Team-BHP - Planning a month-log trip with family. From Bhopal
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Planning a month-log trip with family. From Bhopal (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/95288-planning-month-log-trip-family-bhopal.html)

I'm planning to take a month off work and go travel with my family (Mom, Brother, Bhabhi & 2 nephews) who stay in Bhopal starting this mid of march. Since my nephews are quite young, I want them to see the beach, the dessert and some snow. You think it's possible to cover all three different location in a month's time? What I planned was:

Bhopal-Ahmedabad(I have a house here too)-Diu(SEA)-Rann-Jodhpur-Osian(Desert)-Jaipur-Delhi-Shimla-(To some snowy place)-Haridwar-Agra-Bhopal

You guys think this could be done in a month by getting a real experience of all the geographic locations that I want to cover. You guys think there's a better route? What about the timing if I want to see some snow? And where will I find snow between mid of march to mid of April? Any suggestions you guys can throw in will be very valuable.

BTW. I'm planning on hiring a Toyota Innova. Can't take our Mahindra Commander or Maruti 800 for this trip. :P Should I go for some other vehicle? The rough calculation of total distance to be covered is 4200kms (and I'm adding another 300-400kms for a bit off roading here and there if required.) So 4500kms.

Thanks for all your replies in advance.

The road from Bhopal to Gwalior is not in good condition.
Heavy lorry traffic road surface is not that good.The lone good aspect a good bypass for Guna.
Gwalior- Delhi four laned but will take up a lot of time and some road work still going on between Gwalior and Agra.
It took almost 12hrs for me from Bhopal to Agra last week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gajadonga (Post 2213072)
Heavy lorry traffic road surface is not that good.The lone good aspect a good bypass for Guna.
Gwalior- Delhi four laned but will take up a lot of time and some road work still going on between Gwalior and Agra.

Noted. Thanks! Actually my brother is into road construction in MP. So mapping out what road to take is not really a problem. I'm just asking if this trip is a good idea or not. What could be the cities that I could cover to see the sea, desert & snow. Is innova a good car to cover all this or another car? Stuff like that.

[quote=creative420;2212255]
Bhopal-Ahmedabad(I have a house here too)-Diu(SEA)-Rann-Jodhpur-Osian(Desert)-Jaipur-Delhi-Shimla-(To some snowy place)-Haridwar-Agra-Bhopal

Hi! Did you finally do this trip, I am planning to drive down to Bhopal from Ahmedabad sometime in June end in my Scorpio. Need to have an update on which road to take, present road conditions etc.

Hi all,

I did bhopal Agra route Via Narsinghgarh - biora - guna - shivpuri - dhaulpur - Agra. I had been reading everyone's comment about the road condition before finally i decided to do the route by road. Here are my obervations:

1) Road is not in as bad a condition as it has been made out to be. Those who have travelled on old NH-3 before the four laning work between Mumbai - Indore will appreciate what used to be the condition of this road before. It is in much better shape except few places where patch work has been done. At the most we can say that road is not smooth at few places but not that bad either. Those who have driven on pre 2005 NH-3 will say that road is good if not the best.

2) After gwalior till Agra very good four lane except chambal bridge.

3) Gwalior city - dont miss the diversion. No clear signage

4) Two narrow bridges between biora and gwalior where traffic has to wait for other side to clear.

4) Between Bhopal - Narsingharh some rough stretch of roads

5) Yes truck traffic is heavy on this road but then NH-3 has always been a trucker's road.

I covered 570 kilometers between Bhopal - Agra with wife and 02 kids in 11 hours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gajadonga (Post 2213072)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rammishra (Post 2794640)
3) Gwalior city - dont miss the diversion. No clear signage

But is the Gwalior bypass complete? Any landmarks to look for before the deviation?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 2794693)
But is the Gwalior bypass complete? Any landmarks to look for before the deviation?

When we were coming back to Delhi from Hyderabad in Jan12, I was told completion will take another 10 month more as is pending due to objections from Indian Army.

Deviation just before the Toll booth , there is a small slip road. There was adequate marking.

Hi, I am planning for a trip from Delhi to Bhopal soon. Has anyone recently travelled on this route? I guess Delhi to Gwalior would be a breeze but skeptical about the road condition between Gwalior and Bhopal. Does anyone have any feedback on the road condition? Thanks!

Consulted a local contact in Gwalior and have come to know that the roads between Gwalior and Bhopal are in terrible condition. With the upcoming elections there is no hope for repairs in this year. For now, my rocket (Getz CRDI) will have to wait to explore Orcha & Khajuraho. Hope 2014 brings good luck to MP roads :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getz Go (Post 3266552)
Hi, I am planning for a trip from Delhi to Bhopal soon. Has anyone recently travelled on this route? I guess Delhi to Gwalior would be a breeze but skeptical about the road condition between Gwalior and Bhopal. Does anyone have any feedback on the road condition? Thanks!

Take a look at this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ravelogue.html

Thanks for sharing Amp! This post gave some confidence but my route would be different from Jhansi onwards and I think post monsoon the roads have deterioated a lot around Guna-Shivpuri. Will save the trip for 2014 :)