Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2020, 17:58   #8371
MCR
BHPian

Re: The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
Planning to travel to Mangalore this friday.
Inter district Travel pass not required for Day time travel.

"Inter-district travel from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. will not require pass from May 19 except for containment zones. Travellers will only have to produce their identity card, State Police Chief Loknath Behera said here on Monday."

Link : https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le31616433.ece

3+1 (3 Passengers and 1 Driver) allowed per car. Wearing a mask is mandatory though.
Old 19th May 2020, 18:35   #8372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Inter district Travel pass not required for Day time travel.

Link : https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le31616433.ece

3+1 (3 Passengers and 1 Driver) allowed per car. Wearing a mask is mandatory though.
The link says Kerala. is this applicable for Karnataka as well?
fast_elegance is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2020, 23:14   #8373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are forgetting about the guideline that says that kids under 10 and elders over 65 should remain indoors.
I, myself, need to drive to Bangalore and back one of these days to drop my sister's kids back home. Both are under 9 so I'm still considering my options. We hadn't stopped anywhere for food when I had brought them to Manipal on 15th March, so contact with people can be avoided this time also.
Old 20th May 2020, 02:39   #8374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
You are forgetting about the guideline that says that kids under 10 and elders over 65 should remain indoors.
Yes Sam, this is one of my concern as well.

Receiving the below message in sevasindhu site when trying to apply for inter-district pass now.

"This Service is Temporarily disabled as per the instructions of Government of Karnataka."

So I am assuming that there is no requirement for pass in case of inter-district travel in Karnataka. However, there is still no clarity regarding the number of passengers allowed in a private vehicle. I called 1077 to find out and the person seemed clueless as well. He informed it is fine to travel with more than 2 passengers if there are elderly or small kids.

My brother-in-law is planning to join in his car and we will split the passengers between 2 cars so that we are travelling 1+2 again assuming kids are not counted.
Old 20th May 2020, 10:41   #8375
Senior - BHPian

After 2 long months, i had to cross Bangalore to Hoskote. They have set up barricades while entering bangalore(assuming the same with all major cities/district boundaries)

it took me over 20 mins to cross due to the heavy traffic flow. With this i am skeptical of travelling to udupi over the weekend. Assuming such barricades along the highway and now with increased traffic, it might get very frustrating !!

Also usually i avoid traffic by starting early, however now we need to adhere to 7AM-7PM only.

Waiting for further updates on this thread.

Quote:
So I am assuming that there is no requirement for pass in case of inter-district travel in Karnataka.
There is no need for a pass. However you may be subjected to questioning at crossings etc (I guess it might be random checking only).

Last edited by rajshenoy : 20th May 2020 at 10:43.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 12:00   #8376
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry. The same is applicable for Karnataka.
Link : https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...es-govt-124883

Quote:
I, myself, need to drive to Bangalore and back one of these days to drop my sister's kids back home. Both are under 9 so I'm still considering my options. We hadn't stopped anywhere for food when I had brought them to Manipal on 15th March, so contact with people can be avoided this time also.
There is no specific guideline issued by State Government on kids and elders. There is similarly no guideline for use of State transport by kids and elders for inter-district travel issued by the State government.

As per the news item above, Police checking is only to ensure there are no passengers from outside Karnataka getting transported!
MCR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 16:12   #8377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
There is no specific guideline issued by State Government on kids and elders. There is similarly no guideline for use of State transport by kids and elders for inter-district travel issued by the State government.
Check point 7.

The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi-screenshot_20200520160618.png

This is from the notification issued on 18-5-2020
The whole PDF is also attached.

RD 158 TNR 2020 dated 18 05 2020.pdf
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 15:10   #8378
Team-BHP Support

Is anyone planning to test this theory...?

https://www.mangalorean.com/no-covid...avel-in-ktaka/
Old 22nd May 2020, 15:31   #8379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Is anyone planning to test this theory...?

https://www.mangalorean.com/no-covid...avel-in-ktaka/
No passes required as per a few who have traveled to other districts within KA. The below seems to confirm the same too.

The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi-55638f22af53491c8118cdfe062b07c8.jpg
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 15:38   #8380
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
No passes required as per a few who have traveled to other districts within KA. The below seems to confirm the same too.
Unfortunately, Udupi District is acting a state within state. They keep insisting that even in-state visitor will be subjected to government quarantine followed by home quarantine. Also they want genuine reason backed by documentation to enter Udupi district.

What the hell is a genuine reason, and what documents people must show that will be genuine enough at the border? It is an excellent opportunity for police at the border to extract bribes.

https://www.daijiworld.com/news/news...?newsID=710533
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 15:56   #8381
BHPian

Just reached Mangalore from Bangalore without any pass. The check was only at Gundya where they make a note of the vehicle number, driver name, phone number, from and to, they also take temperature of all the occupants wherein everyone had to get down. The PC over there also warned us not to roam around after reaching MLR.

We were 1+4 in the car including a kid 3 yr old and a senior 66 yr old.

Traffic was minimum. Sakleshpur looked busy as usual. No restaurants are open and then there were a couple of them i noticed who were handing out parcels only.

I was planning to take a bio break at Empire Hassan but found that to be closed and therefore had to drive without any break.

Just before the Hassan toll, there was a checkpoint where they made us go through the shamiyana that was put up. But the police over there did not collect any details. I am guessing it was because my car is KA19. My bro in law who was in another car KA03 had to provide details.
fast_elegance is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 16:06   #8382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We were 1+4 in the car including a kid 3 yr old and a senior 66 yr old.
There were no questions about the kid in the car?

Asking because I had been the to DC office in Udupi asking about the kids' travel restrictions. They categorically said that children under 10 should not be traveling.
Old 22nd May 2020, 16:33   #8383
BHPian

Quote:
There were no questions about the kid in the car?

No questions asked. In fact they also checked the temperature of the kid.
fast_elegance is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 12:46   #8384
Distinguished - BHPian

Second hand information, so don't have too many details, but an acquaintance just drove back from Mangalore to Bangalore yesterday. Only one checkpoint on the way where ID proof was checked. (No idea if temperature checks were conducted or not.)
Old 27th May 2020, 13:57   #8385

I traveled from Bangalore to Mangalore on Thursday, 21st May and drove back on Saturday, 23rd May. FYI, I do not take the Nelamangala route to get out from or get in to Bangalore. I prefer the Magadi road route which comes out before Kunigal. This saves toll money, little distance and also serves as a scenic route. Buying fresh vegetables in Magadi also serves as an incentive. Here are the observations from the trip:

- It's fine to travel with elderly. I had my 76 year old mother-in-law in our car, along with my spouse. The police saw her and didn't have any objections. There was a checkpoint with a shamiyana near Hassan, but they were not very inquisitive and waived us by. At Gundya, they took temperature of individuals and also details about destination, car etc.

- There are very few open restaurants. However, since we had an elderly person travelling back, we had to take bio breaks often. Here are some notes:

=> Look out for petrol pumps with restrooms. We stopped at an Essar pump after Gundya (can be used travelling both ways). There was a BP pump somewhere near Yadiyur which had clean bathrooms (can be used going towards Bangalore).

=> Before Kunigal, look out for KSRTC buses parked in a restaurant on the left side of the road (can be used when going towards Mangalore). I don't remember the name, but the restaurant had clean toilets and served tea/coffee.

=> Before Sakleshpur town, there is a restaurant named 'Ossor' on the right side of the road. There are clean rest rooms and tea/coffee and rice parcels available. Can be used travelling both ways.

The roads are fine and the traffic was fairly dense on Saturday.
scorp77 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks