Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2015, 01:46   #31
BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Mahabaleshwar - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by jits_1998 View Post
The points #1 and #12 here:
Hey .. I understood you picked these as part of long drive preparation,
but was just wondering whether we discussed this in recent while.

Anyways, coming to your question .. you should look to assort the items that you think would be more likely to be needed.
Having said that the more things you can acquire/arrange, the better it is.

From that point of view, I would place things like - a good GPS device, a tyre inflator, and puncture repair kit what you mentioned on this stretch.
Old 16th October 2015, 14:10   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jits_1998 View Post
I am planning to do this trip in Oct...
Jits .. has your trip been done?

Got to hear from a fellow BHPian about Hotel Khan Chacha at Solapur (on left side just before you take right turn to bypass for Pune/Mumbai).

Would like to hear your experience otherwise?
Old 19th November 2016, 11:05   #33
BHPian

My wife and I are planning to drive from Hyderabad to Mahabaleshwar and back next month. As I don't have too much long distance driving experience and since the resort where we are booked has odd check in/out timings, we have decided to stop overnight at Solapur on both the outward and inward legs of the jouorney.

Planning to use Google Maps to navigate and the app offers two alternatives from Hyderabad to Solapur; one route via Zaheerabad/Humnabad and the other via Sadem/Akkalkot. Similarly, for the Solapur to Mahabaleshwar leg, there is a choice between driving via Baramati or through Pandharpur and Satara.

I was wondering which is the best route to and fro, with reference to the current road conditions. Also can I have recommendations regarding a hotel in Solapur.
Old 19th November 2016, 11:44   #34
BHPian

I did this last year. The road till Solapur wasn't great, I did that stretch in 6 hours on my i10. Wasn't bad, wasn't fun either.

On the other side of solapur we took Pune highway, easily the best road I have used. There were points where construction was going on, should be done by now.

I just followed the map google maps suggestions, was on bsnl and it worked almost all the way.
Old 19th November 2016, 18:54   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
I was wondering which is the best route to and fro, with reference to the current road conditions.
My suggestion : Hyderabad ORR (APPA Junction) - Chilkur Temple - Pargi - Sedam - Gulbarga - Bijapur - Athani - Sangli/Miraj - Islampur - Satara - Mahabaleshwar. Night halt can be Gulbarga / Bijapur / Sangli/Miraj depending on starting time.
Old 19th November 2016, 20:05   #36
BHPian

Quote:
I did this last year. The road till Solapur wasn't great, I did that stretch in 6 hours on my i10. Wasn't bad, wasn't fun either.
Thanks for sharing your experience, but I am not clear which route you took; via Zaheerabad or via Sedam.

Quote:
On the other side of solapur we took Pune highway, easily the best road I have used. There were points where construction was going on, should be done by now.
I agree that its one of the best highways, but seems to take for ever to get completed. I drove on this highway way back in June 2014 and whilst most of it was ready there were quite a few diversions because of work in progress. A year later it still seemed incomplete.

Quote:
My suggestion : Hyderabad ORR (APPA Junction) - Chilkur Temple - Pargi - Sedam - Gulbarga - Bijapur - Athani - Sangli/Miraj - Islampur - Satara - Mahabaleshwar. Night halt can be Gulbarga / Bijapur / Sangli/Miraj depending on starting time.
Seems a longer route traveling via Bijapur - Athani - Sangli/Miraj - Satara. Any particular reason for recommending the same. What about Gulbarga to Solapur?
Old 19th November 2016, 20:27   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Seems a longer route traveling via Bijapur - Athani - Sangli/Miraj - Satara. Any particular reason for recommending the same. What about Gulbarga to Solapur?
Longer is terms of distance.
Shorter in terms of ease of driving due to good road conditions and better for your car.
But, mind you, it is essentially a 2 laned undivided highway till after Islampur and again from Satara onwards.
Also, getting lost due to wrong turns is highly possible as you will be on country side roads.
Mobike008 used this route during his recent bike ride.
Old 20th November 2016, 09:58   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Also, getting lost due to wrong turns is highly possible as you will be on country side roads.
I am planning to use Google Maps to navigate, so it essentially boils down to the reliability of the app to see me through the countryside. Is it a risk?

Quote:
Mobike008 used this route during his recent bike ride.
Can't seem to locate Mobike008's post giving details of his recent bike ride. Can you help by sending me the link. Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 15:28   #39
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Mahabaleshwar - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Can't seem to locate Mobike008's post giving details of his recent bike ride. Can you help by sending me the link. Thanks
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4202531

He mentions "motorcycle" in this post. He has done it, trust me.

The post below that one shows the gulbarga route from hyd to solapur. (until the highway is done)

From solapur, the preferred route is via pandharpur (detour from highway at Mohol) - Mhaswad - Satara - Mahaby.
Old 20th August 2018, 22:31   #40
BHPian

Any update on the exact route to take from Sholapur to reach Satara via Pandharpur ? gmaps suggest - sholapur - pandharpur - phaltan- wathar - satara ?

Is there any issue with the traditional Sholapur - Pandharpur -Mhaswad -Koregaon- Satara Route ?
Old 19th May 2019, 00:52   #41
BHPian

Hi team,

Has anybody done Hyd-Mahabaleshwar/Panchgani recently?
Planning to go to Panchgani over the next weekend. Google suggests the route Solapur - Mohol -Pandharpur - Phaltan - Joshi-wihir - Wai - Panchgani.
There seems to be one more option of Solapur - Indapur - Baramati - Phaltan - Wai- Panchgani. Or even Baramati - Lonand - Khandala - Wai - Panchgani.
Which is the best option in terms of road condition? I don't mind taking a longer route in order to get better roads. Searched the forum, but didn't get any recent info which is less than a couple of years old.
TIA.
Old 19th May 2019, 09:36   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
Mohol -Pandharpur
This road was great. Pandharpur-Kolhapur too was good barring initial 10 kms from Pandharpur. The Lonand route is part of the 'bypassing Pune to Shirdi' route, which isn't reported to be good
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 12:22   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
There seems to be one more option of Solapur - Indapur - Baramati - Phaltan - Wai- Panchgani. Or even Baramati - Lonand - Khandala - Wai - Panchgani.

TIA.
1) Indapur_ Baramati_ Nira_Lonand_Khandala_surur_wai_ Panchgani route is in great condition. Lonand to khandala is interior road which is good in condition but should be passed before sunset. No issue about security but as you are from out of Maharashtra, it will be better to cross that section before sunset to overcome language barrier if any if needed to communicate with locals there.
2) Baramati_phaltan_adarki_wathar station_joshi vihir_wai must be avoided as phaltan to wathar is patched road and wathar to Joshi wihir is lonely interior small road.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 16:11   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
2) Baramati_phaltan_adarki_wathar station_joshi vihir_wai must be avoided as phaltan to wathar is patched road and wathar to Joshi wihir is lonely interior small road.

Thanks a ton, Ashish Pallod and Narayan.
Phaltan-Wathar-Joshi-wihir-Wai-Panchganni was what google was suggesting. So I will avoid it now and time my drive accordingly.

Now I am planning to take the Solapur - Pandharpur - Mhaswad - Satara - Panchwad - Kudal - Ruighar - Panchgani route while going.

And while returning, I will take the Wai - Surur - Khandala - Lonand - Nira - Baramati - Indapur route to explore new landscapes.
Old 20th May 2019, 15:58   #45
BHPian

I am planning a short road trip to mahabaleshwar as well. The route from pandharpur onwards is a real question as following google maps leads to interior locations which are not always drive able. I will most probably take the baramati route through lonand. Have to plot the details in advance.

The suggestions will help, thanks all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks