Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2011, 18:09   #1
BHPian

Mumbai - Ranthambore : Route Queries

Hi All,

I'm planning to drive down from Mumbai to Ranthambore, sometime end of this month. Needless to say, I'm confused on which route to take. I would prefer to complete this in 1 day - start early from Mumbai 5/6AM and reach late by 10PM. Any issues in driving at night via any of these routes?

Route I:
Google maps suggests via Nashik, Dhule, Indore.

Route II:
I think with the GQ it might be faster to drive via Gujarat and turn right in Rajasthan before hitting Jaipur - and possibly go via Tonk.

Has any one covered any of these routes before?

I saw quite a few travelogues of folks who have entered Rajasthan via Mumbai-Ahmedabad route but couldn't find any where people have gone directly from Mumbai to Ranthambore.

Is it advisable to take a night halt some-where. Please suggest a suitable place - maybe Ujjain on Route I.

Is it OK to start driving from early morning? What are the fog conditions like in Rajasthan?

Thanks in advance.
R
Old 11th January 2011, 18:04   #2
BHPian

Re: Mumbai-Ranthambore Drive Route query

Hi,
In my opinion

Mumbai-Surat-(NH-08)Vadodara-(NE-1)Ahmedabad-(Nh-08)Udaipur(Nh-12)-Chittaurgarh-Kota-(Nh-12)Bundi -tonk(Nh-116)-Sawai Madhopur. should be a better option as Surat Vadodara has six lane highway and vadodara Ahmedabad expressway is also a breeze. Also you can maintain good speed on Ahmedabad-Udaipur-Chittaugarh section.Roads are good all the way.

Fog would be there on Vadodara Ahmedabad expressway.

However after bundi there is a state highway SH-29 to Indergarh via Lakheri & Khatgarh. After indergarh take a right onto SH-1 which will join NH-116 just before Sawai Madhopur. Condition of Road can be ascertained from locals.

The other option of Nashik -Dhule-Indore
i travelled on Dhule -Indore section twice in last 2 months and every time got stuck up in Jam near Sendhwa ghat. NH-3 widening is going on all the way. Dhamnod-Indore (80kms) is excellent 4 lane toll road. Infact after sendhwa 4 laning has been completed in patches.

Regards
Amit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon View Post
Hi All,

I'm planning to drive down from Mumbai to Ranthambore, sometime end of this month. Needless to say, I'm confused on which route to take. I would prefer to complete this in 1 day - start early from Mumbai 5/6AM and reach late by 10PM. Any issues in driving at night via any of these routes?

Route I:
Google maps suggests via Nashik, Dhule, Indore.

Route II:
I think with the GQ it might be faster to drive via Gujarat and turn right in Rajasthan before hitting Jaipur - and possibly go via Tonk.

Has any one covered any of these routes before?

I saw quite a few travelogues of folks who have entered Rajasthan via Mumbai-Ahmedabad route but couldn't find any where people have gone directly from Mumbai to Ranthambore.

Is it advisable to take a night halt some-where. Please suggest a suitable place - maybe Ujjain on Route I.

Is it OK to start driving from early morning? What are the fog conditions like in Rajasthan?

Thanks in advance.
R
Old 1st October 2016, 14:09   #3
BHPian

Re: Mumbai-Ranthambore Drive Route query

Guys want information ragarding drive (road trip) from Mumbai to Ranthambore. I am travelling solo in Isuzu V cross on 3rd October.

Is Mumbai - Udaipur better route or should I go via Indore.

Is it doable in one day? I have driven to Udaipur several times and know that highway well.

Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 07:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Guys want information ragarding drive (road trip) from Mumbai to Ranthambore. I am travelling solo in Isuzu V cross on 3rd October.

Is Mumbai - Udaipur better route or should I go via Indore.

Is it doable in one day? I have driven to Udaipur several times and know that highway well.

Thanks
I just came to mumbai from delhi via indore route. Its fantastic. You can reach udaipur easily. Best would be if you travel at night or late evening as there is no traffic at all on this route.
Old 2nd October 2016, 12:54   #5
BHPian

Yes thanks I have decided to take Udaipur route and plan to reach Ranthambore by night.
Old 20th December 2016, 23:15   #6

Winter On Wheels - Mumbai - Ranthambore - Amritsar - Himachal & back

Hi all, I am planning to do a road trip in first two weeks of February 2017 with my wife. I am looking to head to North covering a few places on the way. I want the trip to be semi planned and change as I go. As I have planned for now, its heavy driving on a few days to none on a lot of days. Following is a temporary itinerary on which I am planning to build basis suggestions received from people and my own research.

1. Mumbai to Udaipur or a little more - 750-800 Kms
2. Reach Ranthambore and aim to do evening safari - 350-400 kms
3. Ranthambore safari
4. Ranthambore to Chandigarh - 650 kms
5. Chandigarh to Amritsar, Amritsar sightseeing - 200 kms
6. Amritsar to Dharmshala/ Mcleodganj - 200 Kms
7. Dharmshala/ Mcleodganj & around
8. Dharmshala/ Mcleodganj & around
9. Dharmshala/ Mcleodganj & around
10. Dharmshala/ Mcleodganj & around
11. To Delhi - 500 Kms
12. In Delhi
13 to 15. Delhi to Mumbai over 3 days covering some places in between. Possibly Ajmer

I am looking for suggestions for routes for each sectors, places to stay and, locations itself and specially driving comfort during chilly February. Would the roads be driveable early in north? Fog, Snow factor? I will be driving a sedan – Honda City and I will be single driver. If someone wants to flip the entire road trip of 15 days, I am open to ideas

About my experience of long runs, I prefer my holidays to be driving trips and I have done several Mumbai – Goa and alike and couple of 3000km trips to Rajasthan. Most recently Mumbai-Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-Udaipur- Mumbai in Oct’15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks