Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2013, 23:41   #16
BHPian

If its 6 days, I'd recommend Thailand...if you can stretch to 10, you can do Langwaki + Singapore with maybe a day in Ghenting..
Old 5th February 2013, 01:05   #17
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for a Honeymoon Outside India with a Budget of 1.5l in April 2013

First of all, Congratulations RS on taking the plunge!

Bali is one of the nicest places for honeymooners. You can spend 4-5 days there. If you book through Thai airways, you can break in Bangkok for a couple of days.

My recommendations for places to stay:

Bali: Bali is basically about beaches and mountains. You could choose to stay 2 days in the mountains and 2/3 in the beach.

Seminyak - This is the beach town. You can check out http://www.alamwarna.com. My personal recommendation will be a one bedroom villa.

Ubud - Ubud is the mountain town. You can try http://komaneka.com. The best will be a pool villa.

Both the places offer airport pickup/drops and local sight seeing. You can get in touch with them directly to plan your itinerary.

Bangkok: I suggest the Holiday Inn at Ploenchit Road. http://http://www.holidayinn.com/hot...pc/hoteldetail. You can take a taxi to the hotel as it is quite familiar.
This is in the downtown Bangkok and has a Skytrain station right in front for your local commutes. You can also walk to the malls as the city is very lively.
You could do a local sight seeing tour by arranging with the hotel.

Besides, the Siam Niramit Show (http://siamniramit.com is a must-see and the river cruise can also be done for its romantic setting.

Now I'm not too sure about the tag, but being off-season you could talk to the places and see if you can work it around your budget.
luvurride is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 02:01   #18
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for a Honeymoon Outside India with a Budget of 1.5l in April 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post

-The max no of days i can spend is 6 days and the minimum i would like is 4 days .
Considering that the period is just 6 days, frankly, I would like to suggest that you go to a cool place a few hours out of Delhi, check into a resort with all meals included, and just chill with each other.

No stress of international travel, no stress of passports, foreign currencies, language, sight seeing, tight budget, and the works. There will be plenty of time of time to do all of this later.

Unless, of course, the whole purpose is to get a stamp on your passport and have bragging rights that you went abroad on your honeymoon or most importantly, if that's what she really wants, irrespective of everything else.

Good Luck!
lapsi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 03:54   #19
BHPian

Thailand will be best suited for the budget and time along with versatility of shopping and relaxing destination. 2 nights at Bangkok and 4 at any of the beach location like krabi/phuket/koh samui. You can plan by yourself. Indigo flights to Bangkok and then look for air Asia flight from bangkok to these destination.
Also in krabi/ phuket you can book a self drive car from avisthailand.com if you want to drive. You can pick and drop your car from airport itself. For maps you can use sygic app as they have 7 day trial. The maps are comprehensive.
Local tours at these nice and easy to book. Hotels are great and well within budget.
In Bangkok you should book hotel near the metro line as it will save a lot on taxi etc.
I have been to Thailand multiple times with my wife and kids and have thoroughly enjoyed. PM me if you need more info or suggestion.
abbey4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 09:23   #20

As most opine, Thailand is the best option. I did a 5-day trip with my wife and parents in January 2011 from Chennai - mainly covered Bangkok, Phuket, Krabi, with ample shopping time.

Flight tickets are usually the most expensive component of any trip. NZ will set you back by atleast 70k per head, while Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia typically cost you under 20-25k per person. Assume around 5k room rental per night, another 5-6k for sight seeing and an overall 5k for shopping (assuming your wife will not go overboard since this is your honeymoon ) and you will have a rough budget ready.

Another option is Singapore + Malaysia if you have 6 days. Spend 3 days in Singapore and 2-3 in Malaysia - in KL, Langkawi, Genting.

As I said, a lot depends on the airfare prices. Check out skyscanner.co.in to compare ticket prices to most places.
deepakd03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 11:13   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapsi View Post
Considering that the period is just 6 days, frankly, I would like to suggest that you go to a cool place a few hours out of Delhi, check into a resort with all meals included, and just chill with each other.

No stress of international travel, no stress of passports, foreign currencies, language, sight seeing, tight budget, and the works. There will be plenty of time of time to do all of this later.

Unless, of course, the whole purpose is to get a stamp on your passport and have bragging rights that you went abroad on your honeymoon or most importantly, if that's what she really wants, irrespective of everything else.

Good Luck!
That were exactly our thoughts when planning for honeymoon around same time last year. We had the same budget and we decided to spend luxuriously in India at a beautiful place which offers us our own space and time devoid of the usual tourist environment. We chose the 'Glenburn Tea Estate' near Darjeeling. Heavenly place and you are pampered like babies! Top notch hospitality, food, services and facilities. Additional advantage of being surrounded by only a few people (as the estate has only that much capacity) from all over the world. The weather is also quite pleasant and the view of Himalayas is breath taking.
No tension of tour operators/ currencies/ food/ schedule. I have no reservations against foreign destinations, but with such budget I was not getting the luxury treatment and time that we wanted. I was strictly against any tourist schedule!
MotoNanu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 11:40   #22
BHPian

Since its gonna be during Summer, would suugest you to stick to some nice hillstations around Delhi. Maybe around Oct-Nov you can hit the beaches as the climate will be pleasent at that time.
Old 5th February 2013, 11:58   #23
BHPian

I absolutely agree with @luvurride. Bali is the place to be.
Visa on arrival-yes
Wide variety of places to visit: Yes(temples, hills, seas, you name it)
Reference points: Yes(you have luvurride and me- i visited it last week and trust me, I rate it above carribean islands , and I have visited quite a few places in the world )

Please do let me know if you need any help in places to stay/visit in bali. Cheers!!!

Last edited by adg_andy : 5th February 2013 at 12:05.
adg_andy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 12:19   #24
BHPian

Thanks everyone for your responses and wishes . Let me check the links and the places you all have suggested above and may i ll pm you in case i need more details of these places. Although i am willing to include places in india but my girl is more interested for out of india destinations. I think most of us will understand the situation here .
Thailand is one destination which i was thinking about earlier as one of my close friend went recently and i thought i ll get all the guidance . But considering the weather there in April i was a little doubtful.
Bali is another good destination i guess , as most of you have suggested . Any ideas hows the weather there during april end.
What about Dubai ?Any first hand experiences for honeymoon ?
Old 5th February 2013, 12:51   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

I think a lot of folks have given good advice. My top picks for your honeymoon:

- Mauritius (it is offseason and you should be able to do the trip well within your budget)
- Bali (certainly the most beautiful place I have ever visited)
- Thailand (relatively cheap and good for shopping, beaches, Buddhist temples etc.)

With your budget I would advise you *do* make an international trip, contrary to what lapsi is suggesting. Just my opinion but with flights and hotels being so affordable these days, it will be a wonderful experience for both of you to get away from it all. Don't bother with international roaming and data cards and stuff. Just give your hotel number to your loved ones to reach in case of emergency!

My honeymoon (many many moons ago ) was to Mauritius in peak season. We left just before Christmas Eve and returned on New Year's day. A lot of people told us we were foolish and should postpone to a less busy season. But it was the most awesome trip ever. So relax, and have a great time.
Old 5th February 2013, 12:51   #26
BHPian

It has to be BALI ! And like luvurride pointed out check out komaneka. I had stayed there and its a class apart!. For the price I think its a steal! I suggest spending most of the time in Ubud and take a couple of days in Seminyak. (Nusa Dua is very commercial, I dont recommend it....) You could also stay at Jimbaran which has some good resorts instead of staying at downtown Seminyak.

Thailand is also good, but for honeymoon, you cant match Bali.

Have fun!
Old 5th February 2013, 15:07   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends
I have lots of places in my mind. These are mainly

-Mauritius
-Maldives
-Bali
-Singapore+Malaysia
-Dubai
-Bankgkok+Phuket
- Any other , please suggest

My requirements are as below

------------------------------

Thanking you in advance
RS
I had been to Maldives for Honeymoon in Nov 2011. I too had all these places in mind before I finalised on this place. Reasons being:

Exclusivity: Rated top Honeymoon destination by many travel guides.

Pristine Beaches: You have to see it to believe them. I Have no words to describe them. Breath-taking, absolutely mesmerizing and captivating. The landing at Male airport is another splendid feeling. The runway is on an island right in the middle of the Indian ocean. Mauritian and Thai beaches dont even come close (Ive been to both places).

Nothing much to do: Come-on, you are going for your honeymoon dude. Spend time with your partner rather than roaming around places. The setting in the Maldives Island resorts are absolutely stunning and you wont even feel like leaving your bungalow and your island. It presents the perfect opportunity for you and your partner to understand each other better. Ofcourse if you are the adventurous type, you have water sports, scuba diving, para-sailing etc at the resort itself, albeit quite costly (approx 40$ per couple)

Friendly People with good respect for Indians: Now that is something I noticed with the people there. They respect us because they are dependant on India for many of their needs. We had gone for the Male city tour as a group from our island resort. All of the european, chinese guests were grouped in batches of 2-3 couples and provided with one guide. My wife and me & another Indian couple were the only ones provided with 1 guide per couple.

Great food, awesome setting, romance in the air: I really mean it. Again: Seeing is beleiving

Coming to your criteria:

-My Budget would be Strictly 1.5 L including shopping, taxi , eating out, outdoor activities and everything. Checked
-I am open to beaches, sands, mountains. Checked for beaches.
-The max no of days i can spend is 6 days and the minimum i would like is 4 days . You can get 4N/5D packages starting as low as 1000$ inclusive of Breakfast and dinner
-I am in Delhi so starting place would be Delhi only. Please research on this. I travelled from Hyderabad
-I hope the places you suggest will not be very hot in the month of April (end) Maldives has a stable weather with temperatures not exceeding 30 degrees during the day. You can also expect unexpected showers . You will forget about the weather and just keep admiring the beauty of nature.

I would like to know any recent first hand experiences of destinations, packages and tour operators like make my trip, SOTC, DPauls , Yatra from you.:
I suggest you to go with Paradise Island Resort and Spa as it is the most recommended resort for Indian travellers. It has a very good spread of Indian food as well. Their beach bungalows are wonderfully maintained and each bungalow is loacted only about 25 feet from the beautiful ocean. The whole island is, as the name suggests, A paradise on earth.

Maldives issues Visa on Arrival as well.

Please PM me if you want to know any more details.
Old 5th February 2013, 15:50   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
-Mauritius
-Maldives
-Bali
-Singapore+Malaysia
-Dubai
-Bankgkok+Phuket
You are on your honeymoon. So no point staying in some lousy place in a very expensive country.
You should take a very expensive place in a cheap country
Also airfare should be less, because its your honeymoon, not the airlines.
1.5 is a big budget.
you should go to some island in Thailand(not phuket, but some more exotic). Check out lonelyplanet etc., for best beaches and all.
Once you decide, you can get a room in a resort for around 4000/night. This will cover breakfast.
Food anyways is cheap
So to budget it out
1. Airfare - 50000 all inclusive max
2. Hotel for 6 night = 40,000 max

So now you are all set in a luxury resort right on the beach with a private beach and 2-3 swimming pools

Food max will be 1000/day. Thailand is pretty cheap.
For less than 1.5 you can also fit in all kinds of shopping at Bangkok
Old 5th February 2013, 16:22   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sri Lanka is an option. Galle (beach), Nuwara Eliya (hill station) & Sigiriya (historical place) are excellent places. At INR 1.5L, you can have a luxury trip.
Old 24th August 2013, 13:29   #30
BHPian

Re: International Honeymoon on a budget. Possible?

We had been to Bhutan for our Honeymoon. It is THE PERFECT destination for Honeymoon. No crowds, lovely Nature, Good food, Superb Wildlife, Waterfalls, Warm people, Well within budget, Closeby to India.
Bhutan is the best Hill Station I have visited till date.

We went from Hyderabad and did Bhutan (Thimphu, Paro, Punakha, Dochula pass, 1 widllife, lot of parks), Sikkim (Gangtok) for 14 days. Total cost 85k for both of us. Still relishing those memories.

I would recommend Sri Lanka, Malaysia as well. But Bhutan is 1st choice for Honeymooners!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks