Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2016, 01:15   #6991
BHPian

Re: The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi

Hello Folks,

Just back from a drive to mangalore. Details below:
Onward: 25.11.2016
Route: Bangalore (2:45 PM) -> Sakleshpur (6:30 PM) -> Mangalore (9:15 PM)
As the route has been explained in detail by Paragbhai, I dont think any further input is needed

Return: 29.11.2016
Route: Mangalore (2:00 PM) -> Kushalnagar -> Arkalagud -> CR Patna (7:00 PM) -> Bangalore (9:30 PM)
I thought of driving this route first time as I was traveling solo and did not mind the extra time/distance.
Mangalore to Kushalnagar: Awesome roads with mild traffic
Kushalnagar to Aralkagud: I took the Konanur - Ramnathapura - Arkalgud stretch as suggested by google maps. Please note that this section of road is being newly laid and so 18 kms would take about 45 mins easily. Please avoid this if you plan to take this route to Bangalore.
Arkalgud to CR Patna: Good road with mild traffic but quite a few humps
CR Patna to Bangalore: As good as ever

Cheers
rahulb22
Old 30th November 2016, 03:46   #6992
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Shiradi will remain open atleast until the 1st week of Dec and maybe a bit more. Lots of speculation but no concrete closure date.
I plan to take the same Shiradi route this week.
Old 2nd December 2016, 12:54   #6993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulb22 View Post
Please note that this section of road is being newly laid and so 18 kms would take about 45 mins easily. Please avoid this if you plan to take this route to Bangalore.
rahulb22
Thanks for the update.I intend to take this route by end of December, Is work in progress or road is just dug up not laid ? Please advise.
Old 2nd December 2016, 18:59   #6994
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I intend to take this route by end of December
Depending on where you are heading to, there may be other options as well. For example Kushalnagar-Bangalore can be done via Hunsur-Mysore too.

Last edited by NPV : 2nd December 2016 at 19:01.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 19:55   #6995
BHPian

Mudigere-Hanasoge-Mysore

Hi,

I could not find a more appropriate thread. Since Mudigere is referenced in this thread quite often I thought I might get help here.

I'd undertaking a trip to Mudigere from Bangalore. On the return, I need to visit Mysore via a small town/village called Hanasoge. Google maps is showing the following:
Mudigere-Sakaleshapura-Shanivarasanthe-Hanasoge-KRNagara-Mysore.

How good are the roads? Even information on parts of it would also be of great help.

In case if I ditch Hanasoge and return to Mysore, should I come via CR Patna or via Holenarasipura?

Thanks,

Prasad
Old 2nd December 2016, 22:19   #6996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Depending on where you are heading to, there may be other options as well. For example Kushalnagar-Bangalore can be done via Hunsur-Mysore too.
Thanks NPV, yeah I am aware but my need is to avoid Shiradi (destination : Puttur)
Old 3rd December 2016, 08:07   #6997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
I plan to take the same Shiradi route this week.
I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Shiradi section has been patched up quite well.
The "bad" stretches is only about 20% of what it was during October this year and its quite manageable (will not scrape the bottom) if careful. Work to patch this up is going on. I had taken this route expecting the worst of conditions and was pleasantly surprised.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th December 2016 at 13:23. Reason: As requested.
for_cars1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2016, 11:52   #6998
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mudigere-Hanasoge-Mysore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasad14 View Post
Google maps is showing the following:
Mudigere-Sakaleshapura-Shanivarasanthe-Hanasoge-KRNagara-Mysore.
Mudigere-Sakleshpura (joins the Bangalore-Mangalore highway NH 75 at Anemahal junction) is good. Here you need to turn right and in about 1-2Km you will see Manjarabad Fort entry and shops. Now you will see the left fork to the road towards Kodlipet (NH 75 curves to right side). I'm not sure how good roads are from here towards Shanivarasanthe and your destination Hanasoge.

KR Nagara - Mysore is a standard route which I remember reading is in quite decent condition.

Quote:
In case if I ditch Hanasoge and return to Mysore, should I come via CR Patna or via Holenarasipura?
If you plan to skip Hanasoge, you need not go via Sakleshpura - you can take the Belur-Hassan Road and then at Hassan you can turn off towards Holenarasipura (SH 57 is in good condition) and then take KR Nagara-Mysore.
So, no need to go all the way till CR Patna if going to Mysore.

Last edited by NPV : 3rd December 2016 at 11:55.
Old 3rd December 2016, 14:09   #6999
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If you plan to skip Hanasoge, you need not go via Sakleshpura - you can take the Belur-Hassan Road and then at Hassan you can turn off towards Holenarasipura (SH 57 is in good condition) and then take KR Nagara-Mysore.
So, no need to go all the way till CR Patna if going to Mysore.
Correction- There's no Belur Hassan Road here.

You rather continue on Hassan Bypass on NH75 and at the first intersection turn left for Holenarasipura.

Hassan-Belur road has no relation to this turn off actually and is way off.

EDIT-
Just realised the OP is referring for Mudigere Hanasoge and I was under the impression that someone is driving from Bangalore.

Additionally the route via Sakleshpur Magalu Kodilepete remains in excellent condition too and you can take that for some awesome scenic route.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd December 2016 at 14:56.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2016, 16:39   #7000
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Correction- There's no Belur Hassan Road here.
EDIT-
Just realised the OP is referring for Mudigere Hanasoge and I was under the impression that someone is driving from Bangalore.
OP is traveling to Mysore from Mudigere either via Hanasoge in which case he can go via Sakleshpura, Kodlipet or if not visiting Hanasoge then he can do Mudigere-Belur-Hassan bypass-Holenarasipura and that's what I had mentioned, hope this will work ?

Maybe there are other alternatives too that I'm not aware of
Old 3rd December 2016, 17:06   #7001
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
OP is traveling to Mysore from Mudigere either via Hanasoge in which case he can go via Sakleshpura, Kodlipet or if not visiting Hanasoge then he can do Mudigere-Belur-Hassan bypass-Holenarasipura and that's what I had mentioned, hope this will work ?
Exactly what I realised after 30 minutes of posting and hence added a response and reported that Tonge merged.

So yes, your suggestion via HN Pura works the road will be pretty "straight and straightforward" both.

However the one via Kodlipet is also in good condition and super scenic too but it will have lot of turn offs to be very focused on maps, expecially after Sakleshpur.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2016, 19:12   #7002
BHPian

Hi Folks, I need to travel to Hiriyadaka near Udupi. There seems to be multiple options, and I came to know that Agumbe option is ruled out (which would have been my default choice). I want to take the safe root as we will be travelling with a baby and elders. I plan to start from BLR at 3 pm.

Which would be the best route to take? What would be the likely time I reach this destination?
Old 3rd December 2016, 20:21   #7003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshastry View Post
Which would be the best route to take? What would be the likely time I reach this destination?
If you take shiradi(look for the post by 'for_cars' on condition) you can reach by around 10PM.

Routing should be Hassan - Sakleshpur - Shiradi - Ujire - Guruvayanakere - Naravi - Karkala - Hiriadka.
Old 3rd December 2016, 20:36   #7004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
If you take shiradi(look for the post by 'for_cars' on condition) you can reach by around 10PM.

Routing should be Hassan - Sakleshpur - Shiradi - Ujire - Guruvayanakere - Naravi - Karkala - Hiriadka.
Thanks for the quick reply.

I am concerned with 15 KMs of bad strech on Shiradi which many people have mentioned. My car has very low GC. Don't want to end up with a flat tyre.

Would a Sakleshpur-Hanbal-Charmadi-Ujire-Naravi would be a good bet? I may cross this stretch in dark (if that is a concern)
Old 3rd December 2016, 21:57   #7005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshastry View Post
Would a Sakleshpur-Hanbal-Charmadi-Ujire-Naravi would be a good bet? I may cross this stretch in dark (if that is a concern)
Yep! i.e the concern, when you have your family in the car. If you can manage to leave an hour earlier, you can pass the ghat section before it gets dark.

I have done charmady, couple of weeks earlier and the roads are good all along.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks