Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2009, 12:12   #1141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I would be starting from JP Nagar, and am planning to take the magadi road this time. I know this road until the BEL colony, and would like to know is there any deviations ahead. Please advise.
You don't need to go till BEL to get onto to Magadi road. If you are going via BEL, the Nelamangala route will be shorter. It does not make sense to go all the way to Yeshwantpur/Gorguntepalya and then come back towards Magadi road.

1. If you plan to go within the city take the following route

JP Nagar-Jayanagar-South End circle-Gandhi Bazaar-take right onto Bull Temple road-Take a left on Chamrajpet 1st main road (end/start of Bull Temple road)-continue till Sirsi Circle (also called mysore circle) located below the ramp of the flyover and join Magadi road. Once you join magadi road, it is a straight drive till Magadi. Do not take any turns anywhere. Just follow the straight road.

2. If you plan to take the ring road

JP Nagar-Kanakpura road junction-Kadirenahalli junction(grade separator works ongoing)-Devegowda Petrol Bunk-Katriguppe-Mysore Road-Take left on Mysore road-Continue till Bangalore University junction-Take right to Bangalore University-Continue to the other end of the university campus till you reach the ring road at Ullalu cross-take right on the ring road-Continue on the ring road till Magadi road-take left on Magadi road

No need to go all the way till Kengeri to join the ring road. It is very far. Bangalore University Campus is a much shorter way and there are no confusions as well.

A new ring road through Nagarbavi will be completed in a few months (years???) time and will join Mysore road at Nayandahalli junction

Last edited by addyhemmige : 1st October 2009 at 12:14.
Old 1st October 2009, 12:15   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I
I would be starting from JP Nagar, and am planning to take the magadi road this time. I know this road until the BEL colony, and would like to know is there any deviations ahead. Please advise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
Since you are travelling in the early morning, take RV Road- JC Road - Vidhana Soudha - Sankey Road - IISC - Yeshwantpur - GoraguntePalya. At this point take the left turn and take the ring road towards Magadi Road. At the Magadi Road junction take right and towards Magadi.
This route will be quite longer. Avoid this route.

Quote:
Another option will be to take the ring road at JP Nagar and come to Mysore road. Take the ring road again at Kengeri and join Magadi Road. Take the left and go towards Magadi
This road looks decent, take this road or,
Other possible options
1. JP Nagar - Gottigere-NICE Road all the way till Magadi road. take left to reach Magadi road.
2. JP-Nagar - Kanakpura Rd metro - NICE Road.
3. JP Nagar - Kathriguppe - Mysore road - Vijayanagar - reach tollgate and take left to reach magadi rd.

I'm also travelling tomorrow(probably 7am) all the way till Sakleshpura & beyond.
My route is as follows
Banshankari-Uttarahalli -Kengeri-NICE road - Magadi - Kunigal - Hassan...
Old 1st October 2009, 12:41   #1143
BHPian

Quite a few folks going the sakleshpur way tomorrow. Im also planning to leave aroung 6am tomorrow from JPNagar. Plan to cover Dharmasthala and subramanya over the next two days, but still skeptical of whether to take the shiradi ghat route.

I had earlier planned to take the JPNagar-Kanakpura Road-NICE Road-Tumkur Road-Kunigal-Hassan. From the discussions seems like Magadi road is a good option too. So if I take JPNagar-Kanakpura Road-NICE Road(Magadi Road exit) take a left and keep going straight is it a straight road that goes across Magadi and joins Kunigal or should i watch out for any other deviations?

Last edited by superamerica : 1st October 2009 at 12:43.
Old 1st October 2009, 12:41   #1144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
You don't need to go till BEL to get onto to Magadi road. If you are going via BEL, the Nelamangala route will be shorter. It does not make sense to go all the way to Yeshwantpur/Gorguntepalya and then come back towards Magadi road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
This route will be quite longer. Avoid this route.

This road looks decent, take this road or,
Other possible options
1. JP Nagar - Gottigere-NICE Road all the way till Magadi road. take left to reach Magadi road.
2. JP-Nagar - Kanakpura Rd metro - NICE Road.
3. JP Nagar - Kathriguppe - Mysore road - Vijayanagar - reach tollgate and take left to reach magadi rd.
@Satish, addyhemmige, sushrutha : Thanks Guys!

@addy : I was speaking about the BEL colony(anjana nagar) on the magadi road, certainly not the BEL factory.

I would prefer the third option, as it is early morning am not expecting much traffic on these roads. So from tollgate, it is one straight road until magadi and a right turn out there and am onto the road towards NH48.
Old 1st October 2009, 12:57   #1145
Team-BHP Support

How much savings in time and distance does the Magadi road route offer instead of the standard Neelmangala route?

Also how is the Magadi road condition? Is it a SH ? I have always heard of this option, but never gone through this section. I was always OK with Neelamangla section.
Old 1st October 2009, 13:01   #1146
Senior - BHPian

ampere, i think if you switch back a page of two you will get number of posts explaining the condition and the route...

Well I always try to avoid peenya route, just beause of the road condition, unending road/metro work and adding to all this is TRAFFIC, via Magadi you can give a miss to all of it

Last edited by lohithrao : 1st October 2009 at 13:03.
Old 1st October 2009, 13:01   #1147
BHPian

Magadi road is bad till the NICE road junction - many humps and potholes. After that its excellent. It is a SH
Old 1st October 2009, 13:46   #1148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
Since you are travelling in the early morning, take RV Road- JC Road - Vidhana Soudha - Sankey Road - IISC - Yeshwantpur - GoraguntePalya. At this point take the left turn and take the ring road towards Magadi Road. At the Magadi Road junction take right and towards Magadi.

Another option will be to take the ring road at JP Nagar and come to Mysore road. Take the ring road again at Kengeri and join Magadi Road. Take the left and go towards Magadi

Once you reach Magadi, pass through Magadi town and then you will have to take the deviation to the right. This road will take you to NH48 just before Kunigal
Hi,

I see in Google maps, that their also exists a road directly from Kengeri to SH17E (Magadi Road), without going via the outer ring road. Any idea which road is this?
Old 1st October 2009, 14:26   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Mmm... quite a number of people on the road tomorrow in the same direction, towards Mangalore.

Same here - starting early at around 3~4am. First time on this route.

Till now, my plan was to use NICE all the way to Tumkur and then to Hassan, Shiradi ghat and finally Mangalore. Let me check out the Magadi road in Google.
Old 1st October 2009, 14:33   #1150
BHPian

Me too going to Mangalore tonight , but taking the KSRTC volvo service. Bus is at 10:40 (special additional; bus). All the buses to M'lore are full and KSRTC is adding special buses depending upon the demand. Even the return buses on Sunday night are full.

Anyone planning to M'lore in a bus and yet to buy tickets then check the availability in advance.

Planning to visit Manipal on saturday in my Santro, which is in Mangalore (used by my Dad).
Old 1st October 2009, 15:48   #1151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Satish, addyhemmige, sushrutha : Thanks Guys!

@addy : I was speaking about the BEL colony(anjana nagar) on the magadi road, certainly not the BEL factory.

I would prefer the third option, as it is early morning am not expecting much traffic on these roads. So from tollgate, it is one straight road until magadi and a right turn out there and am onto the road towards NH48.
Oops!! my bad. I thought you were speaking about the BEL campus near Jalahalli. I never knew there was a BEL colony on Magadi road.

After Magadi town, take right and take the left side at the next fork. Both junctions have signboards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
First time on this route.

Till now, my plan was to use NICE all the way to Tumkur and then to Hassan, Shiradi ghat and finally Mangalore. Let me check out the Magadi road in Google.
If you plan to take NICE, my suggestion is that you exit on to Magadi road and contnue towards Magadi and join NH48 just before Kunigal. It will save you the distance between Magadi road & Tumkur Road.

First time? No problem, just follow the good road and you'll be on NH48 in no time

@ampere

I think the road you are talking about is the Kengeri-Tavarekere road. This is shorter for people coming from Kengeri. I do not know the road conditions for this road. This road joins Magadi road in Tavarekere village.

Last edited by addyhemmige : 1st October 2009 at 16:01.
Old 1st October 2009, 16:01   #1152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
... If you plan to take NICE, my suggestion is that you exit on to Magadi road and contnue towards Magadi and join NH48 just before Kunigal. It will save you the distance between Magadi road & Tumkur Road.

First time? No problem, just follow the good road and you'll be on NH48 in no time
So, Magadi it is.

I am planning to go thru Bangalore University road, to the Ring Road and join Magadi road. From there NH48 to Kunigal, Hassan and on...

So, who all in what all vehicles can I expect tomorrow?

If any of you see a Red Safari rumbling along, hopefully, at 90kmph, wave your hand, the complete hand and not just a finger!
Old 1st October 2009, 16:19   #1153
BHPian

Lot of BHPians in Mangalore over the weekend.

Spotting each others cars in M'lore when going around should not be tough provided you have the stickers on.

O.T : Just noted that it is my 100th post

Last edited by fast_elegance : 1st October 2009 at 16:20. Reason: additional text
Old 1st October 2009, 16:23   #1154
BHPian

+1

Will be leaving early morning at around 4a.m. to Udupi. Going via the least "worst" road, if that makes sense -
Magadi - Kunigal - Hassana - Belur- Chikmagalur - Aldur -Balehonnur-Jayapura-Sringeri-Agumbe-Hebri-Udupi
Swift Zxi with team-bhp stickers all around

Wanted to know if Shell on Mysore road will be open at 4 in the morning. Any idea?
Old 1st October 2009, 16:31   #1155
Senior - BHPian

wow too many, sad i cant join the gang i will be taking off sometime next week.

Have fun guys, you can expect good rain...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks