Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2008, 23:50   #16
BHPian

Quote:
thanks for the tips.
Anytime Mate. That's what we're here for
Quote:
Just to give you an idea, last year when i was there during monsoon, i didn't even visit the beach
Why not? not enough G-strings around?
Quote:
We basically hit the road after a heavy breakfast, drive around the whole of goa and stop every other hour and drink, drink, drink, eat, eat, eat and then come back to hotel at 4pm and spend time in the pool ( again with the help of some beers) and then evening head out to Tito's/Vanilla Lounge/Mambo's .
Now that sounds wicked and Titio's - Jam-packed? What is wrong with Goa

Quote:
Btw, AFAIK, Club Cabana is closed for GOOD
Really? Since when? Was open in the year 06-07 for sure. Did it happen last year.. post the scarlett scandal? Anything else come up at that place?

U have a great time there buddy. Don't forget to take some pics on the way n o yea! drive safe

Cheers!
m2s
Old 28th June 2008, 01:49   #17
BHPian

Boy O'Boy. I sure have a couple of trips planned to Goa. Looks like I'll have to adjust dates a little here and there to catch up with BHPians.

Goa in rains is fantastic. Lush green country-side, nice food in shacks & place a lot cheaper than season. I remember driving up to Anjuna from Madgaon & back twice and both the times, the drive was "Ummmm", lovely & scenic. Especially, try driving on Goa country roads in Night. So quite & relaxing. I am hitting it before 20 July once.

Don't forget to pick up 'Tia Nineto' just in case you like local wine. It's better than Port No. 7 of any brand.

Last edited by given2fly : 28th June 2008 at 01:51.
Old 28th June 2008, 10:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

hey great to hear that mobike008,guys coming down from Kolhapur side, I would recommend coming from Belgaum and than taking the Anmod route as it is newly Paved[ hot mix] and all the way to Belgaum, and not just in goa.... so if you guy do not have to be in say amboli or sawntwadi take this rout, [just traveled on this rout last week], did goa pune run in 6 hours flat in a swift diesel[peted] I hope the road stay this way till all you guys come down, I think the paving will hold this year.

Hoping to meeting the bhpian ....
Old 28th June 2008, 11:21   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
hey great to hear that mobike008,guys coming down from Kolhapur side, I would recommend coming from Belgaum and than taking the Anmod route as it is newly Paved[ hot mix] and all the way to Belgaum, and not just in goa.... so if you guy do not have to be in say amboli or sawntwadi take this rout, [just traveled on this rout last week],
Thats awesome news buddy. But, since mid-august is a long way from now, i hope the roads stay put. I will take your inputs on road conditions around August 1st week or so.

given2fly, try making it to goa during that weekend, we will have a mega-goa meet.

M2S, I like the G-Strings at night spots better than those pale skinned G-strings at the beach

Club cubana was closed whenever i was in goa in the last couple of years (Aug 15, 2006, Feb'07, aug07, Feb08 and now again in Aug'08). So you see i am half yearly visitor to Goa
Old 28th June 2008, 12:22   #20
BHPian

Quote:
So you see i am half yearly visitor to Goa
U bet u are. U're one lucky soul, staying so close to Goa unlike us, who have to fly down to Goa. But then, we get the pleasure of renting the bike

Re: CC - As far as I know, it opens from October till Feb and was surely open in 06. I'll find out more when I visit for NY this year. U have a blast

Cheers!
M2S
Old 28th June 2008, 12:26   #21
BHPian

@ mobike008, Did you just say weekend? As per my calendar, it's friday (15th August). But what the heck, since when does Goa need a reason. I will fly in buddy, hopefully on my own bike. Let's see.

Cheers!
Old 29th June 2008, 00:45   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
hey great to hear that mobike008,guys coming down from Kolhapur side, I would recommend coming from Belgaum and than taking the Anmod route as it is newly Paved[ hot mix] and all the way to Belgaum, and not just in goa.... so if you guy do not have to be in say amboli or sawntwadi take this rout, [just traveled on this rout last week], did goa pune run in 6 hours flat in a swift diesel[peted] I hope the road stay this way till all you guys come down, I think the paving will hold this year.

Patrao did the panjim-pune via Nippani route in May in 6hrs in May without pushing it in my good ol' friend the 'zen' so it got to be shorter provided the roads are still holding up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Club cubana was closed whenever i was in goa in the last couple of years (Aug 15, 2006, Feb'07, aug07, Feb08 and now again in Aug'08). So you see i am half yearly visitor to Goa
Yup Cubana's been closed for almost 2 years now.

Last edited by aah78 : 7th August 2008 at 22:55. Reason: Route edited.
Old 29th June 2008, 11:32   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
@ mobike008, Did you just say weekend? As per my calendar, it's friday (15th August). But what the heck, since when does Goa need a reason. I will fly in buddy, hopefully on my own bike. Let's see.

Cheers!
Yes dude, i said weekend. As i will be there from Aug 14th ( Thursday) until Sunday afternoon ( August 17th), so we can meet on saturday evening ( Aug 16th)

M2S, as rohan who is a goa resident confirming, CC is definetly closed since past 2 years irrespective of which time of the year.
Old 29th June 2008, 11:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Small Edit to the above panjim-pune via Nippani.
Rohan I am talking about the Anmod rout, the car does hammer any place on the road,I have traveled on both the routes... I'll give another report soon, have to go to pune mid july, so I can tell the roads conditions.
The roads upto Nippani are great..but after that upto sawantwadi are bad for the car...I hate car getting hammered every 500 meters.
Old 29th June 2008, 16:15   #25
BHPian

Yes you are right. Nippani-ajra-Sawantwadi road was not good. Sawantwadi-galdiglag was better albeit a bit longer.
Old 1st August 2008, 16:57   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Yes you are right. Nippani-ajra-Sawantwadi road was not good. Sawantwadi-galdiglag was better albeit a bit longer.

Please advice on the Route from Pune To North Goa , I am planing to drive in Swift on August 15 2008 .
Old 3rd August 2008, 15:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munish.Thapar View Post
Please advice on the Route from Pune To North Goa , I am planing to drive in Swift on August 15 2008 .

from pune to north goa,

take nh4 toward kolhapur from pune.

pune-satara-karad-kolhapur-continue on nh4 toward belgaum-kagal-karnataka border-nipani-sankeshwar-turn right at sankeshwar to gadhinglaj [ there are two routes to gadhinglaj, ask for good road]-maharashtra border-gadhinglaj-ajra-amboli-sawantwadi-goa border-pernem-mhapasa[ north goa]
Old 3rd August 2008, 16:19   #28
BHPian

Alright dudes, here's one more BHPian who's holidaying in Goa around the same time. Big gang, about 15 of us driving down from Bombay sometime in the 2nd week. Lets exchange PMs and plan on meeting there for car talk over a coupla drinks. Please PM on the GTO account.

We've traditionally taken the scenic Mumbai - Mahad - Goa route, but someone has suggested the Pune road to Goa. Is that better?

See you guys there!
Old 3rd August 2008, 16:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
We've traditionally taken the scenic Mumbai - Mahad - Goa route, but someone has suggested the Pune road to Goa. Is that better?

See you guys there!
it seems that goa will be flooded with bhpians on 15th aug.

have anyone tried or raced the two routes from bombay to goa.

route1 : bombay-mahad-chiplun-goa

route2 : bombay-pune-kolhapur-sankeshwar-amboli-goa.

i think route 1 is shorter and scenic but route 2 will take less time.
Old 3rd August 2008, 19:39   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
from pune to north goa,

take nh4 toward kolhapur from pune.

pune-satara-karad-kolhapur-continue on nh4 toward belgaum-kagal-karnataka border-nipani-sankeshwar-turn right at sankeshwar to gadhinglaj [ there are two routes to gadhinglaj, ask for good road]-maharashtra border-gadhinglaj-ajra-amboli-sawantwadi-goa border-pernem-mhapasa[ north goa]
Thank you , but I should not turn off at Kolhapur , but go ahead up to Nipani and go toward Amboli . How is the condition of this road ?????
Which is the better road . Pl advice .

Regards.
Munish.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks