Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2011, 23:54   #3391
Senior - BHPian

While going to hassan i took kunigal byepass. Entry to bye pass is blocked but there is a small gap which i could sneek even though santro bottomed. At the end there is around 50mts mud road which connects to main road as bridge is under construction. It seem to have reduced some kms than normal, is this correct guys?
Old 1st June 2011, 02:26   #3392
BHPian

re: The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
While going to hassan i took kunigal byepass. Entry to bye pass is blocked but there is a small gap which i could sneek even though santro bottomed. At the end there is around 50mts mud road which connects to main road as bridge is under construction. It seem to have reduced some kms than normal, is this correct guys?
Shamanth thats right.

The Kunigal byepass is still closed as the construction of the overbridge is still going on. But you can still take that 50 mtr long mud road and join the other end of the closed road.
Old 1st June 2011, 09:20   #3393
Senior - BHPian

There was a huge traffic pile up on sunday evening at the entrance to the Kunigal bypass from the Hassan side. There were lots of cars/trucks wanting to take the bypass, but they were blocked by others coming from the other side. Somehow wriggled through the mess and suddenly found that I had joined the regular NH 48 towards Kunigal town by bypassing the bypass.
Old 1st June 2011, 11:58   #3394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTF View Post
Kunigal bypass should be operational in couple of months if not sooner (completion may take longer), so won't need an alternative to NH-48.
I don't think they are going to operate it propoerly until the ROB just at the end is complete.
It's still a Mess at the end of the by-pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
That is 5.5 hours to Yeshwanthpur, after that it was a different story. There was bumper to bumper traffic and traffic Jams as it was raining. I managed to reach home by 7 PM (CV Raman Nagar) Which again isn't a bad time !
I agree, Yesterday morning while returning from native, it took me almost 40+ mins to just cover up the Yeshwanthpur mess.
What a forseight from the officials and what a design from them, it's a choke a block @ Yeshwanthpur, where almost 5 roads merge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Thanks to my newly installed civic coil spring adjusters/assisters, just managed to escape the road block which has been put at the beginning of the by-pass(when coming from blr). The mud hump is way too big.

I would still suggest people not to take this by-pass road when it rains too heavily at this place(Kunigal), coz at the end of by-pass where the construction is going for R.O.B(road over bridge), one has to deviate, and go thru slush filled road, it's in bad condition. Somehow manged to escape unscathed in this slush yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
There was a huge traffic pile up on sunday evening
There was a nasty accident yesterday morning after C.R Patna itseems.
Also a huge traffic pile up. Police deviated the traffic through Shravanabelagola, so had to drive thru S'Belagola
The road is in superb condition & very scenic too.

After this 4-Laning,This road , NH-48 has become accident prone, frequent accidents.
Previously on NH-48 we used to hear accidents only at Shiradi ghats, now it's at the entire stretch
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:39   #3395
Team-BHP Support

Folks, asking this question again, as I somehow could not dig out that question on this same thread.

1. How do I access Tumkur road, when coming via Sankey tank?
2. IISc circle I know is closed.
3. Is Yashwantpur circle also closed?
4. Last time I was told to hit 8th main from Sankey and arrive at the Yashwantpur circle.
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:57   #3396
BHPian

Guys,
Traveled by bus a couple of weeks back from Mangalore to Bangalore. The roads are just excellent all the way. Condition of Shiradi ghat is a dream come true.
The bus left Mangalore at 10:45 PM and I was at Navrang at 4:30 AM. Even I was pleasantly surprised at the time bcos I was expecting a reaching time of 5:30 AM in the morning.

I believe they should now delay the start time from Mangalore to prevent passengers reaching Bangalore during the wee hours of the morning.

Hoping that the condition of the roads stay the same come monsoon time.
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:05   #3397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Folks, asking this question again, as I somehow could not dig out that question on this same thread.

1. AFAIK when you are approaching from Sankey Tank take a left towards Malleswaram Margosa Road and from Margosa Road turn right on 17th Cross Road and then turn right near Vinayaka temple to hit Yeshwantpur Circle. I am sure you are aware of how to join Tumkur Road from Yeshwantpur Circle?

2. Yes IISc is closed. Hence asked you to take Route explained in 1. above.

3. Yeshwantpur circle is fully functioning - hence not a problem.
lazybrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:05   #3398
BHPian

Quote:

4. Last time I was told to hit 8th main from Sankey and arrive at the Yashwantpur circle.
How about going to Margosa Road --> right at 15th Cross Malleswaram --> right after MES first left over the bridge to Dr Rajkumar Road --> Right @ Dr RajKumar Road towards Shell (ISKCON Jn) --> Tumkur Road
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:08   #3399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandlimitedlife View Post
How about going to Margosa Road --> right at 15th Cross Malleswaram --> right after MES first left over the bridge to Dr Rajkumar Road --> Right @ Dr RajKumar Road towards Shell (ISKCON Jn) --> Tumkur Road
No need to go up to Dr. Rajkumar Road. Approach from 17th Cross and from 17th Cross, i think its 3rd right which will take you directly to Yeshwantpur Circle. Immediately once you take a 3rd right you will find a small vinayaka temple on left hand side. I am not sure what cross or main is that 3rd right called

But as a landmark that road has reliance fresh and Hotel Vikings in addition to Vinayaka Temple
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:13   #3400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
No need to go up to Dr. Rajkumar Road. Approach from 17th Cross and from 17th Cross, i think its 3rd right which will take you directly to Yeshwantpur Circle. Immediately once you take a 3rd right you will find a small vinayaka temple on left hand side. I am not sure what cross or main is that 3rd right called

But as a landmark that road has reliance fresh and Hotel Vikings in addition to Vinayaka Temple
True but with all the metro work as you approach Yeswantpur junction I think the ISKCON Circle is better managed and you can completely avoid yeswantpur market area. Also the only signal you will get is Raj Kumar road. By the way thinking again I think 17th cross straight can take you over the bridge all the way to Rajkumar road, I think next to Buns world or some bakery like that.

Alternatively if they follow the Right that you suggest, just before yeswantpur junction one could take the left and then over the railway crossing and right at the deadend to reach the other side of metro. This way also one can avoid yeswantpur market atleast partially.
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:17   #3401
Senior - BHPian

Folks monsoon as begun, as always places around Subramanya recieves very heavy rainfall. people planning the trip need to consider this.
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:19   #3402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandlimitedlife View Post
True but with all the metro work as you approach Yeswantpur junction I think the ISKCON Circle is better managed and you can completely avoid yeswantpur market area.
Not sure, but i stay in basaveshwaranagar and drive from the city to home taking the route i mentioned. Off late ISKCON circle is a bad traffic zone (again thanks to the METRO work) and you will get stuck badly at least during morning and evening peak hours. Of course during non-peak hours the route that you mentioned is most convenient.
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:22   #3403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Not sure, but i stay in basaveshwaranagar and drive from the city to home taking the route i mentioned. Off late ISKCON circle is a bad traffic zone (again thanks to the METRO work) and you will get stuck badly at least during morning and evening peak hours. Of course during non-peak hours the route that you mentioned is most convenient.
Lazybrain, I think it is always advisable to drive in bangalore only during non peak hours. Atleast we drive rather than crawl and curse in the traffic. I find lot of joy driving inside Bangalore only before 8AM(probably 7 in some junk routes) and after 8:30PM.
Old 2nd June 2011, 13:05   #3404
Team-BHP Support

So finally what do guys suggest?

Rajkumar road or 8th main? I will do this non-peak hours only.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd June 2011 at 13:16.
Old 2nd June 2011, 13:45   #3405
BHPian

Quote:
So finally what do guys suggest?

Rajkumar road or 8th main? I will do this non-peak hours only.
I think lazybrain agrees with me that Dr Rajkumar Road is most convenient at non-peak hour.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks