Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2010, 13:34   #1
BHPian

Query on New Year in Ajmer, Fun with "Shradhha"

Folks,

Planning to spend this new year in Ajmer with family (extended family actually, 3 sis-in-laws, 2 of them married, parents in laws) about 9 adults and two kids below 5.

A very tentative plan is somewhat like this.

31st December - Depart from Gurgaon in the morning as early as possible
New year celebrations in Ajmer
1st January - Ajmer sharif dargah in the morning and spend rest of the day in local sight seeing
2nd January - Push off for Delhi after break fast.
3rd January - Back to work :(

Need help from all who have either been there or are from there

1. A place to stay in Ajmer which has good party planned for 31st December 2010 (more like resorts etc.)
2. What all to see in Ajmer in the given time
3. Best route to be taken to Ajmer (this am sure already has a lot of inputs here, any additional help is greatly appreciated)

Cheers and Happy New Year
Old 6th December 2010, 16:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

To see in Ajmer - [COLOR=#0000ff]http://www.rajasthantourism.biz/ajmerguide/ajmer-sightseeing.html[/COLOR]

12 kms away is the famous Pushkar Lake with the Bramhaji's temple.

Best route is NH8 all the way.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Novice View Post
Folks,

Need help from all who have either been there

2. What all to see in Ajmer in the given time

3. Best route to be taken to Ajmer (this am sure already has a lot of inputs here, any additional help is greatly appreciated)

Cheers and Happy New Year
Old 6th December 2010, 23:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

You may stay in "Green house" in Pushkar which is really good with luxury tents. Good food as well. Visit the Brahma temple - nothing great though. Pushkar is a hyped up place because of foreigners. One good thing you should not miss is the Sweet shoos in Pushkar - Specailly Mal Puas. They are yummy. During this season you may also go for Camel Safaris about which you can inquire in the hotel. Apart from Dargah in Ajmer, you can go for boating in the lake as well.
Old 8th December 2010, 15:00   #4
BHPian

Re: Query on New Year in Ajmer, Fun with "Shradhha"

Thanks gd1418 and Fauji for your responses.

The plan has changed now. We shall be spending 31st night in Jaipur and reaching Ajmer on 1st and staying there on 1st.

If someone can tell us good New Year Eve options in Jaipur, that would be highly welcome. We are staying in a hotel called Emerald Garden Club in Jaipur and I dont think they would have something worth while to offer on 31st.
Old 8th December 2010, 16:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

Try if there is any thing happenning in Chauki Dani for NY eve? Else, i dont think Jaipur is hot for NY eve and most of the activities may be in star hotels
Old 8th December 2010, 16:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

TBHPian Deky from Jaipur says in another thread that Chokhi-Dhani is priced at INR5000 per couple for dinner on 31st!!Definitely not worth it!
Old 9th December 2010, 11:20   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Try if there is any thing happenning in Chauki Dani for NY eve? Else, i dont think Jaipur is hot for NY eve and most of the activities may be in star hotels
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
TBHPian Deky from Jaipur says in another thread that Chokhi-Dhani is priced at INR5000 per couple for dinner on 31st!!Definitely not worth it!
Thanks Fauji and Ranjitp - Yups I agree. Chokhi Dhani is not worth it for that price. Besides, I have spent a 31st night there earlier (Resort and not the village) back in 2005 or was it 2006. Me and wifey, it was an ok affair with some troupe coming in from Bombay to perform some very basic snacks and dinner on the house (rather inclusive in the package) and each drink priced at Rs. 100 and "actual" snacks like tikkas and all on actuals.

It looks like we are going to spend time with the large family that we are travelling with. In any case the hotel we are staying have said they are going to have a gala dinner and DJ on 31st and I guess that should be pretty much about it if you are a large group in yourself.
Old 9th December 2010, 11:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Novice View Post
If someone can tell us good New Year Eve options in Jaipur, that would be highly welcome. We are staying in a hotel called Emerald Garden Club in Jaipur and I dont think they would have something worth while to offer on 31st.
Wow, Emerald Garden, Nice!!! We have been visiting this place since college students for food and stuff. The place has changed over the years for better. I must say the owners are very enterprising and have done the place nicely.

Last year for NY's they had a DJ with unlimited drinks and snacks and food all for Rs2200/- per couple. I think the prices will go up a bit this year but should be good.

The best part of their club is the restaurant on the roof top. Offers amazing view of the Moti Dungree Fort.
Old 10th December 2010, 12:54   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Last year for NY's they had a DJ with unlimited drinks and snacks and food all for Rs2200/- per couple. I think the prices will go up a bit this year but should be good.

The best part of their club is the restaurant on the roof top. Offers amazing view of the Moti Dungree Fort.
Thanks for confirming this Deky. They also told us the same thing when we enquired about what did they do last year. With your confirmation, I guess we need not look further. Our new year eve is set. 9 (okay say 7) makes a gang isnt it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks