Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2009, 11:33   #451
BHPian

pervez more details are needed if possible put one travelogue on your experiences etc
Which car did you used to travel
Old 18th March 2009, 11:46   #452
Senior - BHPian

ahh thtas a good news....will be going to Mangalore in April and was planning to go via Madikeri...
Old 18th March 2009, 11:49   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
pervez more details are needed if possible put one travelogue on your experiences etc
Which car did you used to travel
Travelogue..hmm. Let me check if I have decent snaps which will
do justice to nature. I also have a complete gear lock installation thread in the pipes, but need a peaceful weekend for that. I will try to do both.

Oh by the way, I was driving a stock zen '04 model.
Old 18th March 2009, 11:56   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
pervez more details are needed
Please let me know what exactly are you looking for. I'll be more than happy to help.
Old 18th March 2009, 12:05   #455
Senior - BHPian

Prevez how is the road condition from Puttur till Mangalore....
Old 18th March 2009, 12:22   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Prevez how is the road condition from Puttur till Mangalore....
Puttur to Mangalore is not bad. There are patches laid, but, they are no reason whatsoever to apply breaks. After Mani you'll encounter traffic, thats when I needed to slow down as Bantwal was approaching. After that the dreaded BC road, again slow, then comes Mahavir circle, regular city traffic. After that I turned towards Ullal, so I cannot say what lies after Mahavir circle.
Hope this helps though.

Anyways, OT, has anyone done better timing than 8 hours on this route? I mean, I need to know if i'm a tortoise. I have seen Ford Endeavours and our darling Safaris getting stuck behind stubborn truckers and bus drivers, in that sence having a small car really helped squeezing past them on narrow forest roads.
Old 18th March 2009, 17:41   #457
Senior - BHPian

I had last taken the madikeri route all the way till mangalore and then udupi in Jan end and yes except the kushal nagar-madikeri stretch(it was ok sorts that time, narrow but luckily no traffic) and madikeri-sampaje was getting patch work treatment(hopefully complete now)

no complaints and i still feel for those who want to go to Mangalore its a good option since you can rip till kushal nagar at whatever speed you like, better to start early mornings and you can maintain 100+ all the way except on stretch between rangantittu and the hunsur road. this will help you atleast interms of time taken
Old 18th March 2009, 19:43   #458
BHPian

shiradi is possible.

well guys,some respite for users of shiradi stretch.A few weeks back,there was a highway bundh in Sakleshpur to protest against the deplorable condition of shiradi.They invited the contractors,govt officials concerned & made them talk on the dias.Promises were made & amounts were sanctioned to do the "Patchworks".It seemed to have worked.I drove upto Gundiya last weekend,in my Jeep,just to check the condition.Most craters have been filled up & it is motorable now .I saw cars like Zen,civic etc doing the stretch.All those wanting to relive Shiradi for sometime,do it now,before it gets back to it's original shape
Old 18th March 2009, 20:38   #459
BHPian

Shiradi challenge.. it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandan View Post
well guys,some respite for users of shiradi stretch.A few weeks back,there was a highway bundh in Sakleshpur to protest against the deplorable condition of shiradi.They invited the contractors,govt officials concerned & made them talk on the dias.Promises were made & amounts were sanctioned to do the "Patchworks".It seemed to have worked.I drove upto Gundiya last weekend,in my Jeep,just to check the condition.Most craters have been filled up & it is motorable now .I saw cars like Zen,civic etc doing the stretch.All those wanting to relive Shiradi for sometime,do it now,before it gets back to it's original shape
Respite indeed! Hope this patchwork stays for couple more months, at the least until charmadi is available again. Thanks for bringing this news.. as no one was venturing onto shiradi for sometime now.
Old 18th March 2009, 20:58   #460
Senior - BHPian

Chandan thats a good news indeed....but shiradi was more of craters and less of road...so filling up actually wont work

Anyways i guess i will wait for Maruru to give feedback once he is back from the trip...April 2nd week am off to Mlore.
Old 18th March 2009, 21:12   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Thats really great news. I would be travelling from BLR to MLR come end Apr 2009 and would love to drive down the Shiradi route.
Old 18th March 2009, 23:16   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Thats really great news. I would be travelling from BLR to MLR come end Apr 2009 and would love to drive down the Shiradi route.
April end would be too late for the roads to be tested,I'm talking about now.I can't even say how the condition will be this weekend.
Old 19th March 2009, 10:10   #463
Senior - BHPian

Hey Chandan

Can you tell me roughly how many kms are in bad shape?

Last time i took this route sometime in october and it was not just shiradi that was bad but also the hasan Bypass, hasan to sakleshpur showing signs of breaking near the slopes and all the way till the diversion to Dharmasthala(infact it was more horrible there than ghats) If i am not wrong, this comes after Gundya, Did you have a chance to hear about that stretch as well ?

I am planning to travel to Udupi in begining of April and state of our roads are not giving me not many choices
Old 19th March 2009, 12:14   #464
BHPian

Quote:
April end would be too late for the roads to be tested,I'm talking about now.I can't even say how the condition will be this weekend.
Damn .
This means I will have to monitor this thread till the time I travel to get the latest update.
Old 19th March 2009, 12:27   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Damn .
This means I will have to monitor this thread till the time I travel to get the latest update.
Yes my friend, more so when you have multiple routes for the same destination. Road conditions can change drastically on this stretch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks