Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2015, 16:55   #61
BHPian

Had been to Jog Falls 2 weeks ago. I'm from Sirsi. So I frequent jog falls everytime I go to my native.

Since the locals keep complaining about there not having been enough monsoon on the Ghats, the falls have no water this year.

If you know (locals do) when they open the gates of the dam, make sure you rush there since there will be massive amount of water at that time.

I think You can give it a miss this year. Jog falls is sorely disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 17:59   #62
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Udupi - Jog Falls - Karwar - Hampi - Bangalore suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
I am planning a trip to Kolur Mookambika in October 1st week. On the way back, plan to cover Jog Falls. But considering the scanty rains this season, not sure whether it would be worth the visit to the falls or should I defer it for some other time. Can any one who has been there recently update - is it the massive roaring falls that it is known for during the monsoons or just a trickle of water?
Was at Jog Falls 2 days back. As you can tell from the attached photo, it's not particularly enticing. If this is the situation in September, I doubt if it will improve in October.

We drove the other way around, from Jog to Kollur (via Sagar, using the ferry crossing, not the route through Sigandoor). The drive up to Kollur was spectacularly good. Lots of water flowing down the hill and seasonal waterfalls all along the path. Helps that it has been raining in the hills there the last few days.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Udupi - Jog Falls - Karwar - Hampi - Bangalore suggestions?-jog1.jpg  

reverse_gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 13:54   #63
Senior - BHPian

I am hoping that this is a relevant thread for my question.

I am planning to visit Murudeshwara and Karwar in October. I have already been to gokarna, so not particular on visiting it again. What is the best route to take for this and accommodation suggestions as well please.
Old 23rd January 2017, 16:24   #64
BHPian

Quoting my old post here from another thread :

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Easy with Kids and Family:
Karwar - Ankola - Yellapura - Kalhatgi - Hubli Bypass - Davanagere- Tumkur -Bangalore

Shorter but often lonely for an hour till you reach NH4
karwar - Ankola - Yellapura - Mungod - Bankapura - Davanagere - Tumkur- Bangalore
Due to office commitments, I have to cut short my holiday. Visiting Udupi is out of the itinerary now. The new plan is Bangalore - Gokarna (day 1) - Karwar (day2) - Bangalore.

Planning to take Bangalore - Chitradurga - Bankapura - Mungod - Yellapura - Ankola - Gokarna route for onward journey. Please advise road condition on Bankapura -Mungod - Yellapura and refreshment stops on the way.
for the return journey, I am planning to take Karwar - Yellapura - Hubbali (bypass) - Chitradurga - Tumkur - Bangalore route.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks