Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2010, 21:40   #1

Chickmangalur to kadur

Hi Guys,

Anyone knows how the road from Chickmangalur to kadur is currently?

thanks
Old 27th October 2010, 14:36   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasé View Post
Hi Guys,

Anyone knows how the road from Chickmangalur to kadur is currently?

thanks
Broken concrete road via Sakarepatna. Not so great, but manageable.
Old 28th October 2010, 10:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Broken concrete road via Sakarepatna. Not so great, but manageable.
Yep, the condition is almost same throught out the year :-)
Remember this concrete road is ~100 yrs old. This was done by Britishers, still the concerete is good :-)
Old 28th October 2010, 11:19   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Remember this concrete road is ~100 yrs old. This was done by Britishers, still the concerete is good :-)
Here is one for you! Was there this Oct. And it was amazing in the rainy evening.
Chickmangalur to kadur-dsc01288.jpg

Chickmangalur to kadur-dsc01289.jpg

Chickmangalur to kadur-dsc01290.jpg
Old 3rd November 2010, 11:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

Aah thanks ampere,
you can see the concrete road in the pics. Amazing build quality :-)
Old 21st November 2010, 23:37   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Sushurutha,
Could you give me the route from Mangalore to Chick.I know there are 2 routes. One via Hassan and another thru the Shiradi ghats.I travelled through these routes in 1989 in my RX-100 when I was a student in AIT.I forgot all points and junctions on the route now.
I want to take my family to Chick from Trivandrum.Give me full details of modern Chick and the good hotels for staying, home stays and eat outs.I lived in hotel woodlands for 4 yrs during my Engg course.I like to spend 3-4 days there, visit my college and teachers and the nearby places.I lost contact with my old friends there.Still nostalgic about the climate, natural beauty,dalia flowers and the kannada food.
Old 22nd November 2010, 08:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

The best route from Mangalore to Chickmagalur is via Moodabadiri, Beltangadi, Ujjire, Charmadi, Kottegahara & Mudigere.

A more scenic route would be to turn off at Moodabadiri and go via Karkala & Kudremukh to Kottegahara and come to Mudigere.
Old 22nd November 2010, 10:35   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
The best route from Mangalore to Chickmagalur is via Moodabadiri, Beltangadi, Ujjire, Charmadi, Kottegahara & Mudigere.

A more scenic route would be to turn off at Moodabadiri and go via Karkala & Kudremukh to Kottegahara and come to Mudigere.
Well said sir. Charmadi is the most scenic route. A small detour would be to visit Kalasa/Horandu/Kudremukh.
Old 22nd November 2010, 12:44   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayygeorge View Post
Sushurutha,
Could you give me the route from Mangalore to Chick.I know there are 2 routes. One via Hassan and another thru the Shiradi ghats.I travelled through these routes in 1989 in my RX-100 when I was a student in AIT.I forgot all points and junctions on the route now.
I want to take my family to Chick from Trivandrum.Give me full details of modern Chick and the good hotels for staying, home stays and eat outs.I lived in hotel woodlands for 4 yrs during my Engg course.I like to spend 3-4 days there, visit my college and teachers and the nearby places.I lost contact with my old friends there.Still nostalgic about the climate, natural beauty,dalia flowers and the kannada food.
George, the routes you have mentioned via Hassan and Shiradi are one and the same. The shortest route is Mangalore-BC Road-Belthangadi-Ujire-Charmadi-Mudigere-Chikmagalur.

I don't know about the road conditions from BC road to Belthangadi. But for the other stretches, you can refer to this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ore-udupi.html

For accommodation, you can try out the Taj (which is very near to AIT) or the Planter's Court on Mudigere road.
Old 22nd November 2010, 13:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

Geroge,
Most your questions are answered by HVK nd ADDY.
If only CKM is your place of Visit then route to follow
MLR -MULKI-KARKALA-KUDREMUKHA-KALASA-MAGUNDI-BALEHONNUR-ALDUR-CKM.
not much of potholes, but beautiful twisties and winding road.

For Return
CKM-MUDIGERE-KOTTIGEHARA-CHARMADI-UJIRE-BELTHANGADY-BC ROAD-MLR.
Very scenic road, but I don't know the condition from Beltahngady -MLR, rest of the road is in good condition, except for some hairpin bends at Charmadi ghats.
Place of interest around CKM,
AIT :-) , Mullaingiri, Kemmangundi, Belur, Halebeedu, Muthodi & Bhadra wildlife.
Stay - If budget is not a problem, Stay @ TAJ GARDEN Retreat CKM ( around 5k/day)
If on budget - Planter's court (~1K/day)
Lots of Homestays (around 1.5K/head), chk link below
Getaway :: homestayinchikmagalur :: Stay in Style
Old 22nd November 2010, 15:27   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Place of interest around CKM,
AIT :-) , Mullaingiri, Kemmangundi, Belur, Halebeedu, Muthodi & Bhadra wildlife.
Sushrutha, AIT is definitely a place of interest to me as well . Everytime I am in town and take my friends and relatives there. The location of the college surrounded by hills is just awesome (and of course the attachment called Nostalgia!!)
Old 23rd November 2010, 06:51   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Sushrutha, AIT is definitely a place of interest to me as well . Everytime I am in town and take my friends and relatives there. The location of the college surrounded by hills is just awesome (and of course the attachment called Nostalgia!!)
I presume you are talking of AIT the college.

Last time I drove to CKM I went past. (You hit the T Junction if you want to take the Kadur road to reach Gateway). (Thats the same one right?)
I went past thinking, it would be fun teaching there!
Old 24th November 2010, 01:13   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I presume you are talking of AIT the college.

Last time I drove to CKM I went past. (You hit the T Junction if you want to take the Kadur road to reach Gateway). (Thats the same one right?)
I went past thinking, it would be fun teaching there!
Yes amp, its AIT the college we are referring to. T junction you referring is the one at CKM's entrance where a left goes to town and right towards bypass and eventually to Kadur Rd, Gateway and AIT.
Old 24th November 2010, 06:22   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Yes amp, its AIT the college we are referring to. T junction you referring is the one at CKM's entrance where a left goes to town and right towards bypass and eventually to Kadur Rd, Gateway and AIT.
Yes the same one! What a location it has! All one needs is permanent quarter around that location and thats it!
Old 24th November 2010, 22:23   #15
BHPian

Chik route

Thanks HVK, Sushrutha,Addyhemmige and all.Now I can recollect the places. I will be taking the Mangalore-BC Road-Belthangadi-Ujire-Charmadi ghats-Mudigere-Chikmagalur route while going because I am more familiar with that route.Return I can take Hassan- Shiradi route or via Kudremukh.I could never go to Kudremukh during my student days there.
Stay in hotel depends on the permission to take my little puppy pug to hotel or home stay. Its mummy wont leave him at home and come for any trip.Is the "Planters court" the same old "Hotel Kaunthaya".
If the Chik trip doesnt work out we plan to visit Coorg (Mercara).Can any one give me the route to Mercara via calicut , wayanad route.
I dont want to couple the Coorg & Chick trip together.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks