Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2018, 18:18   #256
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Tirupati : Route Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Tirupati-Kadapa: ...until few kilometers before Kadapa. You can easily cruise at 100KMPL but be careful about sudden pot holes, speed breakers without sign boards or local transport vehicles making sudden stop in front of you. Be extra watchful on the Kadapa bypass since it is bit tricky to identify that against the normal road entering Kadapa in dark.

Kadapa-Nandyal: ...until you hit outskirts on Nandyal where it becomes bad, worse and then worst.
Appreciate if someone can share the latest info on these stretches:

Tirupati-Kadapa
Kadapa-Nandyal
Nandyal-Kurnool

I'll be driving on 04-Nov from Tirupati to Gulbarga. After Kurnool, will proceed on the usual Blore-Hyd highway until Mahbubnagar and deviate towards Sedam for Gulbarga. Since I'll be driving with family (parents & 2-yr old daughter included), would like to know about Veg food options, petrol pumps as well. TIA!
Old 4th November 2018, 09:07   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post

Tirupati-Kadapa
Kadapa-Nandyal
Nandyal-Kurnool

I'll be driving on 04-Nov from Tirupati to Gulbarga. After Kurnool, will proceed on the usual Blore-Hyd highway until Mahbubnagar and deviate towards Sedam for Gulbarga. Since I'll be driving with family (parents & 2-yr old daughter included), would like to know about Veg food options, petrol pumps as well. TIA!
Hope I am not late in responding! I was told that Kadapa route is bad and it adds at least 2-3 hours to the journey. You may want to take the route I have taken.

If you are already on the Kurnool route - Hotel Suraj Grand is a decent vegetarian restaurant. It is pretty close to the highway.
vidyHyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2018, 21:30   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post

Tirupati-Kadapa
Kadapa-Nandyal
Nandyal-Kurnool

I completed my planned journey on 04-Nov-2018, so thought of sharing road conditions for the benefit of others.

Tirupati-Kadapa seems to be freshly tarred, as I had a very smooth drive. Started from Lakshmipuram Circle in Tirupati around 5:20am and was in Kurnool (Hotel Grand Suraj) at 11:45am. I enjoyed driving in the early morning hours thru the thick forest section before Rajampet, with heavy mist and sparse traffic. We took what seemed like a ring-road just before Kadapa town to deviate towards the Kurnool highway. Some portions of the ring-road were rough. Stopped for breakfast at Haritha Restaurant on the outskirts of Kadapa, right where the ring-road joins the Kadapa-Kurnool highway. Food was bad.

Kadapa-Nandyal was also good. It is only when we approach Nandyal town that we ran into rough roads and under-construction roads. Nandyal seemed like a big town with a lot of truck traffic on the bypass road. The bypass road is a mess with huge crater-sized potholes, rail crossings and under-construction flyover/bridge. We faced a traffic jam for about 20 mins when traffic came to a complete halt.

Nandyal-Kurnool was again smooth as a breeze. We were in Hotel Grand Suraj a bit ahead of my time estimates at around 11:45am, despite the 45 minute pit-stop at Kadapa. Since lunch was scheduled to open only at 12:30pm, we moved on and had lunch at one of the highway joints further ahead after crossing Kurnool.

To avoid any surprises, I tanked up at a HP pump on Trichanur Road the night before. But I did see a few petrol pumps along the way.

Hope this info is useful.
prashkul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 16:37   #259
BHPian

I drove from Tirupati to Hyderabad on 31st may. Started at 1.00pm from Hotel Kences near the bus stand and croseed Kadapa at 3.15pm. Kadapa Nandyal was a breeze and I reached Nandyal bypass at 4.40. Took the under construction Nandyal bypass. It was 80% complete. Crossed Kurnool around 6 pm and reached my place in Tarnaka, Hyderabad by 10pm.

Tolls

Chennuru. Rs 35
Chagalamarri Rs 70
Nannuru. Rs 70
Pullur. Rs 105
Addakal. Rs 60
Raikal. Rs 65

Stopped for a quick bite at Food Pyramid.
srimath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 10:46   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post
I drove from Tirupati to Hyderabad on 31st may. Started at 1.00pm from Hotel Kences near the bus stand and croseed Kadapa at 3.15pm. Kadapa Nandyal was a breeze and I reached Nandyal bypass at 4.40. Took the under construction Nandyal bypass. It was 80% complete. Crossed Kurnool around 6 pm and reached my place in Tarnaka, Hyderabad by 10pm.

As you say the Nandyal bypass was 80% done, are you referring to the flyover? Were you able to go over it? Or is it another route you are referring to?
Old 6th September 2019, 15:15   #261
BHPian

Hello Folks,

What is the average drive time between Tirupati and Hyderbad?
I am planning to start early morning at 2.30 AM as I am targeting to reach Pune on same day.
Old 6th September 2019, 15:52   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_are_you View Post
Hello Folks,

What is the average drive time between Tirupati and Hyderbad?
I am planning to start early morning at 2.30 AM as I am targeting to reach Pune on same day.
Tirupati Hyd can be done in 8 hours. The only tough stretch is Tirupati Kadapa. With the completion and opening of Nandyal bypass, Kadapa Kurnool Hyd is completely 4 laned and Chennur Toll gate, Kadapa to shamshabad can be covered in 4.30 to 5 hours.
srimath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 07:12   #263
BHPian

Route Taken -->

Tirupati -- Srikalahasti -- Naidupeta -- Gudur -- Nellore -- Kavali -- Ongole --(NAM Highway)-- Addanki -- Wazirabad-- Nalgonda -- Ramoji film City -- ORR (Entry) -- Mumbai highway (Exit)

Start: 4:30 AM
End: 1:15 PM
Total Distance -- 580 Km
Average Speed -- 67 Kmph (Including Breaks)
Time Taken: 8:30 Hours

Road Condition :

Tirupati -- Srikalahasti -- Naidupeta --> 2 Lane smooth road. Beware of unmarked speed breakers before entry and exit of towns.
Nellore -- Kavali -- Ongole --> 6 Lane Super smooth highway. Less traffic and options for taking a break.
NAM Highway -- Good 4 lane roads with less traffic, except town crossing.

