Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2010, 12:41   #2491
Senior - BHPian

, am contemplating on picking truck and modding it hahaha

one pot hole to another is the way one has to get used to drive in this part of the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
This weekend I will be travelling back to Manipal with my parents. I think I'll take the Madikeri route where only the Sampaje stretch is little bad. I want to spare them the horrors of Kunigal stretch or the Shiradi or the CKM-Someshwara.

Despite driving a SUV, the drive is nerve wrecking because of the even distribution of potholes. While doing good speed, one suddenly encounters potholes and end up driving on it faster than intended. After 20-30 such occurrences, it can become very frustrating.
Old 14th September 2010, 12:42   #2492
Senior - BHPian

Has the Shiradi Ghat road degradation (this years damage !) happened due to overloaded ore laden trucks, or was it due to the shoddy jobs by the road laying contractors, I wonder ?

Last edited by mooza : 14th September 2010 at 12:46.
Old 14th September 2010, 12:51   #2493
Senior - BHPian

mooza, shoddy work has become a trend and i guess every year it happens only that since the ore trucks are gone the roads have survived little longer and it is not that horrific yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Has the Shiradi Ghat road degradation (this years damage !) happened due to overloaded ore laden trucks, or was it due to the shoddy jobs by the road laying contractors, I wonder ?
Old 14th September 2010, 13:28   #2494
BHPian

so, what would be the suggested route to dharmasthla this monsoon season?
Old 14th September 2010, 16:57   #2495
BHPian

Can anyone suggest conditions of the alternate routes to Hassan from Bangalore?

If i take this route via Tumkur-Tiptur-Arsikere-Hassan, then there is the question mark on the condition of road from Arsikere to Hassan. Anybody who has driven on this stretch very recently ??

Can we take this route :

BLR-Magadi-Nagamangala-Bellur cross-Hassan.

Can anyone throw some light on the condition of the road between Magadi-Nagamangala-Bellur cross sections ?

Info on any other routes also would be gratefully accepted. The main intention is to avoid the pathetic stretch of road between Kunigal and Bellur cross.

Awaiting the valuable inputs of regulars who are driving in this sector.

Last edited by Rajesh K R : 14th September 2010 at 17:06.
Old 14th September 2010, 18:18   #2496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post

If i take this route via Tumkur-Tiptur-Arsikere-Hassan, then there is the question mark on the condition of road from Arsikere to Hassan. Anybody who has driven on this stretch very recently ??

Can we take this route :

Can anyone throw some light on the condition of the road between Magadi-Nagamangala-Bellur cross sections ?

Info on any other routes also would be gratefully accepted. The main intention is to avoid the pathetic stretch of road between Kunigal and Bellur cross.

Don't ever try the Arsikere-Hassan stretch. The road is in OK condition for the first 25 kms and the last 15 kms stretch is horrible.

I haven't been on the Nagamangala route, but have been thinking of trying that route for the past 2 years and still have not tried it
Old 14th September 2010, 21:58   #2497
Senior - BHPian

2 weeks back I travelled Bangalore-Hassan-Sakaleshpur- Swastha home stay - Bisle ghat - Kukke Subramanya-Shiradi ghat- back to home stay-Shettihalli sub merged church-hassan-bangalore. Total 630km wonderful trip. Although Safari swollen all potholes gave us 5star comfort but I am disappointed about road condition almost everywhere. Half of our journey had bad or rough roads. Still managed to get 9kmpl!! Credit goes to my driver utilizing this beautiful machine. We used heater/ac in many places. Around Sakaleshpur-Kukke Subramanya it rained pleasantly.

There is bad stretch for every 5 km.

Actually they should repair entire nh48 very soon else public should eliminate them from their chair. 4 lane work is worst one I cant see any progress!! Shame on concerned authorities.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 15th September 2010, 09:22   #2498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
2 weeks back I travelled Bangalore-Hassan-Sakaleshpur- Swastha home stay - Bisle ghat - Kukke Subramanya-Shiradi ghat- back to home stay-Shettihalli sub merged church-hassan-bangalore. Total 630km wonderful trip. Although Safari swollen all potholes gave us 5star comfort but I am disappointed about road condition almost everywhere. Half of our journey had bad or rough roads. Still managed to get 9kmpl!! Credit goes to my driver utilizing this beautiful machine. We used heater/ac in many places. Around Sakaleshpur-Kukke Subramanya it rained pleasantly.

There is bad stretch for every 5 km.

Actually they should repair entire nh48 very soon else public should eliminate them from their chair. 4 lane work is worst one I cant see any progress!! Shame on concerned authorities.

Regards,

Ravi.
So, you finally did it. What route did you take to the Shettihalli Church?

Last edited by addyhemmige : 15th September 2010 at 09:24.
Old 15th September 2010, 10:50   #2499
BHPian

Quote:

Can we take this route :

Maybe our HVK sir can throw some light on the above route / road condition query ??
Old 15th September 2010, 11:06   #2500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Don't ever try the Arsikere-Hassan stretch. The road is in OK condition for the first 25 kms and the last 15 kms stretch is horrible.

I haven't been on the Nagamangala route, but have been thinking of trying that route for the past 2 years and still have not tried it
Thanks for the update Addy. I may have no choice but to drive on the same back-breaking NH 48
Old 15th September 2010, 12:36   #2501
Senior - BHPian

Rajesh, i believe the road which connects from Srirangapatana to Hassana is supposed to be in a good shape.about a month back my brother had taken this route and was happy with the condition. though you might want to check on it.
Old 15th September 2010, 12:53   #2502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Rajesh, i believe the road which connects from Srirangapatana to Hassana is supposed to be in a good shape.about a month back my brother had taken this route and was happy with the condition. though you might want to check on it.
Bangalore-Srirangapatna-Hassan could be an alternate road. This goes via Pandavapura-K R Pet and joins NH48 at Channarayapatna. But, distancewise, it will be around 50 kms more.
Old 15th September 2010, 12:54   #2503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Yes lohith, i have this route in my radar, but this will mean an additional distance & time. Need to check what will be the distance between BLR-HSN thro' the above route.

Last edited by Rajesh K R : 15th September 2010 at 12:57.
Old 15th September 2010, 12:59   #2504
Team-BHP Support

How is Charmadi ghat these days? Thinking of doing hassan-belur-mudigere-charmady-Ujire in the next trip.
Old 15th September 2010, 13:47   #2505
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Can we take this route :

I did BLR-NICE-MAgadi-Kunigal-Hassan (The regular route) over last weekend and it was decent overall. Rough patches around Magadi and some potholes around Kunigal.

Most Viewed