Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2011, 22:54   #46
Team-BHP Support

re: Bangalore to Sirsi : Route Queries

Ravi,

+1 to figo.
That is really comprehensive. Is Dec a good time to visit all these places with rains coming down?
I was thinking of covering these places with Yellapur as a base.

Gives you option to stay in a resort (Banana County) and laze around.

Last edited by ampere : 23rd August 2011 at 22:55.
Old 24th August 2011, 12:24   #47
Senior - BHPian

Figo: For economy yet away from town (2km) and good veg food, I suggest one and only Panchvati which is in yellaur road, this is very good place to stay might cost 400-600 per night for a double room. Sapna Yatri nivas sirsi or bakula http://www.bakulahomestay.com/ or ajjimane are decent options.

Amp : Oct - Dec right months with beautiful scenary all round without rains/leech. You will love the places. I suggest you stay in Sirsi fior couple of nights which will save your time and can cover more places. Sirsi offers good homestays (i have no comercial interest in this ) and around Yellapur you can cover Satodi and Magod nothing much.

Or stay one night in sirsi and one night yellapur which will be even better If you travel from and to bangalore.

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 24th August 2011 at 12:29.
ravibhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2011, 16:52   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Figo: For economy yet away from town (2km) and good veg food, I suggest one and only Panchvati which is in yellaur road, this is very good place to stay might cost 400-600 per night for a double room. Sapna Yatri nivas sirsi or bakula Bakula Home Stay: at Sirsi, Uttara Kannada or ajjimane are decent options.

Ravi.
Thanks again Ravi, Have made booking in Panchavati for friday and saturday.
Will fine tune and finalize my itinerary by tonight.
Any update on the rain? Is it still lashing down heavily?
Also just for curiosity, Do you have an idea about the tariff at ajjimane?
Old 2nd September 2011, 00:29   #49
BHPian

Had to call off the trip at the last moment due to some health issues with my parents :(
Shall definitely make it during the next available long weekend.
Thanks to Ravi, I have enough info now to do it anytime!
Old 24th October 2011, 14:30   #50
BHPian

Hi -

I am leaving day after (Diwali day) for a 10 day trip with the following itinerary. I would greatly appreciate to have your inputs on what I could/should do in the same.

Co-Travelers: My Wife + 1.5 yr old son + My Friend/his wife

Cars: Fiesta + Figo or Just the Fiesta...still confused

Hotels Booked: Malligi in Hampi, Bakula Home stay in Sirsi, DJ Camp in Dandeli & Royal Goan (I am a member) in Goa

Pref: Love nature, history, culture and food. Up for adventure/off the beaten path stuff as long as the cars/my son can take it.

Constraints: My son sleeps 2 hrs in the afternoon (1ish - 3ish). So hope to be either traveling (sleep in his car seat) or in a hotel during that time

- 26th: BLR - Hampi : Hopefully reach by after afternoon, visit the Dam and chill. Or can we actually try visiting other places?

- 27/28 - Both days at Hampi (confused if I should leave to Sirsi on 28 afternoon or 29 morning...as I am not sure how much is there in Sirsi to do/see)

- 29 - Sirsi

- 30 - Sirsi - leave to Dandeli

- 30/31/ 1st - leave Goa on the first

- Nov 1-4 Goa and back to BLR.

Couple of points where I urgently need input -

- Should I spend 2.5 days in Hampi or leave to Sirsi earlier. Note: I have been to Murdeshwar (when I drove from Goa - CBE thru Mangalore) but have not been to Jog falls or other places. I am just worried if 3 days would be a overdose of history for my friends & my son!

- Is 1 day too little in Sirsi?

- I did not book the Jungle safari package in DJ camp as the reviews said that the Safari was not much fun (not many citings). Can you suggest other activities or fun things to do?

- Roads

Thanks!
Old 2nd January 2012, 12:51   #51
BHPian

Finally did this trip during the last weekend of 2011
Thanks a lot ravibhat for all the inputs! I followed the same itinerary that you suggested.[Visiting satoddi falls instead of shivagange falls was the only change]
It was perfect
Stay at panchavati was also very good.
I shall try to write a detailed TL soon.
Old 19th March 2012, 15:54   #52
BHPian

Guys,

Sorry to wake up an old thread. But need some info and hope you guys jump in. Would be travelling to Sirsi from Bangalore this Friday. So wanted to make sure BLR-HAVERI-SIRSI is still the best and fastest route. Secondly, tried to book Hotel Panchavati, but is was completely booked. Would like to get some review comments on Hotel Shivani or Madhuvana.
Old 19th March 2012, 17:35   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightening-Fast View Post
Guys,

Sorry to wake up an old thread. But need some info and hope you guys jump in. Would be travelling to Sirsi from Bangalore this Friday. So wanted to make sure BLR-HAVERI-SIRSI is still the best and fastest route.

Fastest yes. But best? Not sure! Of course 4 Lane would the best. But the newly tarred NH206 (Now called NH73)
via Shimoga/Sagar is a brilliant 2-lane which needs to be enjoyed!
Old 19th March 2012, 18:38   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Fastest yes. But best? Not sure! Of course 4 Lane would the best. But the newly tarred NH206 (Now called NH73)
via Shimoga/Sagar is a brilliant 2-lane which needs to be enjoyed!
Thanks for the info @ampere. Yeah, i have been on the Shimoga stretch. Good 2 laned road, but i still feel it is a little tiresome since it does not give you the luxury of cruising on a 4 laner. I would take the NH4 since i would prefer the fastest route anyday Any unexpected/unmarked speed breakers i should look out for in particular

Last edited by Lightening-Fast : 19th March 2012 at 18:40.
Old 19th March 2012, 20:16   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info @ampere. Yeah, i have been on the Shimoga stretch. Good 2 laned road, but i still feel it is a little tiresome since it does not give you the luxury of cruising on a 4 laner. I would take the NH4 since i would prefer the fastest route anyday Any unexpected/unmarked speed breakers i should look out for in particular
Some stretches between Davangere and Haveri were still one way due to some litigation (even though the other side is ready) so watch out for the on coming traffic right in your lane (it is easy to miss the diversions).
Haveri-Sirsi stretch was bad with the road work happening but i dont know the latest.
Old 20th March 2012, 18:40   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
Would like to get some review comments on Hotel Shivani or Madhuvana.
I stayed at Bakula Home stay, sirsi, it is not in sirsi town but in deep jungle, some 10 kms from main sirsi town. Excellent stay and good food.
Natural water falls in the same premisies and calm and clean enviornment.
See my traveloges at
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...karnataka.html

for more details about this .
Old 6th June 2012, 22:51   #57
BHPian

Any latest info on the Haveri-Sirsi stretch...Need to go to Honnavar from Bangalore in a few days from now, so trying to know the best route amongst the 2 options i.e. Blore-Shimoga-Sagar-Honnavar or Blore-Haveri-Sirsi-Kumta-Honnavar...
Old 6th June 2012, 23:00   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer09 View Post
Any latest info on the Haveri-Sirsi stretch...Need to go to Honnavar from Bangalore in a few days from now, so trying to know the best route amongst the 2 options i.e. Blore-Shimoga-Sagar-Honnavar or Blore-Haveri-Sirsi-Kumta-Honnavar...
Blore-Shimoga-Sagar-Honnavar. This must be shorter by 70-80 kms.
Old 6th June 2012, 23:07   #59
BHPian

This update is as of Nov last year (shouldn't be very different now with the rains only just appearing now )

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...a-kannada.html

Bangalore - Sirsi doable in a bit under 6 hours via Haveri.
Old 14th August 2014, 15:48   #60
BHPian

Would be doing a Bangalore - Sirsi run this month end. Planning to take my new I20 on this one. Would like to know on how is the road condition from Haveri to Sirsi. Last time i went there, a year ago, road was in shambles. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks