Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 12:17   #2191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagoner View Post

Intending to take the Chikamaglur, Ballehonnur, Sringeri, Agumbe, Hebri route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I did this route 12 days back. Take Magadi-Kunigal-C.R.Patna-Hassan-Belur-Chikmaglur-Balehonnur-Jayapur-Sringeri-Agumbe-Hebri-Manipal-Udupi. The roads are in good condition throughout.
I'll agree with Samurai,
Returned today morning from Native. Also had been near agumbe on Friday,
The route Magadi-Kunigal-C.R.Patna-Hassan-Belur-Chikmaglur-Balehonnur-Jayapur-Sringeri-Agumbe- is GOOD.
Except for road widening work between Kunigal - Bellur cross.
Old 7th June 2010, 18:46   #2192
Senior - BHPian

careful! Big pit near Suratkal fly over!

Quote:
The flyover work is going on and on on kotarachowki....
suratkal fly over work started couple of weeks back. They dug a big pit near one end and now no work happening. Any one driving towards Mangalore from Udupi side,(especially during night) please be careful towards southern end of fly over. There is a big pit on edge of road!

Yesterday 9.20 night volvo from Mangalore reached Majestic before 5 today morning

Last edited by recshenoy : 7th June 2010 at 18:48.
Old 8th June 2010, 16:56   #2193
BHPian

Any good eating joints (with decent rest/wash rooms) along the Bangalore, Tiptur, Arsikeri, Shimoga route? Will be travellling with family this weekend.
Old 8th June 2010, 18:12   #2194
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Any good eating joints (with decent rest/wash rooms) along the Bangalore, Tiptur, Arsikeri, Shimoga route? Will be travellling with family this weekend.
Most places before Tumkur. You have Kamat and CCD. (Kamat is available on both sides of the road).

The first Kamat you get while going towards Tumkur, is on the right side of the highway, 2Km after Dobbaspet.

Last edited by ampere : 8th June 2010 at 18:14.
Old 8th June 2010, 20:32   #2195
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Most places before Tumkur. You have Kamat and CCD. (Kamat is available on both sides of the road).
I have seen Kamats [Upachar and Lokaruchi] on both the sides of Bangalore - Mysore State Highway 17. But, on NH 4, Kamat Upachar is located on the right side when you go from Bangalore, near Dobbaspet. Have they opened on the other side too recently?

Old 8th June 2010, 23:16   #2196
BHPian

Thanks to Samurai and Sushrutha for the update on the road -- to Udupi-- condition, and to Ampere for the info on eating joints at Tumkur.

For my weekend trip to Udupi, I think I will go with the Chikamaglur, Ballehonnur route.

Starting on Saturday Morning June 12 early morning and will head toward Kunigal via the NICE Road.

~W
Old 9th June 2010, 11:21   #2197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If the highlighted one is priority, Then only Cafe Coffeeday after Dobaspete comes to my mind. After Tumkur there arent many good eating joints with decent rest rooms.
Old 10th June 2010, 13:23   #2198
BHPian

Karkala route condition

I am planning a trip to Karkala in the next 10 days. I am clear till Hasan. Any suggestions from there on to reach Karkala. Also some details on road conditions will be helpful.
Old 10th June 2010, 14:52   #2199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
I am planning a trip to Karkala in the next 10 days. I am clear till Hasan. Any suggestions from there on to reach Karkala. Also some details on road conditions will be helpful.
3 options from Hassan

1. Hassan-Sakleshpur-Gundya-Dharmasthala-Ujire-Guruvayanakere-Karkala. This is the straightforward route via Shiradi ghat. Road conditions are good

2. Hassan-Belur-Gonibeedu-Mudigere Hand Post-Kottigehara-Charmadi-Ujire-Guruvayanakere-Karkala. This goes through the scenic Charmadi ghats. Road conditions are good.

3. Hassan-Belur-Mudigere hand post-Kottigehara-Kalasa-Kudremukh-SK Border-Karkala. This route passes through the Kudremukh National Park. The Road conditions are supposed to be good as per latest updates on the forum (for all 3 routes). Please be aware that you have cross Kudremukh within 2 hours of entering it.

All the routes are almost the same distance from Hassan. So, you will not gain any advantage distance-wise. I would suggest either route 2 or route 3. Both of them are scenic.

Belur to Mudigere, there is an alternative route. Beur-Gendehally-Mudigere. It is narrow, but road conditions are good.
Old 11th June 2010, 08:43   #2200
BANNED

We are attending our friends engagement in Hassan next sunday. Planning to leave on Saturday to visit some places around there- thinking of Kemmangundi, hows the weather there? Also any info on hemavathi dam?
Any route suggestions?
Old 11th June 2010, 12:38   #2201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
We are attending our friends engagement in Hassan next sunday. Planning to leave on Saturday to visit some places around there- thinking of Kemmangundi, hows the weather there? Also any info on hemavathi dam?
Any route suggestions?
Weather in Kemmangundi should be cool and rains must have started (not sure though). It is around 100kms from Hassan with around 70 kms of good roads. You should be able to visit in a day. You can also visit Baba Budangiri and Mullianagiri on the way.

Route from Bangalore

Bangalore-Magadi-Kunigal-Channarayapatna-Hassan

Hassan-Belur-Chikmagalur-Kaimara (take left here)-Mullianagiri-Bababudangiri-Kemmangundi. Rough roads start from Kaimara.

Kemmangundi-Kalhattigiri falls-Lingadahalli-Santaveri-Chikmagalur. You can take this road for the return journey. It is faster and the road from Lingadahalli to Chikmagalur is very good.

Hemavathi Dam in Gorur is around 23 kms from Hassan. In Hassan, take a left from the Santhepete Circle on the main BM Road. The initial 2 kms are pathetic and from thereon it is manageable till Gorur. This time of the year, there will be very little water. The best time would be mid-August when the dam would be full.

I might probably go there tomorrow. Expect some updates on Monday.

For more info on these places, refer the following thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...mmangundi.html
Old 11th June 2010, 13:12   #2202
Senior - BHPian

Monsoon has arrived in full swing so can expect loads of rains on the hills and coast... its being raining heavy from this morning...
Old 11th June 2010, 13:34   #2203
Team-BHP Support

How is NH4 during monsoons?
That is Tumkur/Chitradurga and nearby areas.
Old 11th June 2010, 13:59   #2204
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Weather in Kemmangundi should be cool and rains must have started (not sure though). It is around 100kms from Hassan with around 70 kms of good roads. You should be able to visit in a day. You can also visit Baba Budangiri and Mullianagiri on the way.

Route from Bangalore

Bangalore-Magadi-Kunigal-Channarayapatna-Hassan

Hassan-Belur-Chikmagalur-Kaimara (take left here)-Mullianagiri-Bababudangiri-Kemmangundi. Rough roads start from Kaimara.

Kemmangundi-Kalhattigiri falls-Lingadahalli-Santaveri-Chikmagalur. You can take this road for the return journey. It is faster and the road from Lingadahalli to Chikmagalur is very good.

Hemavathi Dam in Gorur is around 23 kms from Hassan. In Hassan, take a left from the Santhepete Circle on the main BM Road. The initial 2 kms are pathetic and from thereon it is manageable till Gorur. This time of the year, there will be very little water. The best time would be mid-August when the dam would be full.

I might probably go there tomorrow. Expect some updates on Monday.

For more info on these places, refer the following thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...mmangundi.html
Wow, thanks. I have trekked in those places but not knowledgeable about the road directions. So can we drive to this trio "Mullianagiri-Bababudangiri-Kemmangundi" directly from b'lore? Because we thought we could stay that day in chikmagalur and proceed to hassan next day.
Old 11th June 2010, 14:51   #2205
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys, traveling to Udupi tomorrow early morning. I am clear from Magadi road but had a query regarding the connectivity to Magadi road.

I stay close by to NICE road and can join from Kanakapura road side. But I am not sure where will it join near Magadi road. Is it after Magadi town or well before it? I would like to avoid the town and hence checking if taking the nice road will help or is it better to go thru Majestic itself?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks