Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2013, 14:58   #4516
BHPian

Re: The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi

Hi Guys, Planning to leave to Nagpur from Mangalore on Sunday. Please tell me the status of road from Mangalore to Ankola NH 66 (old NH 17). Thanks in advance.
Old 19th February 2013, 17:36   #4517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityaya View Post
Hi Guys, Planning to leave to Nagpur from Mangalore on Sunday. Please tell me the status of road from Mangalore to Ankola NH 66 (old NH 17). Thanks in advance.
This may not be the right thread since many travel only till udupi. But since there may not be dedicated thread. Wait for some experts to comment
Old 21st February 2013, 11:48   #4518
BHPian

I am planning to go Sakleshpur this weekend. I intend to go to Bisle view point and mookana mane abbi falls. Can someone give me the directions? Also, is it doable in a punto?

Thanks a lot in advance
Old 21st February 2013, 16:34   #4519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycatcher View Post
I am planning to go Sakleshpur this weekend. I intend to go to Bisle view point and mookana mane abbi falls. Can someone give me the directions? Also, is it doable in a punto?

Thanks a lot in advance
From Sakleshpur Bisle View point is around 50 kms and the route is Sakleshpur-Donigal (Manjarabad Fort)-Byakaravalli-Hethur-Baachihalli-Vanagur Koodu Raste (Junction)-Bisle Check post-Bisle View point

The road is good upto Donigal and from there, it is a single lane road. The road is decent with very little potholes, but the road shoulders are high in many places. At Byakaravalli, you need to take right turn towards Hethur. There are a few kms of rough road here, but as you near Hethur, the road is good. After Hethur, the road is being patched up. I am not sure till where it is patched up now, but as of last weekend it was patched up to Baachihalli.

At Baachihalli, you need to go straight to Bisle View Point and at Vanagur Koodu Raste which is a junction, you need to turn right and then it is a straight road to Bisle.

For Mookana Mane Abbi falls, you need to turn right at Baachihalli (7 kms from Hethur). Approximately 8 kms from Baachihalli, you will find a dirt road to your right. This goes to the falls. This road has a couple of steep sections and there are undulations and also some rocks protruding out of the road. Last weekend, I was there and I saw an Indicab near the falls. So, I guess a Punto can make it too, but needs to be driven carefully. I went in a Qualis.

You can get some more info in my travelogue. Check the link below. I have not uploaded the recent pictures yet. Will do so in some time.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...aginahare.html

Last edited by addyhemmige : 21st February 2013 at 16:36.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 16:37   #4520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
From Sakleshpur Bisle View point is around 50 kms and the route is Sakleshpur-Donigal (Manjarabad Fort)-Byakaravalli-Hethur-Baachihalli-Vanagur Koodu Raste (Junction)-Bisle Check post-Bisle View point

You can get some more info in my travelogue. Check the link below. I have not uploaded the recent pictures yet. Will do so in some time.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...aginahare.html
Thank you for the detailed info. How long does it take to travel from Sakleshpur - Bisle and Bisle - Mookana Mane falls?
Old 21st February 2013, 16:47   #4521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the detailed info. How long does it take to travel from Sakleshpur - Bisle and Bisle - Mookana Mane falls?
From Sakleshpur to Bisle, it can take upto 2 hrs as the road condition is bad and from Bisle to the falls, it will be around 45 mins to an hour (distance of 27-28 kms). After Baachihalli, you face a potholed road for about 6 kms and after that, there is newly laid road which goes all the way to Hongadahalla.

One more thing, at Donigal/Manjarabad fort, you need to take a left from the highway. This road goes parallel to the highway and then goes uphill.

There are no English signboards anywhere. The signboards, if any, are all in Kannada.
addyhemmige is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 19:43   #4522
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One more thing, at Donigal/Manjarabad fort, you need to take a left from the highway. This road goes parallel to the highway and then goes uphill.

There are no English signboards anywhere. The signboards, if any, are all in Kannada.
Thanks Addy. I was about to ask the question about the road that goes uphill immediately after the bend near the shops on the highway. Is it also the same route to Mugilu homestay ?
Old 22nd February 2013, 12:19   #4523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Thanks Addy. I was about to ask the question about the road that goes uphill immediately after the bend near the shops on the highway. Is it also the same route to Mugilu homestay ?
Yes it is. Once you are on this road, you have deviate to another road to reach the homestay.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2013, 17:06   #4524
BHPian

Quote:
From Sakleshpur to Bisle, it can take upto 2 hrs as the road condition is bad and from Bisle to the falls, it will be around 45 mins to an hour (distance of 27-28 kms). After Baachihalli, you face a potholed road for about 6 kms and after that, there is newly laid road which goes all the way to Hongadahalla.

Addy, one more question. Are there any sign boards pointing to Mookana mane falls. Also, from Bacchihalli approx how far is the falls?
Old 22nd February 2013, 17:14   #4525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Addy, one more question. Are there any sign boards pointing to Mookana mane falls. Also, from Bacchihalli approx how far is the falls?

The falls is approx 8.5 kms from Baachihalli. The last half km is a dirt road.

Btw, where are you planning to stay?
Old 22nd February 2013, 17:25   #4526
BHPian

Quote:
The falls is approx 8.5 kms from Baachihalli. The last half km is a dirt road.

Btw, where are you planning to stay?
Have a relatives house at Sakleshpur. This is my plan

Leave Bangalore by 4AM - Saklespur - Bisle view point - Mookana mane Abi falls - Manjarabad fort - Saklespur.

Hope fully we can do this before sundown. Am I being too optimistic?

Last edited by flycatcher : 22nd February 2013 at 17:26.
Old 22nd February 2013, 18:30   #4527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hope fully we can do this before sundown. Am I being too optimistic?
Easily doable. Slow sections are only after Sakleshpur, so you can make up time in the morning. 4am departure from Bangalore will put you in Sakleshpur for breakfast. There on budget 2 hrs for Bisle View point
Old 4th March 2013, 10:34   #4528
BHPian

Quote:
@flycatcher,
Entrance to Mookana Mane Arbi falls in on the right hand side when you're going towards Hongadahalla. Look for a dirt track on right side of the main road, with a lonely tree exactly in the middle of the track. This tree has a stone structure built around its trunk. There are two sections in this dirt track which can be tricky while climbing back up (need to maintain traction).

I did a similar trip recently. We first went to Manjarabad fort, then to Mookana Mane falls and then to Bisle and continued to Kukke Subramanya.
370Z is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 12:17   #4529
BHPian

Is Agumbe ghats opened again? Last heard it was closed for repair...
Old 5th March 2013, 12:21   #4530
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday I drove the Shiradi again. Nothing new to report. They are laying new tar on the road between Kokkada and Dharmasthala, starting from Kokkada.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks