Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2013, 18:48   #226
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 4-Laning Work starts in Avinashi-Coimbatore stretch of NH47

An NHAI consultant entrusted with overseeing the quality of work on the Chengapalli-Walayar section of NH47 road widening was found dead under mysterious circumstances, seems like foul play to get rid of a honest official Source:New Indian Express - Link
Old 9th February 2014, 18:09   #227
Senior - BHPian

Do we have an update on the Avinashi - Coimbatore stretch now? Is the lane widening work fully over or still going on? One of the worst stretches I've seen in this state.
Old 9th February 2014, 19:03   #228
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Do we have an update on the Avinashi - Coimbatore stretch now? Is the lane widening work fully over or still going on? One of the worst stretches I've seen in this state.
From the updates in the other "All Roads to Kerala" thread, 4 laning work is complete and the only irritant is the presence of bumps on some of the bridges.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 09:55   #229
Senior - BHPian

I travelled the Coimbatore-Avinashi route on Sunday, like NPV mentioned above, there are a lot of speed breakers as one drives over bridges, the laning is almost complete, just a couple of diversions after Coimbatore where the work is still in progress, I could reach the clock tower signal at Salem in one hour twenty minutes after leaving the hotel on Avinashi road.
Old 9th September 2014, 23:59   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
I travelled the Coimbatore-Avinashi route on Sunday, like NPV mentioned above, there are a lot of speed breakers as one drives over bridges, the laning is almost complete, just a couple of diversions after Coimbatore where the work is still in progress, I could reach the clock tower signal at Salem in one hour twenty minutes after leaving the hotel on Avinashi road.

Those aren't speed breakers! They are unfinished bridge joints marked as speed breakers. Very annoying when you are just accelerating away from one bridge and the next comes up. That stretch is horrendous during the night! Its best travelled during broad day light!

The road doesn't seem to be a 4 lane road! It looks as wide as a 6 lane road.
Old 10th September 2014, 08:02   #231
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
That stretch is horrendous during the night! Its best travelled during broad day light!
The Avinashi-Coimbatore stretch can be bypassed if traveling to Kerala. Maybe a little bit circuitous if going to Coimbatore via Pollachi route.

One more reason why the Perundurai-Kangeyam-Palladam-Pollachi or Avinashi-Mangalam-Pollachi routes are still worth their salt!

Last edited by NPV : 10th September 2014 at 08:13.
Old 10th September 2014, 10:09   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The Avinashi-Coimbatore stretch can be bypassed if traveling to Kerala. Maybe a little bit circuitous if going to Coimbatore via Pollachi route.

One more reason why the Perundurai-Kangeyam-Palladam-Pollachi or Avinashi-Mangalam-Pollachi routes are still worth their salt!
I used to take the Chennai - trichy - dindigul - palani - pollachi - Coimbatore route when the Avinashi bypass was still under construction! But it takes so much time when compared to this route! Especially after entering dindigul!
Old 10th September 2014, 11:28   #233
Senior - BHPian

A flicker of a hope?

Court directive rekindles hopes of highway widening

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle6392729.ece
mallumowgli is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed