Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2010, 16:16   #1
BHPian

Bangalore - Aurangabad - Mumbai

Hi fellow travellers

I am planning a road trip so need your advice on road condition. The idea is to cover the distance as fast as possible

Bangalore >> Aurangabad

Option 1: NH4 >> Bangalore – Chitradurga – Hubli – Belgaum – Pune – Ahmednagar – Aurangabad. I believe the road conditions are good except few stretch. Mapmyindia suggest the above. Approx distance 1075km

Option 2: NH4 – NH13 >> Bangalore – Chitradurga – Hospet – Bijapur –Solapur – NH211- Osmanabad – Beed – Aurangabad. Google maps suggest the above. Approx distance 938km. How is the road condition?
I feel Bangalore - Pune (in case I Option 1) is doable in a day. I guess Bangalore – Aurangabad will too stressful in a day.

Aurangabad >> Mumbai

Option1 - Aurangabad– Ahmednagar- Pune- Mumbai . Mapmyindia suggest the above. Approx distance 396km

Option2 - Aurangabad– Nandgaon – Chandvad – Nashik – Thane – Mumbai. Google maps suggest the above. Approx distance 373km.
Looks like MapmyIndia loves Pune.

During my stay in Aurangabad am planning to visit Shirdi, Ajanta, Ellora and Lonar. Any other must see place?
Old 24th October 2010, 16:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

The road via Pune is the best. The Hospet route is in bad condition.
If you are a superfast driver, you can reach Aurangabad the same day since the roads are 4-laned all the way.
The GM routing fro MUmbai is wrong, it should be Aurangabad-Viajapur-Yeola-Nashik, which is an excellent 2-laned road. From Nashik, it is 4-laned.

From Aurangabad, you can cover Daulatabad-Ellora-Grishneshwar in one circuit and Aurangabad-Ajanta-Buldhana-Lonar-Jalna-Aurangabad in another.

You can cover Shirdi on the way back towards Mumbai.
For that you can take the Ahmednagar road till Godegaon, then go via Shani Singnapur to Shirdi. You can also come to Shirdi via Vaijapur and Yeola.
Old 26th October 2010, 13:13   #3
BHPian

Hi Hvkumar

Thank you for your reply. Then I better stick to NH4. No - am not a superfast driver. I have a Bolero. I will start at 4am. By 2 pm I will decide where to take a break. I intend to drive till 6 pm. Will try and reach Pune.

regards
Old 28th October 2010, 21:12   #4
BHPian

Shirdi - Mumbai

Hi HVkumar

Planning to Do Aurgbd - Shirdi - Mumbai on same day. For Shirdi - Mumbai Mapmyindia suggests Shirdi - Sinnar - touch Nasik highway near Igatpuri - Thane - Mumbai.

Or should I stick to the highway as in Shirdi - Sinnar - Nashik - Thane - Mumbai
Old 28th October 2010, 23:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Stick to the route via Nashik, since the Sinnar-Ghoti road is in very bad condition. To get to Shirdi from Aurangabad, you can come via Vaijapur-Yeola or Godegaon-Shani Singnapur.
Old 29th October 2010, 02:04   #6
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I'd suggest Godegaon - shanisingnapur from Aurangabad to shirdi. But if you are breaking in Pune for the night, then proceed to shirdi from pune and then from there to aurangabad through shanisingnapur. That way you can even drive back from aurangabad to mumbai through Pune (not just mmi, even I love this route). super fast, it should take you max 6 hours to mumbai from aurangabad through pune.

Most Viewed