Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2010, 21:30   #1
BHPian

Coastal Karnataka from Mysore.... suggestions needed

We (me and wifey) are planning a trip to Coastal Karnataka during the next weekend. We are planning for 4 days. The plan is as follows:

Day 1 (Oct 29): Start from Mysore by 6 am. Drive Kukke Subramanya. Route: Mysore - Madikeri - Sulya - Kukke Subramanya. After darshan at Subramanya drive to Dharamasthala. After darshan in Dharamasthala reach Mangalore for the night.

Day 2 (Oct 30): Mangalore - Bekal Fort - Mangalore. Then Mangalore - Udupi (St Mary's Island, Krishna temple) - Murudeshwar

Day 3 (Oct 31): Murudeshwar - Gokarna - Karwar - Murudeshwar

Day 4 (Nov 1): Murudeshwar to Mysore. Route: Murudeshwar - Mangalore - Madikeri - Mysore.

We will be going in our Esteem. Wifey does not know driving, so it will be only 1 driver (Love to drive ... )

Need suggestions for the following:
1. Need to know the current road conditions across all the routes mentioned above. Based on the current road conditions is the plan good enough?
2. First halt will be in Mangalore. Need one good hotel there
3. Second and third halts will be either in Udupi/Kundapur/Bhatkal/Murudeshwar. Need good hotels in either of these locations
4. Must visit places in the route
5. Must visit restaurants in the route.
Old 21st October 2010, 16:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

On the way to Bekal fort ,Pumpwell circle to Talapady is a mess.

MX6 just said in a pm that the Mangalore-Bhatkal stretch is in equally bad shape.
Old 21st October 2010, 16:56   #3

Reply to gypsyfreak's plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
We (me and wifey) are planning a trip to Coastal Karnataka during the next weekend. We are planning for 4 days. The plan is as follows:

Day 1 (Oct 29): Start from Mysore by 6 am. Drive Kukke Subramanya. Route: Mysore - Madikeri - Sulya - Kukke Subramanya. After darshan at Subramanya drive to Dharamasthala. After darshan in Dharamasthala reach Mangalore for the night.

Day 2 (Oct 30): Mangalore - Bekal Fort - Mangalore. Then Mangalore - Udupi (St Mary's Island, Krishna temple) - Murudeshwar

Day 3 (Oct 31): Murudeshwar - Gokarna - Karwar - Murudeshwar

Day 4 (Nov 1): Murudeshwar to Mysore. Route: Murudeshwar - Mangalore - Madikeri - Mysore.

We will be going in our Esteem. Wifey does not know driving, so it will be only 1 driver (Love to drive ... )

Need suggestions for the following:
1. Need to know the current road conditions across all the routes mentioned above. Based on the current road conditions is the plan good enough?
<<the plan is very aggressive given the road conditions and places to visit. You will be actually just about touching a place to drive to the next one. I suggest you should plan covering fewer places....>>
2. First halt will be in Mangalore. Need one good hotel there
<<There are lot of hotels in Mangalore. I drive often from HYD-MLR/Udupi and use the Hotel Srinivasa.They are economical, have car parking space and WFM>>
3. Second and third halts will be either in
Udupi/Kundapur/Bhatkal/Murudeshwar. Need good hotels in either of these locations
<<You can plan to stay in Murudeshwar in R N Chetty guest house which is next to the beach, WFM and beautiful location. Staying in Kundapur/Bhatkal is not really worth it!>>
4. Must visit places in the route
<<As I hail from the side of country you plan to visit; you can plan based on what you intend to see/enjoy. The options to choose from beaches, historical places, temples etc...>>
5. Must visit restaurants in the route.
You may write offline to me (to spare unnecessary email traffic on the BHPsite).

Most Viewed