Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:26   #16
BHPian

March 23rd.

Mates I am planning to do the much awaited trip to HYD starting from 23rd. march with Wife and 2 kids ( 7 & 5 ). I plan to visit Ocean park, Treasure island, Golconda fort, Birla mandir, Planetarium, Zoo, Snow park, & Mt. Opera. 4 to 5 days, The last 2 days will be in Ramoji.
Can the HYD Nawab's advise me how to chart out the places by time of visit, More suggestions will be highly apprreciated.
Mode of transport : Wagon R.
Thanks in advance & Cheers.
Old 15th February 2012, 23:23   #17
BHPian

Re: Need help regarding Hyderabad sight seeing...

Hello Friends,

I am reaching Hyderabad from Bangalore on Friday night (around 10.30 PM). Have two options to stay (@ friend's place either in Begumpeth Brahmanpura or somewhere in Secundarabad).

Need your inputs :-

1) Which is the best / quickest place to reach from the above (after I cross Hyderabad airport) and what will be the route?
2) On Saturday, I am planning to visit Golkonda fort (Sound & light show), Birla temple and Charminar (for shopping).
- So, how can I plan / route (what to cover 1st etc)
- Whether to hire auto / taxi or I can drive easily to all places
3) Any other suggestions & route to return to Bangalore if I start early on Sunday morning.

Last edited by neo45007 : 15th February 2012 at 23:24.
Old 15th February 2012, 23:39   #18
Team-BHP Support

my answers are inline in bold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45007 View Post
Hello Friends,

I am reaching Hyderabad from Bangalore on Friday night (around 10.30 PM). Have two options to stay (@ friend's place either in Begumpeth Brahmanpura or somewhere in Secundarabad).

Need your inputs :-

1) Which is the best / quickest place to reach from the above (after I cross Hyderabad airport) and what will be the route?
After you cross the airport, you will come to the PVNR. This is a long flyover (11 kms or so) and it will land you in a place called Mehdipatnam.
Continue on the main road, it will take a natural left turn, till you reach another flyover.
Don't climb this flyover.
Under it is a traffic signal.
Take the left turn. This is Banjara Hills Road Number 1.
Continue straight till you come to a Y junction.
Keep right.
You will climb a flyover. Under the flyover is Panjagutta.
Continue on the main road. You will approach another flyover.
This flyover spans across both ends Begumpet.
Once you cross this flyover, you are in the Begumpet Brahamwadi area.

http://g.co/maps/43rtf

2) On Saturday, I am planning to visit Golkonda fort (Sound & light show), Birla temple and Charminar (for shopping).
- So, how can I plan / route (what to cover 1st etc)
- Whether to hire auto / taxi or I can drive easily to all places

Golkonda is known for its lights show. Its in the evening.
Charminar shops usually open around noon.

3) Any other suggestions & route to return to Bangalore if I start early on Sunday morning.
The same route in reverse.

Last edited by bblost : 15th February 2012 at 23:47.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 00:51   #19
BHPian

Excellent. Thanks ! That was very quick.
Can you also suggest a route in case I have to go to Secundarabad instead of Begumpeth.
Old 16th February 2012, 02:16   #20
BHPian

neo - Secunderabad is a large area. You may need to tell us which hotel/ landmark you mean.

But if you mean you want to reach close to Secunderabad railway station, continue straaaight from the Begumpet flyover (where bblost's directions end) for another 2-3 kms, hitting 2 flyovers on the way, till you hit a Y junction with a traffic circle (and you will see St. James' Church right in front), take the right and continue straight post one red light ... you will be practically at Sec'bad railway station.

As for your route query, go to Birla temple and Hussainsagar lake (nearby) first ... then head to Charminar in the afternoon and to Golkonda by 4 or 5-ish. Climb up the fort and stay back for the sound and light show that starts about 630 pm or so. Its nice (with Mr. Bachchan's voice) but a little long at nearly 45 mins or so. Make sure you carry a mosquito repellant cream for the show. You can drive to all the places ... but for Charminar suggest you park a km or two away unless you're heading there on a Sunday, in which case you can park at the Parking area of the hospital that is right next to Charminar !

Last edited by RoadTiger : 16th February 2012 at 02:28.
RoadTiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 16:38   #21
BHPian

Dear Moderators, I incorrectly posted this query here. Request you to kindly delete it. I have posted this in the Mumbai - Hyderabad Route Queries thread.

Thanks and sincere apologies.

Last edited by krackr : 24th December 2022 at 16:43. Reason: Wrong thread used

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks