Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2010, 20:10   #1
Senior - BHPian

International Tour operators in Chennai / Bangalore

Team,

I tried searching for this information in this forum with no luck. :(

Has anyone tried any private International tour operators in Chennai / Bangalore. Or should we only rely on the foreign bigwigs like the Cox and Kings / SOTC / Thomas Cook etc.
Are there any good private players for Internation tours?
But only see people talking about these big guys.
Not sure the prices that they quote are the lease possible

I have promised my wife, a visit to the South east asian countries.

In case if any member has any experience of using such a tour operator please let me know.

Please help.
Old 1st December 2010, 20:39   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Has anyone tried any private International tour operators in Chennai / Bangalore.
There are smaller players who do this regularly. While I can give you the contact details of one such organizer in Bangalore, how will you coordinate, since you are in Chennai (as per your location specified) ?
Old 1st December 2010, 20:50   #4
BANNED

Try Makemytrip ,we have booked one corporate tour and my friends had booked close to 4-5 international tours with them.

If you need their contact details let me know,they are in nungambakkam
Old 1st December 2010, 21:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

@aargee:
Regarding SITA, even I dont have experience with them, but if I am not wrong they charge as much as the bigwigs.

Regarding other players even I did get the name when I searched for them, but the question of reliability is where I wanted to know from people who have travelled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
There are smaller players who do this regularly. While I can give you the contact details of one such organizer in Bangalore, how will you coordinate, since you are in Cheinnai (as per your location specified) ?
@condor, I keep visiting Bangalore once in a month atleast, thus if I am not finding any good one in Chennai thought I would rely on Bangalore service guys. Especially if I am able to find someone good enough.

Thats why asked regarding Bangalore.
Old 1st December 2010, 21:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
but the question of reliability is where I wanted to know from people who have travelled.
Then do one thing, do a complete plan all by yourself & this will take time & I don't see any other draw back apart from this.

Which all south east Asian countries are you planning to visit? Make a list of them, Internet & TBhp will be handy for sure (will never let you down). Book hotels rooms through reviews during non seasonal time, much ahead in advance & pay a token amount too, you'll get good rates.

If I were to do a foriegn trip, either I do a lot of homework or I pay up people. Like I said before, DIY is THE BEST option, unfortunately, it takes its own sweet time & pulls out one's brain.
Old 1st December 2010, 22:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

@Aargee,

Thanks for the suggestions.

According to me, there are two ways of travelling.
One go thro the tour operators and two do a DYI mode of travelling.
I am trying out option 1.

Of course, I am aware, option 2 does exist, but that is not what I want to consider now. Will surely go thro the exercise when I start considering option 2.

All I want to know is if there are some good tour operators out there to go thro the option 1.

@Joshguy,
Thanks for the suggestion, what is thier mode, will they link us up to operators there. Or will they take care of the end to end travel needs.
Just checking how is thier accountibility part.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks