Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 14:56   #2206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Hi Guys, traveling to Udupi tomorrow early morning. I am clear from Magadi road but had a query regarding the connectivity to Magadi road.

I stay close by to NICE road and can join from Kanakapura road side. But I am not sure where will it join near Magadi road. Is it after Magadi town or well before it? I would like to avoid the town and hence checking if taking the nice road will help or is it better to go thru Majestic itself?

The NICE road anytime .It will be faster .
Old 11th June 2010, 16:07   #2207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
The NICE road anytime .It will be faster .
Thanks speedsatya... Nice road it will be then!
Old 11th June 2010, 16:15   #2208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys, traveling to Udupi tomorrow early morning. I am clear from Magadi road but had a query regarding the connectivity to Magadi road.

I stay close by to NICE road and can join from Kanakapura road side. But I am not sure where will it join near Magadi road. Is it after Magadi town or well before it? I would like to avoid the town and hence checking if taking the nice road will help or is it better to go thru Majestic itself?
The NICE road crosses Magadi road approx 15 kms from Majestic, and from that intersection Magadi is approximately 35 kms away. If you're near the NICE road / Kanakapura road intersection, taking the NICE road should save you at least 10 to 12 kms in terms of distance and about 30 minutes to an hour+ in terms of time (depending on the time of the day) compared to going via Majestic.
Old 11th June 2010, 18:20   #2209
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks speedsatya... Nice road it will be then!
Take the NICE Road and u can take a left turn and join Magadi Road near Gollarahatti. From there enjoy a smooth ride upto Kunigal.

Have a nice trip buddy.
Old 12th June 2010, 14:46   #2210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Wow, thanks. I have trekked in those places but not knowledgeable about the road directions. So can we drive to this trio "Mullianagiri-Bababudangiri-Kemmangundi" directly from b'lore? Because we thought we could stay that day in chikmagalur and proceed to hassan next day.
It depends on what time you leave Bangalore. If you can reach & leave Hassan by 9 am, then you should be able to cover the 'trio' and come back to Hassan for staying. You can stay in Chikmagalur also. It is just an hour's journey by car from Chikmagalur to Hassan.
Old 13th June 2010, 12:03   #2211
BHPian

NH 17 is no longer national horror 17. lets hope it stays this way now that rains are here.

these are pictures of the stretch near padubidri, arguably one of the worst roads last year
Attached Thumbnails
The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi-13444_10150183722180234_897900233_12890411_4261635_n.jpg  

The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi-13444_10150183721880234_897900233_12890405_983702_n.jpg  

Old 14th June 2010, 10:11   #2212
BHPian

Any updates on Monsoon in Mangalore/Udupi region? I hope it has started in full swing as we can see the dark clouds mounting in Bangalore as well.
Old 14th June 2010, 10:38   #2213
Senior - BHPian

Last 3 days its been too heavy, takes a short break and gets back with all the force....yesterday it was windy too...

Now it has calmed a bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Any updates on Monsoon in Mangalore/Udupi region? I hope it has started in full swing as we can see the dark clouds mounting in Bangalore as well.
Old 14th June 2010, 11:12   #2214
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
NH 17 is no longer national horror 17. lets hope it stays this way now that rains are here.
Give it a month or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Yup, it rained whole day on Saturday in some areas along NH-17. I drove 3 hours in rain on my way to Bangalore that day. It was raining on and off in Coorg too.
Old 14th June 2010, 12:36   #2215
BHPian

Yeah samurai, i just returned to udupi from mangalore. the stretch between mulki to mangalore has started giving way with few tiny defects on the tarmac. hope the padubidri to mulki stretch stays intact.
Old 14th June 2010, 13:15   #2216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
The NICE road crosses Magadi road approx 15 kms from Majestic, and from that intersection Magadi is approximately 35 kms away. If you're near the NICE road / Kanakapura road intersection, taking the NICE road should save you at least 10 to 12 kms in terms of distance and about 30 minutes to an hour+ in terms of time (depending on the time of the day) compared to going via Majestic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
Take the NICE Road and u can take a left turn and join Magadi Road near Gollarahatti. From there enjoy a smooth ride upto Kunigal.

Have a nice trip buddy.
Thanks a lot both. I took the NICE road and it was a breeze compared to going thru Majestic which I had taken 2 weeks back.
Had a very good drive from Bangalore - Kukke and from Kukke - Udupi it was rain all the way to Udupi & back.
While going took the Shiradi route and while coming back took the Charmadi route. Tied up at office but a slew of travelogues coming up shortly.
Old 15th June 2010, 13:13   #2217
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot both. I took the NICE road and it was a breeze compared to going thru Majestic which I had taken 2 weeks back.
Had a very good drive from Bangalore - Kukke and from Kukke - Udupi it was rain all the way to Udupi & back.
While going took the Shiradi route and while coming back took the Charmadi route. Tied up at office but a slew of travelogues coming up shortly.
Anytime !! Nice to hear that you had a good trip. Waiting for the travelogue !!!
Old 15th June 2010, 13:46   #2218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post

these are pictures of the stretch near padubidri, arguably one of the worst roads last year

I will be getting the zen with all new suspension and tires in this week.I will be able to give updates on the NH48 and the NH17 by this month end.

BTW ..the NH17 looks awesome .Time for a Bangalore-Mangalore-Panaji-Panvel drive.
Old 15th June 2010, 14:57   #2219
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Weather in Kemmangundi should be cool and rains must have started (not sure though). It is around 100kms from Hassan with around 70 kms of good roads. You should be able to visit in a day. You can also visit Baba Budangiri and Mullianagiri on the way.

Route from Bangalore

Bangalore-Magadi-Kunigal-Channarayapatna-Hassan

Hassan-Belur-Chikmagalur-Kaimara (take left here)-Mullianagiri-Bababudangiri-Kemmangundi. Rough roads start from Kaimara.

Kemmangundi-Kalhattigiri falls-Lingadahalli-Santaveri-Chikmagalur. You can take this road for the return journey. It is faster and the road from Lingadahalli to Chikmagalur is very good.
How is the road from chikmagalur->Mullaiyangiri->bababudangiri->kemmangundi? If we reach ckm by 11am will we be able to complete above abd be back in ckm by 7pm?

Also need some info on hotels for a night(sat) in ckm, called up vasanth vihar but its full and Planters court seems to be not having enough rooms.

Thanks.
Old 15th June 2010, 15:34   #2220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I drove 3 hours in rain on my way to Bangalore that day. It was raining on and off in Coorg too.
Samurai, I saw your Vitara near Hiriadka at 10:15 AM on Saturday. I was on my way to Udupi from Bangalore.

I took the Shiradi ghat road. The roads are still good. It was raining in the ghats. Last few days I guess for pothole free driving

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks