Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2020, 17:57   #8536
BHPian

Re: The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi

Folks. I am planning to travel Udupi - Bangalore tomorrow morning (15th) Driving in Ertiga diesel, only two adults.. Any advice?

TIA
Old 14th November 2020, 18:56   #8537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Folks. I am planning to travel Udupi - Bangalore tomorrow morning (15th) Driving in Ertiga diesel, only two adults.. Any advice?

TIA
If possible, try to do it via Charmadi. A Bhpian who went to Mangaluru today in a Vento reported very bad roads between Hassan to BC road except for the concrete stretch.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 14:20   #8538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
....and we Bangaloreans think Hassan-Bangalore highway is one of the more peaceful NH in/out of Bangalore
On a lighter note, next time you should try Mysore-Mandya-Bangalore on a Sunday evening. That will teach you a new meaning for "Fast and the Furious"
I guess going forward there won't be any "peaceful" highway to drive from Bengaluru. I feel at least 30% of the current two wheeler users will switch to a four wheeler soon as cars are more affordable now than ever before. So expect thicker traffic year by year on the highways that connect the city of Bengaluru. Thicker traffic means more unhappy drivers that means more indiscipline on the road that means no peace. I hope government will do something about this soon like improvising the roads and infra. Sorry for being quite .
Old 16th November 2020, 14:52   #8539
Distinguished - BHPian

Our family drove from Bengaluru to my native place on 14th. We were in 2 cars - I was driving an SUV and my BIL was driving a City. While I took the Hasana-Sakaleshapura road whil my BIL came via Beluru. Must say the road after Hasana till Sakaleshapura is in a way better condition than it was a month ago. Many areas have been patched up. Of course have to drive slowly but it is manageable. Hatchbacks/SUVs will have no real problems. Even Sedans can drive (albeit a little slowly). Bengaluru city roads are in a worse condition than this honestly.

One other advantage on the Beluru route is that the newly opened Shell fuel station between Gonibeedu and Jannapura is operational now
Old 16th November 2020, 22:19   #8540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanan.skr View Post
Planning for a group ride in January towards Western Karnataka. We have Kukke, Dharmastala, Sringeri, Agumbe, Udipi in the mind...
Better to do Bangalore-Kukke-Dharmasthala-Udupi-Agume-Sringeri-Bangalore..
aithalsandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 15:07   #8541
BHPian

Has anyone travelled to Bisile ghat recently? How is the road condition?
Old 18th November 2020, 08:55   #8542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Has anyone travelled to Bisile ghat recently? How is the road condition?
The road conditions are great except for couple of unpaved sections of 2 km each but easily manageable even by low GC cars.
guyfrmblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 13:59   #8543
BHPian

My friend was asking me for different options to drive to Mangaluru. So, I had to mention all the available options including Bisile. And now, she shows more interest to drive through Bisile ghat than any other route. "I wanna try this route once, because I have never tried this before" she says. What do you guys think? Is this route safe and woman friendly? I am sure she will drive during the day and her parents will be with her. She is driving POLO.

Last edited by The_Road_Rover : 18th November 2020 at 14:12. Reason: I had missed a point.
Old 18th November 2020, 14:15   #8544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Road_Rover View Post
My friend was asking me for different options to drive to Mangaluru. So, I had to mention all the available options including Bisile. And now, she shows more interest to drive through Bisile ghat than any other route. "I wanna try this route once, because I have never tried this before" she says. What do you guys think? Is this route safe and woman friendly? I am sure she will drive during the day and her parents will be with her. She is driving POLO diesel.
Last Wednesday some in my riding circles had reported an attempted robbery in broad daylight in Bisle ghat few kms before Bisle view point, they were on 3 bikes en route to Bangalore after a visit to Kukke. I am trying to get more details from my folks. Having said that Bisle route is kind of a deserted one than compared to Shiradi, so given the current circumstances, it may not be a surprise to hear such things.
DragonHawk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 21:11   #8545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
Last Wednesday some in my riding circles had reported an attempted robbery in broad daylight in Bisle ghat few kms before Bisle view point, they were on 3 bikes en route to Bangalore after a visit to Kukke. I am trying to get more details from my folks. Having said that Bisle route is kind of a deserted one than compared to Shiradi, so given the current circumstances, it may not be a surprise to hear such things.
Oh! That's worrisome. It's a real trouble as the roads are narrow and unpaved in some places in the jungle so there is no easy escape once we run into these robbers. I was also thinking that vehicle breakdown in Bisile is a nightmare. Thanks DragonHawk for cautioning me, I'll advice my friend to avoid this route. Perhaps she can explore this route when she has crowd around. And I hope your folks reached home safely.
Old 19th November 2020, 07:30   #8546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aithalsandy View Post
Better to do Bangalore-Kukke-Dharmasthala-Udupi-Agume-Sringeri-Bangalore..
Thanks @aithalsandy

From what I learned from the earlier discussions in this thread, the best way to reach Kukke in terms of better road condition is
Bangalore - Srirangapatna - Madikeri - Sampaje - Kukke.

Please confirm.
Old 19th November 2020, 08:52   #8547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks @aithalsandy

From what I learned from the earlier discussions in this thread, the best way to reach Kukke in terms of better road condition is

Please confirm.
Based on recommendations here , I did the Kukke - Bisle - Shanivarsanthe - Arkalgud - Holenarsipur - CRPatna - Nelamangala. This was about 3 weeks back.

Barring one or two Km of not so bad stretch , the rest of the state roads are just super good.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 14:48   #8548
BHPian

Quote:

Please confirm.
If not Shiradi, Bisle seems to be the popular one. Sampaje would add more KMs. But pls see recent posts for road conditions as I have not done them recently.

Stay options are available at all the places you are visiting.

For avoidance of doubts, no stay options at Bisle, Sampaje and Agumbe.
aithalsandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 01:06   #8549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
I will be travelling to a resort near Sakleshpur next weekend. I am expecting there to be more traffic than usual on the Mangalore highway, being a Saturday.

P.S. Having driven a lot of times on the Hassan highway, I wanted to try out this set of SHs because I came across these roads on a few threads and they look really inviting.
In addition to my earlier post, also wanted to know about the condition of the road from Sakleshpur to Mudigere via Hanbal, if anyone has travelled on this stretch. Forgot to ask this earlier. The resort is located close to Hanbal.

It is marked as SH27 on GMaps, so I am assuming it would be in decent condition. Still, if anyone knows for certain, that would be better. Otherwise, I will have to go via Hassan-Belur-Mudigere instead.
Old 20th November 2020, 05:22   #8550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
In addition to my earlier post, also wanted to know about the condition of the road from Sakleshpur to Mudigere via Hanbal, if anyone has travelled on this stretch. Forgot to ask this earlier. The resort is located close to Hanbal.

It is marked as SH27 on GMaps, so I am assuming it would be in decent condition. Still, if anyone knows for certain, that would be better. Otherwise, I will have to go via Hassan-Belur-Mudigere instead.
Sakleshpur to Hanbal via Anemahal is good. If you want super clean roads end to end, do this via Belur Jannapura and it is going to take same time considered the progress you would make by taking Hassan Sakleshpur road.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks