Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2022, 22:22   #9376
BHPian

Re: The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi

I travelled Aldur-Chikmagalur-Belur last week (28-Sept) and its is good shape (my 5’er did without scraping anywhere). Few deep potholes are there in a stretch, and near Aldur some stretch is very narrow with no side filling, be watchful of left side and avoid dropping out of the road.
mkc15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 23:02   #9377
BHPian

Hello,
We are travelling from Bangalore to Udupi with kids tomorrow, Google suggests via Hassan, Belur, Mudigere, Belthangadi. Is the route good? Good places to eat on the way, especially after Hassan?

Is the same route good for return as well?

Many thanks!
Old 5th October 2022, 07:24   #9378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heysac View Post
Hello,
We are travelling from Bangalore to Udupi with kids tomorrow, Google suggests via Hassan, Belur, Mudigere, Belthangadi. Is the route good? Good places to eat on the way, especially after Hassan?

Many thanks!
Yes, this route is great overall. Drove last week from Mangalore to Chikmagalur via this route. Few areas where you need to slow down, but nothing major.

Charmady ghat was very scenic, and lucky for us we were returning (so did not encounter much traffic towards Chikmagalur - most of the traffic was towards Mangalore).

Places to eat post Hassan may be limited, but you should find some in the larger towns on the way.
abhinavm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 11:00   #9379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Many thanks!
Ibbani Cafe is 'Decent'. You get Neer Dosa, Akki Roti, Sandwiches, hot beverages. It has a good parking space and views. This is just after Muddigere. Should be about 60-70 mins post Hassan if my memory serves me right.

Alternate, you can go further, and before Charmadi, you will find some small places at Kottigehara, you get some hot neer dosas.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 17:18   #9380
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

I have a small favour to ask, we travelled from Mangalore to Bangalore today morning (5th October). My elder daughter had developed sudden fever and hence we checked out soon, in the process she left her Iphone SE 2020. The place was Adyar Plaza. The management was kind enough to call and inform us about this. However it was late for me to get back. My humble request for anyone travelling back to Bangalore, if you can collect the phone. Adyar Plaza - Bangalore Highway. I will be very grateful. Please PM me if anyone can help me with this situation.
Old 5th October 2022, 18:15   #9381
Senior - BHPian

Hi - I’ll be driving to Udupi this Saturday and back Monday noon. If you can wait till then, I can collect it.

Alternate, Adyar Plaza guys can pack and handover to a private bus towards Bangalore and you can pick that up. If you think a phone is costly enough to be handed over to a bus driver, I had my passport delivered at Chennai from Bangalore through this mechanism. It’ll work quicker for you.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 19:04   #9382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVMBLR View Post
Hello BHPians,

I have a small favour to ask, we travelled from Mangalore to Bangalore today morning (5th October). My elder daughter had developed sudden fever and hence we checked out soon, in the process she left her Iphone SE 2020. The place was Adyar Plaza. The management was kind enough to call and inform us about this. However it was late for me to get back. My humble request for anyone travelling back to Bangalore, if you can collect the phone. Adyar Plaza - Bangalore Highway. I will be very grateful. Please PM me if anyone can help me with this situation.
Is this Adyar Plaza in Padil? PMing you my contact details. I'm leaving Mangalore for Bangalore in an hour, so please call me ASAP.

Adyar Plaza Inn
097445 77922
https://maps.app.goo.gl/KjFUybZfS5DN6iRV8

Edit: picked it up. Please call me.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 5th October 2022 at 19:28.
ninjatalli is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 16:32   #9383
BHPian

Just finished a good drive from Honnavar to Sringeri and then to Bangalore on the same day.

Route taken was Honnavar - Kundapur - Koteshwar - Halady - Agumbe - Sringeri which is butter smooth.

After having a darshan at Sringeri Temple we started to Bangalore and took the route Sringeri - Jayapura - Aldur- Chikkamagalur - Belur - Hassan - Bangalore.

The route between Jayapura to Chikkamagalur is almost broken with many potholes however, can be driven on lower speeds. Again Belur to Hassan is also broken with small potholes all the way.
meetbadri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 17:03   #9384
BHPian

Given the pathetic condition of roads on the Shiradi ghat road, took Bisile ghat during the last week of September. This was my first time on this route and did Bangalore (Bannerghatta Road) to Mangalore (Kuntikan) in 6 hrs 45 minutes including a 10 minute break.

Route taken Bannerghatta Road >> Nice Road >> Nelamangala >> Hassan >> Gorur >> Arkalgud >> Shanivarasanthe >> Koodrasthe >> Bisile Ghat >> Subhramanya >> Uppinangady >> Mangalore.

Mostly good motorable roads throughout & Bisile ghat was nice to drive.
suhasark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 21:08   #9385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Is this Adyar Plaza in Padil? PMing you my contact details. I'm leaving Mangalore for Bangalore in an hour, so please call me ASAP.

Adyar Plaza Inn
097445 77922
https://maps.app.goo.gl/KjFUybZfS5DN6iRV8

Edit: picked it up. Please call me.
Thank you very much Mr.Niranjan for your timely help. You went to adyar plaza to pick up the phone and contact me. You highlighted the group as well as the forum and showed that in times of need we can indeed bank on BHPians. I feel the deepest gratitude.
SVMBLR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 18:41   #9386
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have a recent update on the roads between Kukke and Udupi please?
Old 8th October 2022, 11:18   #9387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Ibbani Cafe is 'Decent'. You get Neer Dosa, Akki Roti, Sandwiches, hot beverages. It has a good parking space and views. This is just after Muddigere. Should be about 60-70 mins post Hassan if my memory serves me right.

Alternate, you can go further, and before Charmadi, you will find some small places at Kottigehara, you get some hot neer dosas.
Thanks, A2B is very good post Hassan. I am wondering if there are any good options between Udupi and Hassan since that's almost a 5.5 hours drive.
Old 9th October 2022, 17:45   #9388
Senior - BHPian

The places I pointed out are between Hassan and Udupi heysac.
Old 10th October 2022, 10:13   #9389
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, A2B is very good post Hassan. I am wondering if there are any good options between Udupi and Hassan since that's almost a 5.5 hours drive.
Ocean Pearl group has opened a new hotel in Ujire, at ~1 KM from Ujire junction towards Dharmasthala.
I have yet to visit this, but having been to their Mangalore & Udupi restaurants many times, expecting this to turn out good barring the initial niggles.
Shubbi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 14:36   #9390

Just finished a long drive from Udupi to Bangalore last Sunday, Oct 10. The route taken was Udupi > Mangalore (Ice cream halt at Pabba's) > BC Road > Ujire > Charmady Ghat > Mudigere > Belur > Hassan > Bangalore.
The Road condition between Udupi to Mangalore is great with some deterioration near Mangalore port. Mangalore to BC Road has few potholes. BC Road to Belthangady is good with smooth tarmac. Post Belthangadi up to Charmady is the worst section of the route with a lot of potholes and has to be driven cautiously. Charmady ghat road is excellent. Mudigere to Belur is also good. Belur to Hassan is getting worse as there are a lot of potholes. We wasted nearly half an hour as the traffic was blocked due to a religious procession just when we were on the Yagachi bridge. Post Hassan, there are a lot of diversions due to flyover constructions at some places. Since it was a Sunday, there was almost bumper-to-bumper traffic all the way from Hassan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks