Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2009, 13:19   #1426
Senior - BHPian

Thanks all. I live near Mysore Road (South of Bangalore). So I will be taking Magadi Road. Planning to travel next weekend. If time permits will visit the Bahubali at Dharmasthala. I would like to be back at Hassan for night stay before travelling back to Bangalore next morning. Would appreciate any suggestions on nice place for stay in Hassan.
Old 8th December 2009, 14:44   #1427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post

I don't think Airavats are plying on Magadi road. KSRTC buses are not allowed to take alternate routes other than the scheduled ones. If caught, the drivers are fined.
Private buses are taking this route. I have seen Vishal & Sugama ply on this road.
Airawat go by normal Nelamangala route. I have travelled 5 times in last one month and every time the bus has taken Nelamangala route. Driver says over all Shiradi route is better than Madikeri route, so they have been asked to travle via Shiradi Ghat.

Heard that KSRTC bus stand is going to shift due to metro work? Any idea where it will be shifted to.

Some drivers told it will be shifted to Peenya, some say mysore road satellite bus stand. Some say only Airawat will start from Majestic and all other servies will be shifted

For me all these alternate places are so far from E-city (to take an Airawat to Mangalore )
Old 8th December 2009, 14:48   #1428
Senior - BHPian

Same with "Kottara chowki" flyover and the BC road flyover aswell is taking way too long...

Almost all the "public" works take too much time and the way its planned in most cases is TERRIBLE! so both planning and execution is done badly. the common man is the one who suffers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
added to that our suratkal fly over which is in same state

Any of my kins coming to Suratkal, I say "there is a half constructed fly over infront of bus stand. Just wait below that. I will come and pick" I have been saying this for last 3 years or more i guess. and biggest joke is most of the flyovers constructed as part of Mangalore Suratkal 4 laning are one way fly overs. Pathetic planning.

I too agree about tree cutting part. So many trees will be cut if they are going for 6 lane. Even 4 lane, the number of trees to be cut is not less. I am missing drive to Udupi which we used to have some 2 years back covered by tree shades all over (especially stretch after Padubidri). it was so nice. Used to drive between 50 to 60KMPH on that road with windows down on a hot summer. it was pleasure ride.

Also I sincerely hope they will replant double or triple the number of trees cut so that say after 10 -15 years we shall have cool ride during a hot summer
Old 8th December 2009, 15:08   #1429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Thanks all. I live near Mysore Road (South of Bangalore). So I will be taking Magadi Road. Planning to travel next weekend. If time permits will visit the Bahubali at Dharmasthala. I would like to be back at Hassan for night stay before travelling back to Bangalore next morning. Would appreciate any suggestions on nice place for stay in Hassan.
So you are planning to come via Shiradi ghat to Bangalore in a car. I would not advise this route in a car. I will be travelling this weekend. Will update on the road condition.

But if you still want to try this route you have some hotels in Sakleshpura on the main road itself. You can check out that. Hassan again you need to enter the city.
Old 8th December 2009, 15:16   #1430
Senior - BHPian

Kadri- I plan to take the Charmadi ghat via Belur not the shiradi Ghat.
Old 8th December 2009, 15:49   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Kadri- I plan to take the Charmadi ghat via Belur not the shiradi Ghat.
You can come via Puttur - Madikeri - Mysore route to Bangalore.
Old 9th December 2009, 10:58   #1432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would appreciate any suggestions on nice place for stay in Hassan.
Hotel Hassan Ashok
Hotel Southern Star
Hotel Jewel Rock
Suvarna Regency
All the above hotels are in B.M. Road
Hoysale village resort, it's in Belur Road.
Old 9th December 2009, 11:06   #1433
BHPian

Any inputs on Urban Retreat homestay& Las Palmas Beach House, Mangalore
I am looking for relaxing holidays !!
Old 9th December 2009, 11:55   #1434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Hotel Hassan Ashok
Hotel Southern Star
Hotel Jewel Rock
Suvarna Regency
All the above hotels are in B.M. Road
Hoysale village resort, it's in Belur Road.
Adding to it with price

Hotel Sri Krishna (Rs 800- Good restaurant)
Hotel Suvarna Regency (rs 800 - Good restaurant)
Hoysala resorts *** ( Above 4000 - Food not so good)
Ashoka *** (above 3000)
Southern star ** ( above 2000)
Old 9th December 2009, 12:10   #1435
BHPian

Hello,
I am planning for a trip to Subramanya/Dharmastala on the 25, 26 and 27 of december. Please let me know the best way to travel and the road conditions.
Old 9th December 2009, 14:38   #1436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Any inputs on Urban Retreat homestay& Las Palmas Beach House, Mangalore
I am looking for relaxing holidays !!

Frankly speaking even though I am from Mangalore, i am hearing these places today only.

Summer sands resort is one of the oldest and famous resorts of Mangalore you can check the below link Summer Sands Beach Resort, Mangalore
Old 9th December 2009, 14:44   #1437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
Hello,
I am planning for a trip to Subramanya/Dharmastala on the 25, 26 and 27 of december. Please let me know the best way to travel and the road conditions.
If you are going by train then trains are full. you can look out for tatkal.

You have good number of KSRTC and Private buses daily to both places from Bangalore. But you need to book your tickets immideatly. Its holiday time.

By road Bangalore- Hassan- Charmdai - Dharmastala - Subramanya - Madikeri - Mysore - Bangalore.

Road condition will update on 14th. I am travelling this weekend to Mangalore.
Old 9th December 2009, 14:57   #1438
BANNED

Mods: How about changing the topic to The Torture ....
Old 9th December 2009, 15:14   #1439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Heard that KSRTC bus stand is going to shift due to metro work? Any idea where it will be shifted to.

Some drivers told it will be shifted to Peenya, some say mysore road satellite bus stand. Some say only Airawat will start from Majestic and all other servies will be shifted

For me all these alternate places are so far from E-city (to take an Airawat to Mangalore )
Thats true. Majority of the services would be shifted out of Majestic.

Buses coming through Nelamngala basically from Mangalore, Tumkur, etc would halt near Peenya. My friend told KSRTC had taken some huge property some years back near Peenya.

Buses coming from Hyderabad would halt near Hebbal. But till now i have not come across any development happening near Hebbal.

Buses coming from Mandya side would halt at Mysore road bus terminal.

But there are some news of keeping Airavath (Volvo) operations from majestic only.

There are some Rajahamsa services starting from Shanti Nagar bus stand and Jayanagar bus stand to Mangalore.

Else you have plenty of private buses from every part of Bangalore to Mangalore.
Old 9th December 2009, 15:50   #1440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post

Buses coming from Hyderabad would halt near Hebbal. But till now i have not come across any development happening near Hebbal.

I think Hyderabad and Kolar side buses will stop at NGEF near KR Puram bridge. Land has been alloted to BMTC and KSRTC along with Metro at NGEF.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks