Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2008, 20:41   #76
Senior - BHPian

Guys its raining heavily and rivers are flowing above normal level.

Lot of landslide happenning everywhere, trekkers watch your step please! and study the situation to proceed.

Many bridges are merged so lot of road is blocked.

Rain is expected to come down from tomorrow but flood will calm down only after 3 days.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 12th August 2008, 21:11   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munish.Thapar View Post
Ashish

Can you give a landmark in Sankeshwar to look for , at the turn off to gadhinglaj-ajra - amboli Route . Name of Hotel etc ...........
Kaveri Hotel on your left. At that point, turn to the right, and you will see a signboard pointing to Panaji 165 kms.

(with inputs from GTO)
Old 12th August 2008, 23:40   #78
Team-BHP Support

anurag, you can also try the Humnabad->Gulbarga->Jevargi->Bijapur->Athni->Chikkodi->Sankeshwar route. I personally find this road much much better than the Solapur road which has several pain points. Also, Bijapur is a nice place to halt for the night if you wish so. Hotels are much better priced as well.

You can check out my Travelogue for vairous details if you wish to take this road. This thread has of course now turned into a Hyderabad-Goa trip planner thread by all our esteemed Hyderabadi members.
Old 13th August 2008, 11:11   #79
Senior - BHPian

route update.
it seems that rain has been slowed down.
no news about nh17 from mumbai to goa.
pune-kolhapur nh4 has no problem.
almost 44 roads in kolhapur district are hampered due to rain.
sankeshwar-amboli route is in better condition.
water has been released from koyna dam resulting increase in level of krishna river in sangali. but no problem on sangali-jaysingpur road at irwin bridge.
Old 13th August 2008, 11:24   #80
BHPian

Hey thanks Zappo. I did consider it, and have been through the thread several times over. My only concern is how those roads have held up under the rains. Do you have any information on that?

EDIT: I will be travelling during the day, no night stops if I can help it.

Last edited by anurag_p80 : 13th August 2008 at 11:43.
Old 13th August 2008, 11:40   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Hey thanks Zappo. I did consider it, and have been through the thread several times over. My only concern is how those roads have held up under the rains. Do you have any information on that?
If anything those roads would have held up much better than any other. Simply because of the fact that vehicular density on those roads are far lesser than on other major highways and also the quality of the roads laid there is far better as well.
Old 13th August 2008, 11:45   #82
Senior - BHPian

Problem with smaller roads is -(a) there are overflowing culverts, (b) low causeways which get closed down due to overflows, (c) road closures which are not attended to in priority unlike the main highways. So, during such heavy rains, I prefer to avoid the smaller roads because of uncertainties and poor advance info on road condition.

But, right now, Sankeshwar-Amboli-Goa road is wide open.
Old 13th August 2008, 12:08   #83
Senior - BHPian

Goa-Belgaum road traffic restored

Traffic was restored on the Goa-Belgaum highway via Anmod on Tuesday morning. A landslide had blocked the highway for three days. However, traffic on the Goa-Mumbai route still remains affected by a river in spate at Banda. Buses are following a diversion via Amboli ghat, resulting in over an hour’s delay.

(reported in Times of India, Goa Edition, Aug 13)

The news about Mumbai route is not true since the Savantwadi-Banda-Goa road is open yesterday itself.
Old 13th August 2008, 12:12   #84
BHPian

1) Anyone having an update on PUNE->KOLHAPUR NH4 route? Will be doing this route on Friday afternoon. Is any part of this road blocked due to release of water from Koyna dam near Karad.

2) Leaving Kolhapur on saturday morning and plan on taking the kolhapur-gaganbavda route which passes through radhanagri and joins NH17 at nandgaon.
Has this route been opened to traffic now? Alternative for me would be Kolhapur-Ratnagiri NH20? through amba ghat - but not sure about this road either.
Old 13th August 2008, 12:40   #85
Senior - BHPian

No problem with NH4. The Koyna Dam water release is not expected to affect NH4. If Goa is your desinattion, why not take the Kolhapur-Nippani/Sankeshwar-Ajra-Amboli-Savanatwadi route which is certified OK? We have no info on the other roues - no idea whether any bridges are affected or landslides.
Old 13th August 2008, 13:03   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatoR View Post
2) Leaving Kolhapur on saturday morning and plan on taking the kolhapur-gaganbavda route which passes through radhanagri and joins NH17 at nandgaon.
Has this route been opened to traffic now? Alternative for me would be Kolhapur-Ratnagiri NH20? through amba ghat - but not sure about this road either.
no man.
kolhapur-gaganbavda route do not pass thru radhanagari.
kolhapur-gaganbavda route leads to kharepatan on nh17.
kolhapur-radhanagari route leads to dajipur sanctuary-fonda ghat-fonda and joins nh17 at humarat near kanakawali.
as far as kolhapur ratnagiri road is concerned, as you are going to goa, why are taking this route?. it means that you will travel to north west direction than south west travel to goa.
Goa Route Queries-1111.jpg
Old 13th August 2008, 20:54   #87
BHPian

Thanks hvkumar and Ashish for your prompt responses. Also thanks for updating me on the kolhapur-gaganbavda route; that was my mistake.

Actually i would be visiting the coastal town of Devgarh (its right below vijaydurg) on the map and then head south. On my way back i would be going to Ganpatipule and back to Kolhapur (as i have to drop a relative); hence the query about Ratnagiri-Kolhapur route.
Old 13th August 2008, 22:59   #88
BHPian

bangalore-goa

which is the best option to get to goa from bangalore. we are starting from chennai tomo afternoon and will be starting from bangalore to goa by tomo night.
Old 13th August 2008, 23:52   #89
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore-Dharwad-Londa-Molem-Ponda-Panaji?
one option

Bangalore-Shimoga-Jog-Honavar-Kumta-Karwar-Madgaon-Panaji?
Old 14th August 2008, 00:23   #90
BHPian

bangalore-tumkur-davengere-haveri-hubli-(take left to ankola/karwar)-ankola-karwar-canacona-margao-panaji .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks