Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2010, 12:12   #1
BHPian

Help me reach Panjim by ferry

Folks, I need help with ferry routes in Goa.
I have planned a 8 days vacation as follows ....

Day 1: Pune - Kolhapur - Sankeshwar - Gandhiglaj - Ajra - Amboli (night halt)
Day 2: Amboli - Sawantwadi - Kudal – Malvan – Tarkarli (2 nights halt)
Day 4: Tarkarli - Vengurla (2 nights halt)
Day 6: Vengurla - Shiroda - Redi - Terekhol Fort >> Ferry to Goa / Panjim (night halt)

I have a social commitment near Miramar beach. Kindly tell me where the ferry would drop me? (from Terekhol Fort as the starting point)
The ferry ride is important because kids would love it and would prefer a decent / tourist-friendy ferry ride.
-------------------------------------
regards
Chewbacca
Old 1st November 2010, 13:51   #2
BHPian

Please see the attached snap shot. the ferry ride is just 10 minutes, there are no other ferry routes. After drop off you can either head for Mapusa and join NH17 or head for Baga / Calgute and then to Panjim. Hope this is of help.
Attached Thumbnails
Help me reach Panjim by ferry-ferry.jpg  

Last edited by SAHIR.KITTUR : 1st November 2010 at 13:52. Reason: easy route
Old 1st November 2010, 14:41   #3
BHPian

Thank you Sahir. I noticed you are from Belgaum and my return journey is via Belgaum, happens to be my in-laws place.

After the ferry, I would be heading to Miramar Panaji (visit to a relative) and then straight to Belgaum, if possible without the night halt at Panjim / Goa.

I wanted to know the best possible route in terms of road condition, especially now after the monsoon. My car is a Lancer and I have plenty of time (won't mind travelling by a longer route)
Old 1st November 2010, 16:38   #4
BHPian

The best route to Belgaum from Goa would be via sawantwadi-Amboli. Dont even think of any of the other ghats.
Old 2nd November 2010, 09:42   #5
BHPian

Chew, You can either take the Ponda-molem-ramnagar-khanapur-Bgm or the Sawantwadi-amboli-Bgm route.
Old 1st November 2016, 07:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

Ferry crossing between Vengurla and North Goa

What is the current state of the above? Does one still get to enjoy the car/bus ferry ride on the road from Vengurla to North Goa/Candolim?

If yes, what is the road to be taken after leaving Vengurla and heading south along the coast? And are the ferries a regular service irrespective of the load or does it wait to get enough to carry across?
Old 2nd November 2016, 10:06   #7
BHPian

Re: Ferry crossing between Vengurla and North Goa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
What is the current state of the above? Does one still get to enjoy the car/bus ferry ride on the road from Vengurla to North Goa/Candolim?

If yes, what is the road to be taken after leaving Vengurla and heading south along the coast? And are the ferries a regular service irrespective of the load or does it wait to get enough to carry across?
Terekhol ferry is still active to my knowledge. You need to take road to Redi. Just before you enter Redi town you have left turn to go to Terekhol (Tiracol) the road ends at ferry wharf. Usually they wait to get full but wait should not be more than 8-10 minutes.
CANPUSH is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks