Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2016, 14:14   #6751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Hi

Do you know good places to stay in Udupi? I may travel soon from Bangalore.

Regards,

Rajiv

Hotel Swadesh Heritage is a good option too. AC rooms may be around Rs.2500 and it is close to Hotel Woodlands and Krishna Mutt.
Old 16th June 2016, 16:07   #6752
Senior - BHPian

Or Madhuvan in Manipal. Close to the bus stand and never too far from Udupi.
Old 16th June 2016, 18:18   #6753
Senior - BHPian

Re: The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi

Thanks everybody. I found Sri Krishna Residency closest to the temple. Any specific suggestions about this hotel?
Old 16th June 2016, 20:33   #6754
BHPian

Quote:
Hi
Do you know good places to stay in Udupi? I may travel soon from Bangalore.
Regards,
Rajiv
If you prefer to stay right on the beach adjoining the main city(temple area), you can try Paradise isle beach resort on booking.com or agoda.com, they fluctuate the rate based on sale and one can even grab a room at 2500/- at this Resort via booking.com/agoda. Resort is fine with excellent location.
Old 19th June 2016, 13:11   #6755
BHPian

Last weekend I drove to Udupi from Bangalore. Roads were good. Nothing to complaint about.

On the way back, we stopped at Kamath near Hassan. Food and service was good. Ambience was okay. Unfortunately, rest rooms were dirty. This was a big letdown. Though I liked their food, Kamath is off my list now.

Before starting for Udupi, I went to Mandovi Motors, Shivaji Nagar to get my wiper blades replaced. I met Gokul, AM Works. Once he came to know that I am going on a long drive, he got the car checked and cleaned. He recommended upgrading headlight bulbs. It was a good suggestion. On the way back, we were late and I had to drive through Shiradi ghat in night. It was raining. Better headlights were a great help.
Old 19th June 2016, 14:55   #6756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond128 View Post
Before starting for Udupi, I went to Mandovi Motors, Shivaji Nagar to get my wiper blades replaced. I met Gokul, AM Works. ... He recommended upgrading headlight bulbs. It was a good suggestion. On the way back, we were late and I had to drive through Shiradi ghat in night. It was raining. Better headlights were a great help.
What headlights did you install?

Thanks! Anand
Old 20th June 2016, 22:29   #6757
BHPian

I'm planning to ride till Hassan and back to Bengaluru on my RC 390 sometime soon. The RC's tank is good for ~200-220 km before it hits reserve. Any recommendations on good fuel stations along this route, preferably between Yediyur and Shanti Grama?

I did some search but couldn't find any answer due to the obvious reason
TIA.
Old 20th June 2016, 23:08   #6758
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks everybody. I found Sri Krishna Residency closest to the temple. Any specific suggestions about this hotel?
Don't know if the reply is too late - this hotel is pretty decent, 5 mins walk from Krishna temple. You might want to check on the parking prior hand since this part of the town is full of single lane narrow roads. It has a restaurant of its own, but you are not too far away from any of the more-famous restaurants in Udupi such as Woodlands, Kidiyoor, Diana, etc.
Weather also should be very nice considering the rains in the last few days.
Old 20th June 2016, 23:12   #6759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its now managed by a mumbai based chain of hotels. It is the closest to the temple - 5 minutes walk. But parking might be an issue. Ask about it before booking.
Old 21st June 2016, 11:15   #6760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
I'm planning to ride till Hassan and back to Bengaluru on my RC 390 sometime soon. The RC's tank is good for ~200-220 km before it hits reserve. Any recommendations on good fuel stations along this route, preferably between Yediyur and Shanti Grama?

I did some search but couldn't find any answer due to the obvious reason
TIA.
Try Indian Oil bunk at Udayapura - at Cafe Coffee day, Opp Athithi & A2B.
This is a COCO fuel station, No worries.
sushrutha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 20:15   #6761
BHPian

Had been to Karkala to attend a function yesterday.

Route taken onward and return : Bangalore - Shiradi - Dharmasthala - Ujire - Guruvayanakere - Bajagoli - Karkala. Onward : Bangalore 3am, Karkala 9.15 am. Return : Karkala 2 pm, Bangalore 9pm.

Tarmac is fast deteriorating between Chowdeshwari temple and Gundya. Numerous potholes have sprung up. Potholes around Kokkada also. Rest is good.

On a sunday evening, Bangalore bound procession of cars was expected. Shiradi had its usual share of waterfall bathers . After Hassan, each toll took 5 to 10 minutes and Nelamangala junction 15 minutes at 9 pm.

Foodies, not sure about the exact location, Upsouth Restaurant is coming up between Bellur cross and Hirisave ( on the left, driving towards Hassan ). Or was it after Hirisave.. not sure. Please correct.
Old 27th June 2016, 20:36   #6762
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamingrao View Post
Foodies, not sure about the exact location, Upsouth Restaurant is coming up between Bellur cross and Hirisave ( on the left, driving towards Hassan ). Or was it after Hirisave.. not sure. Please correct.
Between Bellur Cross and Hirisave. So that's before Hirisave for sure.

Have been watching this since past 3 months. There's Polar Bear too. But then, in between there was lull and I thought its not happening.
Old 27th June 2016, 23:53   #6763
BHPian

Hey all, will be travelling to udupi this Wednesday and will be returning on Sunday evening, the traffic pileup on nelamangala junction was very bad last time, any other route suggestions?
Old 28th June 2016, 06:56   #6764
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
Hey all, will be travelling to udupi this Wednesday and will be returning on Sunday evening, the traffic pileup on nelamangala junction was very bad last time, any other route suggestions?
Where in Bangalore are you heading to ?
One option is to take the turn off towards Magadi near Kunigal and avoid Nelamangala.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 09:31   #6765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
Sunday evening, the traffic pileup on nelamangala junction was very bad last time, any other route suggestions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Where in Bangalore are you heading to ?
One option is to take the turn off towards Magadi near Kunigal and avoid Nelamangala.
If you are traveling to South Bangalore its an good option. I took this option in first week of June on Monday found return was dogged by lots of company cabs and heavy local traffic near Thavarekere! You can maintain 60 kmph speed.
RaguHolla is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed