Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2021, 19:51   #8716

Re: The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi

Hello there. I and my parents are travelling to Mangalore tonight by bus to attend to a family emergency. Are auto rickshaws available near the KSRTC bus stand? I was worried about whether the curfew imposed by the Government has impacted these services in any way.
Old 26th April 2021, 12:15   #8717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlylifecrysis View Post
Hello there. I and my parents are travelling to Mangalore tonight by bus to attend to a family emergency. Are auto rickshaws available near the KSRTC bus stand? I was worried about whether the curfew imposed by the Government has impacted these services in any way.
As of now, this was to be only for the weekend. It should be back to normal from this morning with few restrictions.
Old 27th April 2021, 07:30   #8718

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
As of now, this was to be only for the weekend. It should be back to normal from this morning with few restrictions.
Yeah, I was able to find auto rickshaws near the bus stand. Thank you
Old 28th May 2021, 12:46   #8719
BHPian

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 1125
Size:  252.8 KB

Now the question is, will the toll plaza workers listen to the motorists that the queue is longer then one hundred meters? Making rules is easy in India but not following them. Let's see how this goes.
The_Road_Rover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 10:38   #8720
BHPian

Planning to travel this weekend Mangalore - Bangalore with family and car fully loaded with luggage and pets. Has anyone traveled of late and faced any issues especially with cops?
Old 1st June 2021, 10:49   #8721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Planning to travel this weekend Mangalore - Bangalore with family and car fully loaded with luggage and pets. Has anyone traveled of late and faced any issues especially with cops?
But how do you plan to travel? Inter district travel is not allowed yet unless all have permission.
Old 1st June 2021, 11:37   #8722
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone traveled of late and faced any issues especially with cops?
I have a pending travel to M'lore from B'lore and waiting for this lockdown to be eased on 07/06. Do you have any valid reason for this travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
But how do you plan to travel? Inter district travel is not allowed yet unless all have permission.
Where do we get this 'permission'? Please share, if you know of any links/information.
Old 1st June 2021, 11:53   #8723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where do we get this 'permission'? Please share, if you know of any links/information.
I don't know this time around what the procedure is. Last time during lockdown got permission from AC office and while returning back, got same from SP office. To begin with you should check with your local police station.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 13:01   #8724
BHPian

Quote:
Car of course but thought to take a chance since we are not certain how the situation is at the barricades. At the max we would be sent back.

Quote:
I have a pending travel to M'lore from B'lore and waiting for this lockdown to be eased on 07/06. Do you have any valid reason for this travel?
Nothing alarming or serious, just wanted to reach the Bangalore home since we have to visit the bank and daughter's school orientation etc etc. The later plan is also to return back to Mangalore sometime next month once things are eased. So its gonna be an up and down trip

Last edited by alstonlobo : 1st June 2021 at 13:03.
Old 1st June 2021, 14:51   #8725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Car of course but thought to take a chance since we are not certain how the situation is at the barricades. At the max we would be sent back.
From what I know, restrictions are not as strict as last year. There are people who travel inter-districts between 6-10AM. Probably if you can reach Bangalore home before 10AM, should be less risk. However there are high chances of being stopped or car getting seized. Unless you have emergency or medical needs, I would not recommend travelling without Pass.
Old 2nd June 2021, 16:18   #8726
BHPian

Quote:
From what I know, restrictions are not as strict as last year. There are people who travel inter-districts between 6-10AM. Probably if you can reach Bangalore home before 10AM, should be less risk. However there are high chances of being stopped or car getting seized. Unless you have emergency or medical needs, I would not recommend travelling without Pass.

We are taking the plunge and traveling Saturday morning during the 6-10 window. We are keeping an office letter for laptop renewal, and some other nitty gritties to show the cops in case questioned. We did consult a few acquaintances who traveled when the lockdown was freshly imposed and they have showed an office letter to the cops and someone else mentioned their parents were unwell back home and hence the reason to travel, they were let to pass. In our case, the cops can notice two kids, two dogs and luggage and understand that we are not on a joyride. Also, the Seva Sindhu portal is not accessible. Where do i apply for an epass?
Old 2nd June 2021, 16:27   #8727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We are taking the plunge and traveling Saturday morning during the 6-10 window. We are keeping an office letter for laptop renewal, and some other nitty gritties to show the cops in case questioned. We did consult a few acquaintances who traveled when the lockdown was freshly imposed and they have showed an office letter to the cops and someone else mentioned their parents were unwell back home and hence the reason to travel, they were let to pass. In our case, the cops can notice two kids, two dogs and luggage and understand that we are not on a joyride. Also, the Seva Sindhu portal is not accessible. Where do i apply for an epass?
The ePass portal from D.K was different and not in Seva Sindhu last year. I haven't heard about ePass this time around. I would recommend you start earlier, so you can make it to Bangalore before 10.
Old 2nd June 2021, 19:55   #8728
BHPian

Quote:

There is no pass system this time around. My relative did travel from UDP to BLR 10 days back. He left at 2:30 am and reached BLR before the cut off time. Did not see cops nor were stopped anywhere through out the journey.
livyodream is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 22:27   #8729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
There is no pass system this time around. My relative did travel from UDP to BLR 10 days back. He left at 2:30 am and reached BLR before the cut off time. Did not see cops nor were stopped anywhere through out the journey.
I heard same from few of my friends too. They did one way trip to Bangalore. While one was not stopped other was stopped but was let to go after finding reason valid. So if you can support your journey with valid reason and reach destination before 10AM, inter district should be ok.
Old 4th June 2021, 12:05   #8730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I heard same from few of my friends too. They did one way trip to Bangalore. While one was not stopped other was stopped but was let to go after finding reason valid. So if you can support your journey with valid reason and reach destination before 10AM, inter district should be ok.
Quoting myself- From June 7th there will be no restrictions on inter district and inter state movement as per new guidelines from Govt, please check official press release.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks