Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2010, 12:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
I know the place

Addy, I might skip Bylakuppe. Of the 3 : Harangi, Gorur and Mallalli falls, if I should pick one, which one would you recommend ?
I'd suggest Mallalli. It is around 20-25 kms from Somwarpet. It should be awesome this time of the year with the late rains and all. Road too is decent. If you go back via Somwarpet you can pass through Gorur else there is route from there to Sakleshpur via Bisle road. Harangi dam is near Kushalnagar.

Harangi and Gorur are practically on the way, so even if you want visit them, you stop for a few mins. Gorur dam is visible from the road, and if they have let out water, I'd say you stop and visit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod View Post
here is the snap of that hotel/location:
Attachment 442554
Awesome picture Pramod!!! If I'm right, this is the road towards Sringeri, right?

Last edited by addyhemmige : 25th October 2010 at 12:29.
Old 26th October 2010, 00:01   #17
BHPian

Fantastic, Thanks Addy and Jeev. Despite the number of times I've been around Hassan and Chikkamagalur ( this trip is more on the left side of Hassan ), a quick temptation to drive through Kalasa/Kuduremukha or Kemmannugundi is hard to resist. I'll settle for Kemmannugundi this time. I plan to do Mullayyanagiri again during the weekend of Nov 14.

Addy/all, btw, someone said there is a nice estate called Shivagiri near Chikkamagalur - anyone tried ? Good to visit ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I'd suggest Mallalli. It is around 20-25 kms from Somwarpet. It should be awesome this time of the year with the late rains and all. Road too is decent. If you go back via Somwarpet you can pass through Gorur else there is route from there to Sakleshpur via Bisle road. Harangi dam is near Kushalnagar.

Harangi and Gorur are practically on the way, so even if you want visit them, you stop for a few mins. Gorur dam is visible from the road, and if they have let out water, I'd say you stop and visit it.

Awesome picture Pramod!!! If I'm right, this is the road towards Sringeri, right?
Old 26th October 2010, 00:50   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Yeh just a few feet from the SH 1 - Sringeri-Agumbe junction. There's also a shop selling local bamboo products/plant root juices and artifacts nearby.

An old friend trekking through Agumbe years ago was affected by a lightnign that struck somewhere near by, only to see his clothes and a part of his skin getting burnt. Scary. But easily among the most beautiful ( but tough to explore , mind you) places in Karnataka.
Old 28th October 2010, 11:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

pramod
Attachment 442554

Quote:

As far as I know, this hotel is in Someshwara.
Just below the Agumbe Ghats.
Old 28th October 2010, 11:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
pramod
Attachment 442554

As far as I know, this hotel is in Someshwara.
Just below the Agumbe Ghats.

Now I see. I read Pramod's post correctly now and he has mentioned that it is indeed after getting down Agumbe ghat. So, it is Someshwara.
Old 28th October 2010, 11:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now I see. I read Pramod's post correctly now and he has mentioned that it is indeed after getting down Agumbe ghat. So, it is Someshwara.
Right, You get nice Neeru dose with coconut chutney here.
Old 1st November 2010, 09:27   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Right, You get nice Neeru dose with coconut chutney here.
Oh I may have confused with the other hotel near the busstand. there is also another small refreshments ( which I thought was krishna too ) place a few steps form the junction towards the viewpoint, there is also a trinket shop that sells plant-root artifacts.

Most Viewed