Toll Paid :

Hyderabad to Tirupati : Route Info-toll_tirupati_hyderabad.jpg

GPX File:
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sep_10,_2019_4_39_19_AM.zip (469.9 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by ampere : 22nd September 2019 at 21:08.
Who_are_you is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 11:34   #264
BHPian

Traveled from Hyderabad to Nandyal and back yesterday.
My update on the route is -
Hyderabad to Kurnool
Highway is superb, as usual (but, not at the level of Hyd-Vijayawada stretch). However, new tar is being laid out at different stretches. So, there were like 2-3 diversions while going (12th Oct), and 4-5 diversions while coming back (13th Oct). May be, in a month or so, complete stretch will be tarred, and no more diversions.
Kurnool to Nandyal
This highway is complete. No more construction work going on in this stretch (except the part where we take diversion to Nandyal town - return leg). And, traffic is very very less (compared to Hyd-Kurnool stretch). We crossed this stretch between 10AM-12PM. May be, in the evenings, traffic might increase a bit.
Tarmac is superb (but, not at the level of Hyd-Kurnool stretch). At few places, there are humps, and uneven roads.
One of the hump is because of the sudden difference (approx. 1 inch) in road level (Kurnool-Nandyal leg). A load thud was heard after we went through that. 4-5 such humps might literally destroy the suspension. Will try to get the exact (or approx.) location based on my dashcam footage.
In the return leg (Nandyal-Kurnool), same humps are in the other side as well. However, we didn't feel/hear that much thuds, bcoz, this time, the road difference is downwards (I hope you get what I mean).
During onward leg (Kurnool-Nandyal), there is even a speed breaker (just after Kurnool bypass ends). However, there are none after that.
During the return leg (Nandyal-Kurnool), at the end of Kurnool bypass flyover, there is a sharp right bend (more like the one we find at ORR intersections). Here, you'll find 4-5 speed breakers (combined with rumble strips) throughout the bend. I don't think you'll miss the rest (even if you miss the first ). These speed breakers are only on the return leg (probably bcoz, return leg is a downhill sharp bend - end of flyover, and onward leg is a uphill sharp bend - start of flyover).

Sorry for the long post!
Finally, an update on the Nandyal bypass. Flyover is complete now, and even toll collection is also started. So, people going to Kadapa/Tirupati can now take that bypass flyover and completely skip Nandyal town.
rajendra2278 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 23:02   #265
BHPian

Completed another Hyd Tpty trip last week.
This time I took the Hyd NAM Expressway Ongole Nellore Tpty route.
The towns enroute are not bypassed and there are occasional bad bits. However I found Hyd Kurnool Kadapa Tpty route to be faster.
srimath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 10:02   #266
Senior - BHPian

Is there any update on Nandyal-Renigunta post-Nivar? I am aware that some sections were flooded during that time.
Old 31st March 2021, 13:03   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Is there any update on Nandyal-Renigunta post-Nivar? I am aware that some sections were flooded during that time.
I know it is a late update, but may be useful for future purposes.

Recently did a trip to Madanapalle (MPL)(near Tirupati) and I took this route from Kadapa to Hyderabad ( in return) via Nandyala.

The roads are in excellent condition barring some uneven bad patches .

I have friends who regularly ply in between Kadapa-Tirupati via railway Koduru and post Nipar, the roads are fine barring a few bad patches and once can reach Tirupati from Kadapa in 2.5 hours . Road was a bit damaged near Karakambadi , but it was relaid.
poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 16:16   #268

Hi guys...we are planning a trip to Srikalahasti, Hyderabad and Bangalore next week. Trivandrum to Srikalahasti first. Srikalasti to Hyderabad. Hyderabad to Bangalore and then back to Trivandrum. Looking forward to replies from everyone regarding route suggestions, speed & covid restrictions. Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd November 2021, 20:29   #269
Senior - BHPian

Trivandrum-Srikalahasti: Trivandrum-Nagercoil-Vandalur-Outer Ring Road-GNT-Naidupeta-Srikalahasti

Srikalahasti-Hyderabad

Preferred: Srikalahasti-Naidupeta-Ongole-NAM expressway-Hyderabad

Other fun routes:
Kalahasti-Renigunta-Kadapa-Kurnool-Hyd
Kalahasti-Naidupeta-Nellore-Mydukur-Kurnool-Hyd

Hyd-Bangalore and Bangalore-Trivandrum have dedicated threads.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 14:36   #270
BHPian

Any update on the route from Kadapa to Tirupati - given the recent floods. We are hoping to travel from Hyd this weekend for darshan - just not sure though given the flood/ rain situation there. Any pointers appreciated

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks