Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2013, 07:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chennai-Nagapattinam road conditions post monsoon!

I did Chidambaram - Velankanni last month, the road was good, no potholes but it a single road, no divider, watch out for Karaikal, if you miss the bye-pass then its a city darshan for you.

Also try and consider the only Tamil Nadu road, I think the Chidambaram-Myladuthurai-Velankanni road is much better than the Karaikal one
Old 9th September 2013, 08:52   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
I did Chidambaram - Velankanni last month, the road was good, no potholes but it a single road, no divider, watch out for Karaikal, if you miss the bye-pass then its a city darshan for you.
Arun, Can you point the bypass road for Karaikal on Google. I was unable to spot it. It would good to note this.
Old 13th December 2015, 05:25   #18
BHPian

Waking this old thread as the title is very relevant.

I am planning to go to Tranquebar (from Bangalore) on 28th Dec. Initial thought on the route Bangalore-Salem-Virudhachalam-Chidambaram-Tranquebar. Any recent update on the road condition, route?

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th December 2015, 10:10   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingcrew View Post
Waking this old thread as the title is very relevant.

I am planning to go to Tranquebar (from Bangalore) on 28th Dec. Initial thought on the route Bangalore-Salem-Virudhachalam-Chidambaram-Tranquebar. Any recent update on the road condition, route?

Thanks in advance.
Roads around Vridhachalam are pathetic as what was updated here last week. But this is I think nothing to do with monsoon. The condition itself is bad. The safest of the worst options is Ulundurpet-Vridhachalam. But note, that is not good either. And Vridhachalam-Chidambaram it seems is real bad.
Old 14th December 2015, 11:45   #20
BHPian

Thanks Ampere. I am not very familiar with this region. Can you please elaborate on the route a bit. Or should I go via Namakal-Trichy?
Old 24th February 2016, 17:52   #21
BHPian

Some info on the road condition will help. I'm planning to drive down to Chidambaram from Chennai. Will take the ECR: Chennai-Pondy-Cuddalore-Chidambaram route. Please can anyone let me know the road condition if you'd traveled recently?

Thanks a million in advance!
Old 24th February 2016, 21:44   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigatech2006 View Post
Some info on the road condition will help. I'm planning to drive down to Chidambaram from Chennai. Will take the ECR: Chennai-Pondy-Cuddalore-Chidambaram route. Please can anyone let me know the road condition if you'd traveled recently?
The other option is :

Tindivanam-Vikravandi-Panruti-Vadalur-Sethiyarthope-Chidambaram

Pondicherry-Cuddalore may be a much better road, but its extremely slow thanks to huge traffic.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 15:11   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The other option is :

Tindivanam-Vikravandi-Panruti-Vadalur-Sethiyarthope-Chidambaram

Pondicherry-Cuddalore may be a much better road, but its extremely slow thanks to huge traffic.
Thanks! Did you take the Tindivanam-Vikravandi-Panruti-Vadalur-Sethiyarthope-Chidambaram recently? Road is motorable? Just wanted to know if I can do at least 60kmph comfortably as I have to reach chidambaram before 10 tomorrow
Old 25th February 2016, 15:32   #24
BHPian

Another option is Chennai-Ulundurpet-Virdhachalam-Sethiyathope-Bhuvanagiri-Chidambaram. Do not know how the roads between Vridachalam and Bhuvanagiri is after the Rain. But it is just 40 Kms of roads which is bad and I hope is motoroable if not smooth.
Old 25th February 2016, 17:23   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigatech2006 View Post
Thanks! Did you take the Tindivanam-Vikravandi-Panruti-Vadalur-Sethiyarthope-Chidambaram recently? Road is motorable? Just wanted to know if I can do at least 60kmph comfortably as I have to reach chidambaram before 10 tomorrow
I have not done it myself. But I think its in a decent condition. But in my opinion it definitely would be better compared to going through Pondicherry and Cuddalore. Lets hear from others also on the road condition.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks