Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2009, 21:46   #976
Senior - BHPian

zteg, guess for now am kind of tilting towards madikeri route have one more day to decide...heheh

Btw (OT) you have on of my fav cartoon character as your avtaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
So lohith, Have you decided the route ?
The only thing for me that doesnt work in favour of the madikeri route is that, I have driven on mysore road N number of times and am bored of Bangalore Mysore road.
This time I got my bro for company. I will ask him to do the Bangalore Mysore road if i am taking that route

@Samurai, Sorry for the extra smiley. Didnt notice it. Will take care next time
Old 1st September 2009, 21:50   #977
BHPian

Quote:
I was actually wondering "Why am I the only one who is confused?"
No confusion here, guys. The Madikeri route is manageable/will not be much of an issue for utility vehicles. The rest would have to go through the needless suffering of either driving over potholes, or the underbody getting scraped at places where the land below the tyres has deepened, over the Kushalnagar-Madikeri stretch.
As Sandeep says, the 4 lane stretch until Srirangapatna works in favour of the above route, as you can sail along with the traffic here, followed by scarce traffic between Ilvala to Mani. Take a call depending on your own assessment.
Old 1st September 2009, 21:55   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
zteg, guess for now am kind of tilting towards madikeri route have one more day to decide...heheh

Btw (OT) you have on of my fav cartoon character as your avtaar
Yeah. Its BUCK for you

Me too going to try the Madikeri route. Moreover I can take the NICE road to mysore. It is very close to my place. I love the mysore to Hunsur stretch. Feels great to drive on that stretch.
Lohith, have fun until Hunsur, after that God save our cars. Will look out for your FIAT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
No confusion here, guys. The Madikeri route is manageable/will not be much of an issue for utility vehicles. The rest would have to go through the needless suffering of either driving over potholes, or the underbody getting scraped at places where the land below the tyres has deepened, over the Kushalnagar-Madikeri stretch.
Kind of used to the potholes, driving to Mangalore over the Shiradi ghats. Moreover similar conditions in Magalore also, thanks to all the flyover construction..

Last edited by zteg : 1st September 2009 at 21:59.
Old 1st September 2009, 22:02   #979
Senior - BHPian

hmmm some contradicting info here, according to "Sandeep" the potholes are small...atleast they dint bother the Civic

Sandeep Kamath - Madikeri - Kushalnagar (30 Kms): Poor. Lots of small potholes, but manageable. Progress slow. Plan about 40 Kms/hour

D(short form for dkamath, whcih car do you drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
As Sandeep says, the 4 lane stretch until Srirangapatna works in favour of the above route, as you can sail along with the traffic here, followed by scarce traffic between Ilvala to Mani. Take a call depending on your own assessment.
Old 1st September 2009, 22:13   #980
Senior - BHPian

Road conditions update around madikeri. You can chose which one to try

Hunsur - mysore -Superb roads.

Hunsur - periyapatna -Byalakuppe - good roads.

Bylakuppe -Hunsur road - harangi dam - good narrow roads, except some patches near the dam, not a major issue.

Harangi Dam - SH88 - good scenic roads, few patches, but not an issue

SH88- Dubare -valnoor-siddapur-chetalli-madikeri - good narrow roads, but small patches through out.

Sidapur - pollibetta -good narrow roads, but small patches through out.

Pollibetta - ammathi -virajpet -good narrow roads, but small patches through out.

Virajpet -kadanga-kakkabe-madikeri - good narrow roads, but small patches through out.

Madikeri-bhagamandala-talacauvery -Mostly good narrow roads, but small patches through out, and near madikeri some rough patches.

Virajpet -kutta - good narrow roads, but small patches through out.

Kutta - nagarahole -murkal -hunsur - good roads except that it is narrow.

On all these narrow roads you can comfortably do 40-60 kmph. Be careful when you get down to allow the oncoming vehicle to pass through.

Completely byepassed kushal nagar - so have no idea what it was like.

Though I took the swift through these roads, there were nothing which could have been a threat to the civic.
Old 2nd September 2009, 12:41   #981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Road conditions update around madikeri. You can chose which one to try

Kutta - nagarahole -murkal -hunsur - good roads except that it is narrow.
Look out for humps almost every 100 meters. Hunsur-Veeranahosahalli stretch is rough. Once you enter Nagarhole, you have good roads until you leave the sanctuary gate.

Quote:
Completely byepassed kushal nagar - so have no idea what it was like.
Didn't you pass Kushalnagar on the way to Harangi dam from Bylakuppe??
Old 2nd September 2009, 13:04   #982
Senior - BHPian

Planning to drive to Kundapur again like last year,Sharath what do you think ? Right time to travel or postpone . We only need beaches,volleyball and nothing else . Purely for getting away from the monotonous work life.

Last edited by Samurai : 2nd September 2009 at 13:05.
Old 2nd September 2009, 13:07   #983
Team-BHP Support

Now that you have the Scorpio, bring it on. Roads are really crappy, but who cares. The view is just stunning, and that's the important thing.
Old 2nd September 2009, 13:27   #984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Planning to drive to Kundapur again like last year,Sharath what do you think ? Right time to travel or postpone . We only need beaches,volleyball and nothing else . Purely for getting away from the monotonous work life.
Riju, just take your Scorpio and enjoy your drive on this road and enjoy your beach volleyball.

Do not worry about the roads just enjoy.
Old 2nd September 2009, 13:31   #985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Riju, just take your Scorpio and enjoy your drive on this road and enjoy your beach volleyball.

Do not worry about the roads just enjoy.
naah !! it aint the roads, its the rains. You know you need a perfect sunny day and then the game starts.
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:26   #986
BHPian

Quote:
naah !! it aint the roads, its the rains. You know you need a perfect sunny day and then the game starts.
Just spoke to my mom sometime back. Its been raining nonstop since yesterday
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:38   #987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Look out for humps almost every 100 meters. Hunsur-Veeranahosahalli stretch is rough. Once you enter Nagarhole, you have good roads until you leave the sanctuary gate.

Didn't you pass Kushalnagar on the way to Harangi dam from Bylakuppe??
Humps - you are right, but are smaller in height and dia
I took some road before entering Kushal Nagar just after a small bridge to the right.
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:42   #988
Senior - BHPian

Voila its raining and will be fun driving tomorrow, now am wondering that will it make sense to drive via Kudremukha

Riju now onwards you should stop asking about the road conditions yea beach and sun makes a great combo...

zteg so you will be driving via Mysore? i will make the final decision by today evening.
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:44   #989
BANNED

Quote:
You know you need a perfect sunny day and then the game starts.
Try it in the rains.

The wet sand and the refreshing rain makes it perfect.

For years we played football on the beach during the monsoons. It was sheer fun.
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:45   #990
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDHRUV View Post
Thank You both Samurai and dkamath I think I will take the route as suggested by Samurai makes better sense as my native place is Manipal.
If your destination is Manipal, then it will save you 30Kms over the NH17 based route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDHRUV View Post
In terms of time how much time should we plan for the distance from Manipal to Madikeri. Is this dooable within 4 hours given the condition of the roads.
With good roads, 4 hours is doable. But now not so sure. Keep 5 hours just to be safe.

Quote:
Just spoke to my mom sometime back. Its been raining nonstop since yesterday
It stopped around 1PM today.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks