Team-BHP - Jim Corbett
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Jim Corbett (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/93091-jim-corbett.html)

Dear All,
I am looking for the a week end getaway for my second marriage anniversary. Since i have already visited jaipur i am looking for outing . I have been suggested Jim Corbett ( although other suggestions are welcome ).

Can you guys please suggested me
1) If this is doable/suitable with 1.5 year old child.
2) Some detailed directions i would like a simple ( with landmarks ) route as i have a tendency to lose directions ( specially during night)
3) Do we have a railways connectivity ? Is it till the end ( tiger reserve ) or do i need to take some other mode of tranportation to reach it.

Regards,

I don't know how a jungle safari with a 1.5 years old kid will be!

1) Not sure if a jungle safari is involved.
2) Take NH 24 (Ghaziabad - Hapur - Moradabad). After the second toll booth on the Moradabad bypass (elevated road), take the U-turn towards Moradabad and from thereon, head for Ram Nagar via Kashipur.
3) Trains go to Kathgodam from where you can take a private/shared taxi for Ram Nagar. I guess there should be buses too, not sure though.

For a weekend getaway, other places that come to mind are:
1. Lansdowne
2. Neemrana Fort

Thanks a lot lordofgondor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kool_Kid (Post 2161693)
Dear All,
I am looking for the a week end getaway for my second marriage anniversary. Since i have already visited jaipur i am looking for outing . I have been suggested Jim Corbett ( although other suggestions are welcome ).

Can you guys please suggested me
1) If this is doable/suitable with 1.5 year old child.
2) Some detailed directions i would like a simple ( with landmarks ) route as i have a tendency to lose directions ( specially during night)
3) Do we have a railways connectivity ? Is it till the end ( tiger reserve ) or do i need to take some other mode of tranportation to reach it.

Regards,

Well the route is quiet simple- Take NH24 TO MORADABAD- TAKE MORADABAD BYPASS- YOU REACH T Point- Come back 1 km towards Moradabad & take corbett route - to avoid moradabad city Traffic.:D

It is recommended to the get the reservations done in advance - you have many options- besides inside the park(which are already booked till Jan 11).

Also no problem with 1.5 Year old kid- just ensure that you carry enough warm clothes,you will enjoy the stay.

Railway connectivity is till moradabad- you need to take a cab from there to corbett.

Rest in case you need more information/references for stay PM Me.

Thanks & Regards
Anupam00

There are two express trains from Delhi to Ramnagar.

1) Starts at 1600 hrs from Old Delhi and reaches Ramanagar at 2100 hrs. I guess it is called Corbett Link Express.

2) Ranikhet Express : starts at 2245 from Old Delhi reaches Ramnagar at 0500 hrs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anupam00 (Post 2161930)
Also no problem with 1.5 Year old kid- just ensure that you carry enough warm clothes,you will enjoy the stay.

Hi anupam00, what are your thoughts on doing the safari with a 1.5 year old kid along?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordofgondor (Post 2161962)
Hi anupam00, what are your thoughts on doing the safari with a 1.5 year old kid along?

Well the safari would be a jeep safari- my cousin when they visited last year -their son was almost the same age- & the drive overall was say 2 hr's during the day time(maximum can be say 5 hrs - as that time is enough to see the main area's -5 hrs drive inside park is what is shown by jeep hires )- his son had no problems- moreover the weather was cold but since the drive is also during day time with sun of course - therefore I don't think so that Jeep Safari would be an issue.

Thanks & Regards
Anupam00

Quote:

Originally Posted by anupam00 (Post 2161930)
Railway connectivity is till moradabad- you need to take a cab from there to corbett.

Thanks & Regards
Anupam00

No sir, There is a train that goes till Ramnagar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCH (Post 2161931)
There are two express trains from Delhi to Ramnagar.

1) Starts at 1600 hrs from Old Delhi and reaches Ramanagar at 2100 hrs. I guess it is called Corbett Link Express.

2) Ranikhet Express : starts at 2245 from Old Delhi reaches Ramnagar at 0500 hrs.

Yeah, looks like more accurate info!! If I am not wrong, there are special coaches in Ranikhet Express that are attached to take you to Ramnagar. Its a good train to catch from Delhi.

If I had a 1.5 yr old kid, I would definitely not stay in the FRH's. The FRH's have only basic amenities (Dhikala might have more than basic but not the rest of them).

Also pushing the kid out in the cold freezing mornings for a safari would be doing injustice to baby. Day safari's are possible but you tend to see nothing during the day.

Though I am a big fan of FRH's and in all my trips to Corbett I have made it a point to stay in them but since you with a kid IMO you could try and book one of the pvt hotels in the buffer zone so that atleast you are more or less assured basic things for the kid.

Regards

Koolkid

I had stayed at Corbett NP for 4 nights with my wife and kid (8 yrs then) in May '09 (over an year ago) but much of the following should be valid now:

1. Dec/ Jan will be quite cold in Corbett NP. Warm woolens are a must. Carry a powerful torch and get a BSNL connection if possible, and if you don't have one already (other connections may not be found there!).
2. Carry all medicines for your kid from wherever you are starting itself (includes syrups for the worst things like diarrhea, vomiting, and fevers). Better to have a checkup with the pediatrician before the trip. It is not easy to understand a 1 and 1/2 year kid's tantrum (unless you are a doctor yourself!), or to try to come down all the way to Ramnagar some 20 km away if your kid wakes you all up at midnight.
3. Better to book at a hotel in Ramnagar itself if you feel need for being more secure from the above points. Inside the NP of course will be of course more enjoyable, but subject to the health risks.
3. With your kid in mind, try to arrange for early morning jeep safari via Bijrani gate rather than the day- long bus to Dhikala. The latter is where tiger sighting is most likely because of grasslands.

Above all, it is a trip. So ENJOY!
Bye
DrVjy

Kool_Kid: have a look at - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ted-quest.html

Intend to do Jaipur-Corbett-Shimla-Kaza-Jaipur starting end May to first week June. Inputs about route and stay options needed from members. All and any help welcome. Two cars in convoy Pajero and Skoda Laura.

Thanks in advance

Reviving an Old Thread

Planning a Trip to Corbett from Chandigarh by Road for next weekend . I was not aware there are so many Gates / options to stay . Which will be nearest entry while coming from Haridwar side and which resort will be the best to stay for 2-3 days

AFAIK You have to enter via Dhikuli gate.
I had visited Corbett long time back, maybe about in 2000.
Not able to sight a tiger though we were in safari for about 7-8 hrs - my bad luck.
I think we had taken the Delhi-Hapur-Moradabad-Corbett route then.
Sorry if this was not useful.

Dear all,

Planning to drive to Jim Corbett from Chandigarh next week, google suggests two routes:

1. Via Yamunanagar and Saharanpur
2. Chandigarh to Karnal, then via Bijnor, Jaspur, Kashipur

I personally am tilted towards the second option since it would mean a smooth ride till Karnal at least. Anyone been on this route, please help with the latest conditions and expectations?

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

Planning a two day trip to Corbett and finalizing a resort in Ramnagar.

Wanted to know if Forest Dept. Safaris booked from ecorbett website originate from Ramnagar.

Secondly, which zones to book for a safari this time of the year?