Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2010, 15:45   #1

Need directions in Pune to reach Kharadi

Hello,

My brother got transferred to Pune and will be shifting next week. His residence is in Kharadi. We will be travelling by car to Pune. In this regard i would like to know the route to reach Kharadi after entering Pune city. I've been to Pune 3 weeks back, so i know the route to Chinchwad. Does the road to Kharadi falls in the same area?
Calling all punekars and others to guide me.

Thanks
Furman
Old 29th November 2010, 15:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

No, Kharadi and Chinchwad do not fall in the same area.

Kharadi is off Nagar Road. Roughly, this is the route you will need to follow:

Pune Station - Yerawada - Viman Nagar - Kharadi.

Just follow Nagar Road for 8-10 Kms after Yerawada and you'll reach the turn for Kharadi.
Old 29th November 2010, 16:01   #3
BHPian

There you go... Google Maps is your friend.

As you can see, Chinchwad is on the other side of Pune. Basically you need to reach "Magarpatta" township via Hadapsar from there you can probably find your way. Better not to get into town, unless you want to make some purchases on the way, or freshen-up a bit.
Attached Images

Old 29th November 2010, 16:21   #4
BHPian

Here are the landmarks you can follow when driving from NH4 Blr-Pune to Kharadi.
  1. Take Option of Katraj Tunnel (Old Ghat section) to enter Pune and reach Katraj.
  2. At Katraj chowk ask for Undri-Hadapsar Road and lead it.
  3. At Hadapsar ask for Magarpatta City-Mundhwa-ChandanNagar Road.
  4. At ChandanNagar (which is on Ahmednagar highway) ask for Kharadi, its nearby.
Old 30th November 2010, 13:01   #5
BHPian

Hey,

I have done Katraj to Kharadi for 4 years of college life everyday.
I would suggest you take the following road. First 5 kms is confusing, but after that its a smooth ride.

1. Katraj (go torwards pune city about 2.5-3 kms) passing bharati vidyapeeth, dhankawadi etc. This is a cemented road.
2. Take right at first major right turn for Bibwewadi. (this is the first major signal after katraj, where you can see vehicles going right.
3. After about 2 kms you will meet, Bibwewadi main road. Take a left turn at the junction. You need to go straight for about 2.5 kms. Ask for way to Kondhwa. Its a right turn from a signal. and you will feel like going up a hill. (i am sure first time you will need to ask for this road)
4. Go straight on this road for next 8-10 kms and you will meet the highway. here are the mid points - Marketyard, kondhwa signal, ARMY units of AFMC etc. No turning till you reach a dead end. If you get lost ask for way to hadapsar.
5. When you meet the highway you need to take a right turn towards Hadapsar. Keep going towards hadapsar for 5-6 kms.
6. Look for sign boards for Magarpatta City / Kharadi. Its a left turn. Until 6 months ago there was a flyover construction work going on at this junction. So that can be an indication.
7. Go straight for 5 - 6 kms and kharadi comes on your right. You will see magarpatta city on your left. Mundhwa Flyover over train tracks, then river crossing. 2 kms after river crossing you will see big Kothari Hyundai and reliance mart on your right. And indeed you have reached Kharadi.

Always ask the right places as indicated above and you will reach easily.
One of the best maintained and comparatively less populated.
Old 1st December 2010, 12:35   #6
BHPian

Going to Swargate from Katraj and then joining the Solapur road until Hadapsar and then going onto the Mundwa road is another option and is a bit more straighter, IMHO.
Old 1st December 2010, 12:46   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Going to Swargate from Katraj and then joining the Solapur road until Hadapsar and then going onto the Mundwa road is another option and is a bit more straighter, IMHO.
If you are travelling late night or very early in the morning then this route is straight forward and recommended to follow.
If you are travelling during other times, you will go crazy with the traffic and chaos at Swargate and the 2-3 kms periphery around it.
Old 1st December 2010, 13:11   #8
BHPian

You may also refer to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2056560
Old 1st December 2010, 14:03   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
^^+1, yes from an outsider's view point I can confirm that this is indeed a much simpler route to follow.
Old 1st December 2010, 14:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

Follow the city bus starting from katraj toward yerwada or railway station and so on,
ultimately you will reach to kharadi some what late but without getting lost in this crazy city.
Old 1st December 2010, 14:16   #11
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Follow the city bus starting from katraj toward yerwada or railway station and so on,
ultimately you will reach to kharadi some what late but without getting lost in this crazy city.
Follow the A/C bus (BRTS) that goes from Katraj to hadapsar. At Nobel hospital, instead of turning right to rejoin NH9, turn left and cross Magarpatta to reach mundhwa and eventually Kharadi. It's as easy as it is.
But importantly, keep out of the BRTS path. It's stricrtly meant for buses. But you'd find everything that's got wheels in that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
^^+1, yes from an outsider's view point I can confirm that this is indeed a much simpler route to follow.
Yes. I'd always second Khoj.
Katraj to Swargate - straight road called satara road.
Right turn at Swargate
Take Solapur road - Again straight road except for a couple of turns to compensate for oneways - all the way to Magarpatta corner.
Old 17th June 2011, 15:06   #12
BHPian

Re: Need directions in Pune to reach Kharadi

I need directions to Joshi Hospital, Opp Kamala Nehru Hospital, Wadarvadi, Pune. I will be coming by NH4 from Mangalore. No problems regarding direction upto Mumbai - Pune Bypass road. Also good hotels nearby to stay with family for three four days.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks