Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2010, 23:11   #1
BHPian

Mumbai to Karad (Maharashtra) - route info?

Hey friends
I was planning to drive down to Karad from Mumbai (specifically Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences) to meet a couple of friends there. Could someone please tell me which is the best and shortest route to take to go there and the time taken to travel from Chembur? Is it via the e-way and NH4 or is there an alternate route? Also pointers for the route in terms of places to take breaks at, road conditions plus best time of the day to drive would help. Thanks in advance!
Old 30th November 2010, 10:17   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluez View Post
Hey friends
I was planning to drive down to Karad from Mumbai (specifically Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences) to meet a couple of friends there. Could someone please tell me which is the best and shortest route to take to go there and the time taken to travel from Chembur? Is it via the e-way and NH4 or is there an alternate route? Also pointers for the route in terms of places to take breaks at, road conditions plus best time of the day to drive would help. Thanks in advance!
Yes it is NH4. Here is the map if the institue is located near Krishna Hospital. Do not take the flyover after you reach Karad (just after the bridge on Koyna river).

Chembur, Maharashtra, India to Peth/NH4 - Google Maps
Old 30th November 2010, 16:30   #3
BHPian

Its a straight choice, e-way and then NH4. No turn no branch nothing. You will be driving one of the most beautiful road in Maharashtra.

Please let me know if anything is needed in Karad.

Last edited by sushantr5 : 30th November 2010 at 16:37.
Old 30th November 2010, 20:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, like the others said. E-way and then NH4 from Pune will be the best and fastest.
Old 1st December 2010, 10:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

Would the same route be applicable for Sangli too or would there be a diversion. Correct me if I am wrong, Karad comes after Sangli or is it vice versa.

Any good food joints on this stretch? Good petrol pumps?
Old 1st December 2010, 14:51   #6
BHPian

Petrol pumps - Khalapur on e-way: COCO HP, COCO BP near Khed-Shivapur, next to McDonalds. There is another HP COCO as well nearby.

Toll: 30Rs at Vashi creek bridge, 140 Rs for e-way, and another 157Rs till you reach Karad.

Sangali - haven't been there, but a turn-off after Karad, before Kolhapur (Peth Naka). Experts please correct me if I am wrong.

Road conditions are excellent throughout.

It should take approx 5 hours with sedate driving.
Old 1st December 2010, 14:56   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Yes you are right. For Sangli, keep an eye on the signboard once you pass the Kolhapur (Islampur) Textile Park after a couple of Kimoleters they have clearly marked signboard for Sangli Exit difficult to miss.
Old 1st December 2010, 23:41   #8
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys. Really appreciate all the help! You guys are awesome! \m/
@alto99 - Yes the same thing - Krishna Hospital! Thanks for the pointer and the map!
@sushantr5 - TY so much! Well there's one last thing. Could you please suggest some nice budget place to stay for a night in Karad town? Thanks once more!
Old 2nd December 2010, 09:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluez View Post
Well there's one last thing. Could you please suggest some nice budget place to stay for a night in Karad town? Thanks once more!
Hotel Pankaj - very decent place, with reasonable rates. This is located on your left (if you're travelling from Mumbai - Karad) just before the exit which takes you into Karad town.

Hotel Pankaj Executive - The Only Three Star Hotel in Karad, Satara, NH4 : INDIA

Cheers,
Vikram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks