Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2011, 18:42   #241
Team-BHP Support

Re: Goa Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Amboli ghat closed again due to heavy landslide. Will remain closed at least for a week.
Any update on the Amboli Ghat status?
Old 22nd June 2011, 21:26   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Any update on the Amboli Ghat status?

yes, its Open from 0600 hrs to 1800 hrs.
Cheers.
Old 23rd June 2011, 10:00   #243
BHPian

Yes, its open in day time but as far as possible driving through this section should be avoided.
Old 22nd August 2011, 18:47   #244
BHPian

Planning a trip to Goa from Pune on the 1st of Sept. Any idea on how the Amboli ghat route is? Specially the section where the land slides occur! Thanks guys.
Old 23rd August 2011, 11:39   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Planning a trip to Goa from Pune on the 1st of Sept. Any idea on how the Amboli ghat route is? Specially the section where the land slides occur! Thanks guys.
1st of Sep is too far ahead.There was yet another landslide this weekend!
Old 23rd August 2011, 11:42   #246
BHPian

Yikesssss. Think I better avoid the trip, don't wanna get caught up indefinitely with a 3.5yr child around!! Thanks Ranjit.
Old 23rd August 2011, 11:59   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Yikesssss. Think I better avoid the trip, don't wanna get caught up indefinitely with a 3.5yr child around!! Thanks Ranjit.
Don't worry about route,
there are four routes that go to goa from kolhapur.
If amboli is closed, you have three more routes.
Just don't avoid the trip in fear of landslide at amboli,
go ahead man.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 12:36   #248
BHPian

How is the route from mapusa to kolhapur via kankavli kasarde kokisare or should i take via belgaum route? i am planning for the same in september.
Old 13th October 2011, 22:33   #249
BHPian

Hi all,
I am driving to Goa this Saturday, from Pune. The planned route: Pune - NH4 - Kolhapur - Sankeshwar - Ajra - Amboli - Sawantwadi - Varca beach.

Off late its been raining heavily so need to know whether there has been any landslides on the Amboli route. If the road traffic on NH4A has eased (due to SC ruling on mining curbs), is it better to take Pune - NH4 - Kolhapur - Belgaum - NH4A - Varca beach?

Pls advise at the earliest
Old 12th December 2011, 04:31   #250
BHPian

Hi

I am planning to drive to Goa and will be coming in from Pune direction on NH4 - need your expertise on the condition of Belgaum Anmod ghat - Goa route.

I understand that this would be a longer route - nevertheless would like to give this one a try if viable.

Old 12th December 2011, 08:47   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEPASSION View Post
Hi

I am planning to drive to Goa and will be coming in from Pune direction on NH4 - need your expertise on the condition of Belgaum Anmod ghat - Goa route.

I understand that this would be a longer route - nevertheless would like to give this one a try if viable.

I drove this route on the way back from Goa to Pune last week and have reported the condition in the Mumbai-Pune-Kolhapur-Goa thread. Please see my post # 618 in that thread for details. In short, I wont ever touch this road again. You will be better off going via Kolhapur-Sankeshwar-Gadhinglaj-Ajra-Amboli-Danoli-Banda-Patradevi-Goa as advised by the majority of the members on this forum.
suniladhiya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 09:33   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

I recently drove on this route , my advice would be, please avoid the route. Its in a bad shape. Best route would be via Sankeshwar. If you plan to go to south goa then you can use the NH4 upto Hubli thereafter use the NH63 to enter Goa via Karwar.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by Ravi Yadav : 12th December 2011 at 09:34.
Ravi Yadav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 10:07   #253
BHPian

Ravi,

I aim to enter South Goa - could you please elaborate the route you have suggested and also could you tell me the pitfalls of the Belgaum route.
Old 12th December 2011, 11:58   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Yadav View Post
I recently drove on this route , my advice would be, please avoid the route. Its in a bad shape. Best route would be via Sankeshwar. If you plan to go to south goa then you can use the NH4 upto Hubli thereafter use the NH63 to enter Goa via Karwar.
Hope this helps.
Quote:
Ravi,

I aim to enter South Goa - could you please elaborate the route you have suggested and also could you tell me the pitfalls of the Belgaum route.
Ravi,thats quite a "long" suggestion.Your reccomended route adds up close to 200kms to the direct route which IMO is a waste,especially when the direct route via Amboli is absolutely fine.(Kolhapur-Belgaum 90,Belgaum-Hubli 90,Hubli-Baleguli Cross-180,Baleguli Cross-Karwar 40 Karwar-Madgaon 70km Total of approx 450kms) while the direct route via kolhapur-sankeshwar-amboli-panjim-madgaon is around 240kms

Hi Drivepassion,I saw your posts on so many different threads asking for the same detail,I dont think you would get a different reply.The best route for you to take would be the Sankeshwar-Amboli-Panjim-South Goa,approx 240kms to madgaon and can be covered in approx 5hours.There is a different and offbeat route from Belgaum to Goa via Tilari which I dont think you would be interested in as it has quite a bit of offroading to.Write to Sahir for more details.I would reccomend you stick to the Amboli route and enjoy your drive.
Old 12th December 2011, 14:43   #255
BHPian

Hi Ranjit

I get your perspective - I gather Amboli ghats have narrow roads and there is one point where the landslide occurred which is a bottleneck - otherwise what about the condition of the road and traffic - waiting to hear from you.

Concurrently I did read in one of the threads that someone had done Belgaum Anmod ghats mollem route and they said that the craters had been filled in with mud and that mining trucks were off due to a SC ruling on mining

Please comment -

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks