
Being your first trip, rather than getting holed up at one place..if you're up for some exploration you may be able to get some ideas from my travelogue here (Dizzy Drive®: Go..Go..Goa, a Mini Exploration), we did that trip in latter part of 2017.

Good luck and have fun

*As Ravi says, Calangute and Baga are too crowded, Anjuna and Vagator are good, or go further up north like Arambol. Beaches in the south are less crowded.

Last edited by NPV : 22nd February 2018 at 01:27.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks