Team-BHP - Bangalore - Pune - Ahmedabad : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore - Pune - Ahmedabad : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/92874-bangalore-pune-ahmedabad-route-queries-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Figopian (Post 3200149)
Vikram, Hemant, thanks!
So I guess same would be the case if I want to go upto Mount Abu? I can actually think of halting at Dombivli at my cousins place so that I can save on those extra 2-3 hours and starting from Dombivli at say 6:00 AM should take me to Mt. Abu/Udaipur by 8:00 PM?
I was trying to halt at Ahemedabad just so that I dont have to drive at night, but if it is safe road to travel with wife and a 7 year old kid then I can think of stretching myself a little more.

Dombivli-Mt.Abu/Udp can be easily done in a day.Leave earlier by 4-5am(rain permitting) so that you can maximize your daylight driving.If UDP,then take the SP Ring road and if Mt.Abu take the Mehsana road.

Thanks, Ranjit.
I have started the initial planning, will get back with additional queries as needed.

Friends, I plan to do Pune - Bangalore during diwali holidays. I plan to leave Pune around 5 in the morning.
Is the entire stretch do able in 12 hrs accounting for a total of 2 hrs stoppages enroute? I won't be crossing Bangalore as my destination is right on the tumkur road near jalahalli cross.

What are the good/prefered bfast- lunch breaks? I intend to reach belgaum between 9-10 and have bfast there. Is it doable, or is it better to stop somewhere before belgaum?

Any suggestions for lunch break?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vibbs (Post 3272111)
I intend to reach belgaum between 9-10 and have bfast there. Is it doable, or is it better to stop somewhere before belgaum?

You can have brunch at Belgaum at Sankam Residency, located below the flyover, on LHS of NH 4. Otherwise, you can break at Kamat Upachar at Ranebennur bypass [LHS] or at Chabbi before Hubli [RHS].

Quote:

Sai Food Court, 30 km after Kolhapur towards Pune on RHS of NH 4.

You can get more information in this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3270322

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Ravi (Post 3272120)

Sai Food Court, 30 km after Kolhapur towards Pune on RHS of NH 4.

If he is coming from Pune, isn't Sai 30 km "before" Kolhapur? Did you refer it as while driving to Pune?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3272125)
Did you refer it as while driving to Pune?

Oops. All the locations are with reference to drive from Bangalore to Pune. :D For Pune to Bangalore, the ideal breakfast break could be at Sai Food Court, 30 km before Kolhapur and lunch break at Sankam Residency, Belgaum or Kamat Upachar at Chabbi or at Ranebennur bypass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vibbs (Post 3272111)
Friends, I plan to do Pune - Bangalore during diwali holidays. I plan to leave Pune around 5 in the morning.
Is the entire stretch do able in 12 hrs accounting for a total of 2 hrs stoppages enroute? I won't be crossing Bangalore as my destination is right on the tumkur road near jalahalli cross.

What are the good/prefered bfast- lunch breaks? I intend to reach belgaum between 9-10 and have bfast there. Is it doable, or is it better to stop somewhere before belgaum?

PNQ - BLR

5 AM PUNE
830 AM - KOLHAPUR - Breakfast
2PM - Rannebennur- Lunch
6PM - Tumkur

BLR- PNQ

5 AM Bengaluru
830 AM - Chitradurga - Breakfast
1 PM - Lunch just before you enter MH - Choose any place you like
630 PM Pune

45 mins breakfast and 1 hr Lunch

Here are the details of toll paid [Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Views: 1562
Size:  578 Bytes4,409] for my trip in Sep 2013 Bangalore>Pune>Shirdi>Indore>Amritsar>Dalhousie>Mc leodganj>Mussoorie>Bikaner>Mount Abu>Ahmedabad>Mumbai>Bangalore. Contrary to the current trend, some toll remained the same as compared to the last year's. For example, the toll of Yashwantrao Chavan Expressway [Mumbai Pune Expressway] remained unchanged at Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Views: 1562
Size:  578 Bytes165.

Bangalore - Pune - Ahmedabad : Route Queries-tollpaid.jpg

Thankyou friends for the suggestions. I am back from my trip. Did only one stop for evening tea at Kamat Upchar just before Hubli bypass on the Pune-Bangalore leg. Had packed McDonald's burgers for lunch which we had in the car itself.

On the way back we stopped at Kamat just before reaching Ranebennur for lunch and again at Kaveri between Belgaum and Nipani for tea.

With an early morning start (~03:30AM) from Bangalore will it be possible to reach Mumbai on the same day?

Also, how long will it take from Mumbai - Ahmedabad ? I hope the road conditions in general ?

Read about a bad section south of Pune towards Satara and similarly a bad section due to bridge work near Bharuch due to bridge work.

I am planning to start driving from Ahmedabad to Bangalore at 6.00 AM with another colleague who can drive as well. What is the realistic distance I can cover in a Wagon-R in a day? Any Suggestions

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpksuhas (Post 3531008)
With an early morning start (~03:30AM) from Bangalore will it be possible to reach Mumbai on the same day?

Also, how long will it take from Mumbai - Ahmedabad ? I hope the road conditions in general ?

Read about a bad section south of Pune towards Satara and similarly a bad section due to bridge work near Bharuch due to bridge work.

I drove BLR-Pune a few weeks ago and with a 4.30AM start, I had reached the Pune-Mumbai bypass (Katraj Ghat entry point) around 5PM, including short breaks for lunch/fuel and rest stops. The Satara-Pune stretch isn't too bad, but slows you down due to evening traffic and multiple diversions.

If you're driving alone, it may be a bit of a stretch (but doable) to target Mumbai, more because of traffic in your final stretch than the distance itself. Account for all this while you plan.

P.S. Carrying food/snacks/drinks helps keep unnecessary stops to a minimum. It may not seem like much, but even 10 minute tea/drinks breaks add up over a long day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajiv-Bang (Post 3607160)
I am planning to start driving from Ahmedabad to Bangalore at 6.00 AM with another colleague who can drive as well. What is the realistic distance I can cover in a Wagon-R in a day? Any Suggestions

Rajiv : Im not sure about the time/distance between Mumbai-Ahmedabad.

Other than that -
Entry to Express Way at Panvel to Exit at Pune : 90 mins
Drive thru the Pune By-pass till Katraj - 60 mins
Katraj - Pune, NTB toll exit /NICE Road entry - 11 hours ( with one break in between )

I recently did Bangalore-Pune and I could cover this home to home, 928 KM's in 10 hours and 30 mins.

There are more details about Bangalore-Mumbai road route/eateries etc in a separate and exhaustive thread, updated quite often. So, if you get details around A'bad-Panvel, you are all set.

So I did a Solo drive from Bangalore to Ahmedabad & back over the weekend that passed. Both the legs were done in one shot with ample breaks for food and Fuel.

Here are the details:

13th Feb, 2015
Bangalore-Pune-Thane-Ahmedabad: 0430 Hours to 0030 Hours
1530 Kms, 20 Hours

16th Feb, 2015
Gandhinagar-Thane-Pune – Bangalore: 1215 Hours to 1030 Hours
1510 Kms, 22 Hours

Update on Road Conditions:

Some Statistics and Pictures:

Total Average FE as per MID:
Bangalore - Pune - Ahmedabad : Route Queries-20150218_121411.jpg

Total Round Trip as per MID:
Bangalore - Pune - Ahmedabad : Route Queries-20150218_121424.jpg

Total Return Trip distance as per MID:
Bangalore - Pune - Ahmedabad : Route Queries-20150218_121428.jpg

Onward Log taken from MMI till Gandhinagar (But from Hiriyur)
Bangalore - Pune - Ahmedabad : Route Queries-20150217_102837.jpg

Return log taken from MMI from Gandhinagar, Apollo Hospital to Bangalore home in Vidyaranyapura:Bangalore - Pune - Ahmedabad : Route Queries-20150217_102806.jpg

Great solo driving, but did you not feel sleepy after the lunch and dinner?
I prefer the HV Kumar way with in car snacks and the great Gujarati theplas. Snack lightly during the trip, may be every three to four hours. Keeps drowsiness away.