Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2010, 15:59   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore,Subramanya,Dharmasthala,Horanadu,Sringer i,Kollur,Murudeshwar,Udipi,Man

Folks have answered for alternative routes.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...udupi-189.html

Look at post #2830 of mine and see the answers by answers.
Old 21st December 2010, 22:19   #17
BHPian

Re: Bangalore,Subramanya,Dharmasthala,Horanadu,Sringer i,Kollur,Murudeshwar,Udipi,Man

I am planning a 4 day trip with my family and would like to cover the following places. Horanadu, Sringeri, Dharmasthala, Subramanya, Udupi, Kateel, Gokarna, Murudeshwara and Kollur. Please suggest me the best route to cover all these places.

Here is what I thought of.

Bangalore-Hornadu-Sringeri-Kollur-Gokarna-Murudeshwara-Udapi-Kateel-Dharmasthala-Subramanya-Bangalore.

Is this a good route or should I make any changes?

PS : I am not driving, am renting a cab.

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st December 2010, 23:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyb View Post
Figuring out the route from Sringeri to Kollur. So what would you suggest?
Sringeri->Koppa->Thirtahalli->Nagara->Kollur. Is this possible
The last time I travelled, the Nagara Kollur stretch wasn't in great shape, and am not sure about Tirthahalli-Nagara road either since I've never travelled that way.

I think you'll find better roads if you go to Agumbe, descend the ghats there and take the right turn at Someshwar (at the bottom of the ghats) to go to Kollur via Haladi.
Old 22nd December 2010, 06:17   #19
Team-BHP Support

I had asked same question some time back related the roads via Nagar. Responses were, that it was not worth taking that route.

Better route:
Sringeri-Koppa-Agumbe-Someshwar-Haladi-Vandse-Kollur.
Old 27th December 2010, 11:51   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I had asked same question some time back related the roads via Nagar. Responses were, that it was not worth taking that route.

Better route:
Sringeri-Koppa-Agumbe-Someshwar-Haladi-Vandse-Kollur.
Yes, this route has good roads and scenic. Ghat road is narrow but good.
Just back from my trip. Travelogue will follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
I am planning a 4 day trip with my family and would like to cover the following places. Horanadu, Sringeri, Dharmasthala, Subramanya, Udupi, Kateel, Gokarna, Murudeshwara and Kollur. Please suggest me the best route to cover all these places.

Bangalore-Hornadu-Sringeri-Kollur-Gokarna-Murudeshwara-Udapi-Kateel-Dharmasthala-Subramanya-Bangalore.

Thanks in advance.
Your route plan is good. One change - Do subramanya first, and then Dharmasthala and return to Bangalore. You can add Mangalore to your trip if you havent covered in earlier. It is 60 kms from Udupi. 4 days might be insufficient if you are planning to do all day journeys. There is alot of ghat between these places which will take good amount of driving time. It took us 7 days to cover these places including Mangalore.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by n_aditya : 27th December 2010 at 19:41. Reason: posts merged
Old 28th December 2010, 14:52   #21
BHPian

I am planning a 3 day trip around Dharmasthala - Sringeri - Udupi. Mapmyindia shows this route from Belthangadi to Kalasa. Anyone used this route....? Does this route exist...?. There is no such route in Google maps.. I am confused.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore, Subramanya, Dharmasthala, Horanadu, Sringeri, Kollur, Murudeshwar, Mangalore-belthangadykalasa.jpg  

Old 28th December 2010, 17:35   #22
Team-BHP Support

Not sure about this. But the route from Kottigahara (which you after crossing Charmadi) is a reliable one.
Old 28th December 2010, 17:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Seems to be a very tight plan!

Day1 Blore- Horanadu - Sringeri( about 25kms of bad roads from sk border and lots of winding roads)

Day2 Sringer- Kollur - Murudeshwara

Day3 Murudeshwara - Gokarna - Udupi (bit tight here)

Day4 Udupi - Dharmastha(go via Ujre tho winding shorter) - Subramanya - Bangalore

This will be a very tight plan i guess its better to skip Gokarna, Murudeshwara. @ Dharmastha maha puje is around 12:30 i guess and i think around 1ish they close and open around 4ish and same with Subramanya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post

Thanks in advance.
Old 29th December 2010, 11:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
I am planning a 3 day trip around Dharmasthala - Sringeri - Udupi. Mapmyindia shows this route from Belthangadi to Kalasa. Anyone used this route....? Does this route exist...?. There is no such route in Google maps.. I am confused.
AFAIK, there is a road from Belthangadi to Navooru. But from Navooru to Samse, I'm not sure. It could probably be a jeep track.
Old 29th December 2010, 11:54   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
AFAIK, there is a road from Belthangadi to Navooru. But from Navooru to Samse, I'm not sure. It could probably be a jeep track.
Looked up this route on the district maps of DK. There is a road going from Belthangady - Laila - Nada - Navooru - Chikmaglur district. This road falls under the "Other roads" category. So thinking that this could be a Village road (may be not a jeep track).

Could be great if it is motorable as it is very short, just about 35 KMS to Kalasa.
Anyway will check this route with the locals in Belthangadi.

Link to district map: http://www.dk.nic.in/dcimg/belthangady.jpg

Last edited by gypsyFreak : 29th December 2010 at 11:55. Reason: added link
Old 29th December 2010, 12:19   #26
BHPian

Thanks to all who guided me in planning this trip. Based on the information I got, we even changed our route.

You can view more details of my trip @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ala-kukke.html
Old 29th December 2010, 12:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
@ Dharmastha maha puje is around 12:30 i guess and i think around 1ish they close and open around 4ish and same with Subramanya.
@ Dharmasthala, temple closes at 2PM and again opens only at 7PM. One can expect long queues also.
Old 29th December 2010, 12:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

oh yes, subramnay they open around 4:30. going to these places in holidays may be a big mistake might have to wait for over 4-5hours in queue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyb View Post
@ Dharmasthala, temple closes at 2PM and again opens only at 7PM. One can expect long queues also.
Old 29th December 2010, 12:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
oh yes, subramnay they open around 4:30.
No. Kukke Subramanya temple is closed from 1.30pm - 3.30pm. So opens by 3.30pm
Quote:
going to these places in holidays may be a big mistake might have to wait for over 4-5hours in queue.
Yes sometimes in Dharmasthala, devotees queue will be quite long, particularly in the month of Dec,Jan because of holidays and also Shabarimala devotees who visit the temple in large numbers.

Last edited by sushrutha : 29th December 2010 at 12:56.
Old 29th December 2010, 13:37   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
No. Kukke Subramanya temple is closed from 1.30pm - 3.30pm. So opens by 3.30pm
you sure about it? few months back when i had been there they had opened around 4:30? not sure if the time is fixed??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks