Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2009, 12:29   #1081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Addy apart from it, the other possible route is
BLR-MAGADI-KUNIGAL-BELLUR CROSS-NAGAMANGALA.(Just after bellur cross toll gate , Take left)
Though it might be slightly longer, but good road.
Yep, I suggested this road just to try out different routes rather than the same routes (maybe try a bit of adventure). Of course, if the road is not good on a particular route, it wouldn't make sense going on it unless you have a SUV. That is why I asked Suresh to enquire about the road conditions before he deviates to that route. He'll definitely come back to Kunigal-Bellur Cross-Nagamangala road if the other one is not good.

It will not be worth taking the adventure if your (& your car's) backs are going to be broken.
Old 21st September 2009, 12:52   #1082
BHPian

Thanks Addy and Sushrutha.

Addy: I too would like to try a different route from the normal. Will check after Magadi and if they say the route is fine, will take it. Else will go via Belur Cross.

S.Suresh
Old 21st September 2009, 13:09   #1083
BHPian

guys,
any idea what is the road condition of honavar to bhatkal/byndoor stretch in the recent times? I would like to visit few places on this stretch while on my way back to bangalore..and i need to take a call whether to enter this strech or not based on the road condition.
Old 21st September 2009, 18:45   #1084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Oh, no, no! Remember the term "Konkana Suthi Mylara"? Besides, you gain nothing. The real bad stretch is between Mulki to a little beyond Padubidri. After that, the NH17 is quite decent until Kalyanpura.
lolz hehe yes i do

great then i guess i will stick to NH17 as Kalyanapura is my destination

btw post santhe kate hows the road condition?
Old 21st September 2009, 21:00   #1085
BHPian

I'm planning to travel from Whitefield to Sakleshpur over this coming weekend. Which route is the best? We are 3 bikes and 1 car. Can someone please tell me which is the shortest route and which route has the best roads? Our current plan is to go across the city to Nelamangala and head left on NH48 to Hassan and on to Sakleshpur.

Thanks!
Old 21st September 2009, 21:23   #1086
BHPian

Bluu, take the straight forward way that you have already mentioned.

If you are not going into or across Shiradi ghat then you will be fine on NH48.

Only thing is either start very early in the morning or very late in the night to beat the traffic Jam till Nelamangala.

From Whitefield, I would take : Outer Ring Road - Madivala Junction - Kanakpura toad through JP Nagar - NICE Road (50 Rs Toll till NH4) - Nelamangala - Kunigal - Hassan - Shakleshpur
Old 21st September 2009, 21:57   #1087
Senior - BHPian

Shimoga - Hosanagara - Haladi - Barkur road condition

Hi

Tomorrow morning 8 AM, i plan to take the Shimoga - Hosanagara - Haladi - Barkur road.

any recent update available on this stretch ? how is the road condition ?
Old 21st September 2009, 22:31   #1088
BHPian

Making use of another long weekend next week and planing to travel to Mangalore on Saturday using the Hassan>Belur>Charmadi>Mangalore route. This seems to be the best bet from recent reports. If anyone has got similar plans please pm me offline. We plan to leave early in the morning by about 5 am.

Last edited by triedeverything : 21st September 2009 at 22:33. Reason: additional info
Old 21st September 2009, 23:14   #1089
Senior - BHPian

Star, 6months back i had been Shimoga - Hosanagar - Shimoga to Hosanagar is ok some places its rough but manageable and Hosanagar towards udupi is bad few kms...
Old 22nd September 2009, 08:42   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KishoreC View Post
From Whitefield, I would take : Outer Ring Road - Madivala Junction - Kanakpura toad through JP Nagar - NICE Road (50 Rs Toll till NH4) - Nelamangala - Kunigal - Hassan - Shakleshpur
Go via Magadi - Kunigal. The road is excellent, hardly a vehicle on the road any time of the day. Once you are on the NICE road, take the exit to Magadi road and keep going straight until cross Magadi town. Right after that take the right in the first junction to Kunigal and you will reach NH-48 just before Kunigal town.
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:19   #1091
BHPian

I will be driving down to Mangalore this week-end. The plan is to go via Madikeri. Has anyone travelled on this road for the past few days? What is the latest update on the road condition?

Thanks in advance for all the help
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:22   #1092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
I'm planning to travel from Whitefield to Sakleshpur over this coming weekend. Which route is the best? We are 3 bikes and 1 car. Can someone please tell me which is the shortest route and which route has the best roads? Our current plan is to go across the city to Nelamangala and head left on NH48 to Hassan and on to Sakleshpur.

Thanks!
The route is quite straight forward. No confusion anywhere at all. If you are leaving very early, I suggest you go through the city (if you are familiar with the roads). There will be very little traffic, the distance is shorter and you can save on the toll too). Going via NICE road will be a big roundabout, especially from Whitefield.

Another alternative is the Outer Ring Road through KR Puram-Banaswadi-Naagavaara-Hebbal-BEL circle-Gorguntepalya-NH4. This is much shorter than the NICE road.
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:22   #1093
Senior - BHPian

Prabhu, Madikeri route is very doable and am sure its almost the same as it was couple of weeks back...even the traffic should be lesser as Shiradi is opened...

btw even i might be traveling to Mlore this weekend..
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:24   #1094
Senior - BHPian

If its a weekday make sure you start before the school starts or the people start rushing to work/factory last time i had a tough time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
The route is quite straight forward. No confusion anywhere at all. If you are leaving very early, I suggest you go through the city (if you are familiar with the roads). There will be very little traffic, the distance is shorter and you can save on the toll too). Going via NICE road will be a big roundabout, especially from Whitefield.

Another alternative is the Outer Ring Road through KR Puram-Banaswadi-Naagavaara-Hebbal-BEL circle-Gorguntepalya-NH4. This is much shorter than the NICE road.
Old 22nd September 2009, 11:35   #1095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullinb View Post
Go via Magadi - Kunigal. The road is excellent, hardly a vehicle on the road any time of the day. .
Nopes the traffic in this route has increased considerably these days as most of them are taking this route to avoid Nelmangala stretch.
But excellent road.

Most Viewed