Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2011, 09:07   #16
BHPian

Re: Info needed for the Delhi – Binsar route

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I think except for the Binsar road, all roads are open on your route at night.
No problem driving in night in UK, but maybe one should be careful in UP.
Ramanagar route is recommended because the Bazpur route is in a very bad shape and the Rampur route is messy, and also has bad sections.
Better to stay in Bhimtal where you have several hotels - quieter and nicer too - instead of Nainital.
Call up KMVN. I think if you have an advance booking, the check post guys will allow you through after seeing the booking confirmation. However, this 10 kms from the main road to KMVN BInsar sees wildlife on the road.
HVK sir, yes, the Binsar check gate closes at 5:00pm where one has to fill up the details. And even it is also not safe to take this road at night. The road is very narrow with lots of hair pin bends.
Tandi-Bazpur route is very much messy and have lots of pot-holes, not at all comfortable for a hatchback or sedan. This is what we faced in Sept, last year.
Info needed for the Delhi – Binsar route-_mg_0040.jpg

Though night driving in UK road is not a problem, I will always prefer driving during day to enjoy the awesome road and beautiful vista en-route. Just a glimpse.
Info needed for the Delhi – Binsar route-_mg_4348.jpg
Info needed for the Delhi – Binsar route-_mg_4561.jpg

Cheers!
Hriday
Old 30th May 2011, 09:53   #17

Re: Info needed for the Delhi – Binsar route

Dear All,
First, thanks for your inputs on the Delhi-Nainital route, which were of great help for my trip. Here are some inputs on the routes to Nainital.

1. Route from Delhi upto Moradabad is common for any route further on.
2. Thereafter, the options, as has been brought out several times... are THREE... ROUTE 1-Moradabad- Rampur-Rudrapur-Pantnagar-Haldwani. ROUTE 2- Moradabad- Tanda- Bazpur-Kaladungi. ROUTE 3-Moradabad- Kashipur-Bazpur-Kaladungi .
3. NOT RECOMMENDED -
(a) ROUTE 1( taken while coming back from Nainital)- The drive through the towns en route is a big put off, the traffic on the hill route between Nainital & Haldwani is 'Dangerous' to say the least.The icing on the cake was a massive jam, about 10 KM long, with the 'best of traffic sense' & 'region specific mannerisms' at display, between Rampur and Moradabad. Wasted 2 hours despite off roading & treating my Accent like an SUV.
(b) ROUTE 2 (taken while heading to Nainital)- The road's shortest all right, but MISSING, yeah MISSING in huge patches including a bridge, as on date, between Tanda and Bazpur.
4. RECOMMENDED- ROUTE 3- A slight variation only from route 2 but surely the neatest option.The drive through the reserve forest is super.
5. TIPS FOR THE ROUTE.
(a) When heading uphill,start early to beat the Del-Ghaziabad traffic. Really helps.
(b) Breakfast at Mc Donalds (Gajraula) is a good option.
(c) Forget about distances, its the time u thake that matters, and the driving pleasure(route 3 is the best).
(d) Nainital petrol pumps dont open before 0715, so top up the previous evening before you start back.
6. Any other inputs, I'm on +917838150829.
Happy Holidaying !!

IceMav

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks