Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2010, 15:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
While coming from city, it is shorter to take the right turn at Sreekaryam.
I had taken this road on Nov 1st. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to give directions. Road condition was Ok.
Sreekaryam option is only good only if you come via Ulloor, for all others coming on the bypass, the Kazhakootam route works best. BTW, I went on the Sreekaryam-Venjaramood road yesterday, it has some bad sections towards the point where it joins the Kazhakootam-Venjaramood road. Moreover, this road is not recommended for those not familiar with Trivandrum since there are no signboards.
Old 1st December 2010, 07:49   #17

Guys, quick question:

In terms of Thekkady, we want to try out the rafting/half day trek option. Do we need to pre-book, or can we organise it once we're at the reserve? We'll be in Thekkady on the 2nd of Jan. Will the rafting/trek option be available, or is it shut?

Thanks in advance!
Old 1st December 2010, 10:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

It is going to be peak season in Thekkady in Dec-Jan and I doubt if you will get any facility on the spot, especially the very popular trekking tours.
Old 8th December 2010, 12:14   #19

Re: Trivandrum-Thekkady-Alleppey-Cochin

Hi Guys

I tried getting in touch through the official Periyar Tiger Reserve links, but they don't seem to work. Anyone who's recently done the rafting/trekking experience, could you point me in the right direction in terms of a contact person for booking purposes?

Thank you muchly!
Old 3rd February 2014, 16:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thekkady to Trivandrum

Im planning a trip from Bangalore to Thekkady and from there to Trivandrum in March. While I'm aware of the road from Bangalore to Thekady, I wanted to know the route to be taken from Thekkady to Trivandrum. Google Maps suggests
Thekkady ->Peerumade -> Mudakayam -> Erumeli -> Ranni -> Pathanamthitta -> Adoor -> then MC Road via Kottarakara -> Trivandrum.

While I know the MC Road is good, I was interested in knowing the first stretch before hitting MC Road at Adoor. The car is a BMW X1.

Would really appreciate a feedback from recent travellers on the road condition or alternate routes
Old 3rd February 2014, 16:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: Thekkady to Trivandrum

I do not know about Mudakayam -> Ranni -> Adoor stretch, but Mundakayam - Kanjirapalli - Ponkunnam - Vazhoor - Changanassery is very good road. From Chenganassery to Chenganur, on the MC Road, there will be traffic; the road is not bad, but all patched up. Chenganur to Adoor and all the way to Trivandrum is one among the best roads in Kerala.

But then it will be ~35kms extra.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 17:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: Thekkady to Trivandrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
I wanted to know the route to be taken from Thekkady to Trivandrum. Google Maps suggests
Thekkady ->Peerumade -> Mudakayam -> Erumeli -> Ranni -> Pathanamthitta -> Adoor -> then MC Road via Kottarakara -> Trivandrum.

While I know the MC Road is good, I was interested in knowing the first stretch before hitting MC Road at Adoor. The car is a BMW X1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I do not know about Mudakayam -> Ranni -> Adoor stretch, but Mundakayam - Kanjirapalli - Ponkunnam - Vazhoor - Changanassery is very good road. From Chenganassery to Chenganur, on the MC Road, there will be traffic; the road is not bad, but all patched up. Chenganur to Adoor and all the way to Trivandrum is one among the best roads in Kerala.

But then it will be ~35kms extra.
No need to go via Changanacherry, the route that GM suggests is a good one. These roads are generally well maintained - especially during the Sabarimala season. Since your travel dates aren't that far in the future, you should be fine going via Erumely - Ranni - Adoor. Will save you the pain of driving through the worst sections of MC road between Changanacherry and Chengannur and the drive is much more scenic too.

There was a recent report in another thread about another member having taken that route - ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3350255 ) and he has reported the road conditions in that stretch as good.
kala is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks