Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2010, 13:24   #1

Sirsa to Ajmer road route

I am traveling from Amritsar to Ajmer by own car ( Skoda FabiaTDi). Keeping in mind the notoreity of Harayana roads, I plan to stick to NH10 via Sirsa, Hisar, churu to sikar. Can I risk taking the shortest route through rupari, palari, kushaman to reach Ajmer ?Pl advise. How good a guide is google maps?
Old 31st December 2010, 13:53   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Sirsa to Ajmer road route

Whichever route you take be sure to stick to 90Kmph speed limit on the stretch between Sirsa-Fatehabad and Fatehabad-Hisar, there are multiple speed cameras on the route and the speed limit is strictly enforced.

If asking for directions for Churu in Hisar, ask for Rajgarh road.
Old 31st December 2010, 17:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

Is that true about the Speed limits. i am not sure cause normally when i go to bathinda from Gurgaon i use the same route and do speeds way more than it. the road is good.
Old 31st December 2010, 17:12   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Yes i am sure. I am a regular on NH-10. They have upto 3 interceptors at times on the Hisar-Mandi Dabwali stretch.
Old 1st January 2011, 22:46   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
^^ Yes i am sure. I am a regular on NH-10. They have upto 3 interceptors at times on the Hisar-Mandi Dabwali stretch.
Thanks for the input. Reached Sisrsa from Dabwali at speeds upto 120 kph and no interceptions, must've been lucky.

How do the state highways in Rajasthan fare , esp from sikar to Ajmer. Going via Jaipur is a big roundabout.
Old 2nd January 2011, 00:29   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I would recommend you to take the longer route through Jaipur bye-pass. State Highways at places are very good but very bad too at places, not sure about this one.
Old 19th January 2011, 11:18   #7

Thanks to Anshuman and others, I took the roundabout from Sirsa to Ajmer vis Jaipur and it turned out to be a good decision, good highway and no time lost.
Did not encounter any interceptors on Sirsa to Hisar route though.

However, while returning from Ajmer and going towards Udaipur, the stretch near Beawar is pretty bad as 4-laning work is in progress.

Overall, I have done the road trip Ahmedabad-Beawar-Bikaner-Dabwali-Bhatinda-Amritsar-Sirsa-Jaipur-Ajmer-Udaipur-Ahmedabad by Skoda Fabia TDI. The stretches between Beawar-Mertha, Dabwali-Bhatinda, Ajmer-Beawar were bad. Obatined a fantastic mileage of 19-20 kpl thro the trip. The vehicle was simply superb on skiddy surfaces and pretty assured in braking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks