Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2011, 18:25   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Guruvayoor Trip and Travel Advice

If by any chance you need to stay in GVR, try Kanoos Residency. Very nice luxury rooms at VFM prices.
Old 2nd February 2011, 11:57   #17
BHPian

@ampere - Thank You, but I booked Bhasuri Inn which quoted 1100/- AC room. We should be ok with that. But my parents are going in March, will try and book it at that time.

@Ajith and Backseat Driver - I called up Guruvayoor Devaswom office and they told me that chooronu starts from 5 AM in the morning and since it is Monday, no advance bookind needed.
Hence I have booked tickets (confirmed seats) in the Alleppey Exp which reaches Trichur at 9.35 AM.

When you said I cannot carry Leather, Should I leave my Wallet also in the guest house room is it?

I have also negotiated with the Boat House company Great Escapes for the trip and finalised @ 7500/- for a 1 Bedroom AC House boat. Transferring the advance amount later today.

Looks a bit costly but settling with them as recently my friends took the boat from them and recommended them as their Hospitality, Food and cleanliness were excellent.

Thank you for all the help and Time..

Last edited by Ananthang : 2nd February 2011 at 11:59. Reason: Forgot to ask a doubt
Old 2nd February 2011, 12:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthang View Post
When you said I cannot carry Leather, Should I leave my Wallet also in the guest house room is it?
Get the ladies to carry one of those small hand held wallets,and take your money in that,its easy and safe!

Quote:
I have also negotiated with the Boat House company Great Escapes for the trip and finalised @ 7500/- for a 1 Bedroom AC House boat
Its a very good rate,in fact thats the going rate for most of the up-market house boats,so rest easy,you have got a good deal.(just some trivia-the better houseboats cost the owners around 6-8Lacs to build!)

As for Bhasuri Inn,in case you are finnicky about non-veg being served in the same hotel etc,then Bhasuri does serve Non-Veg in their restaurants.I have stayed there a couple of times,its a good place to stay none-the-less,walking distance to the temple if you want to,else hire a rickshaw.
Old 2nd February 2011, 14:58   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
As for Bhasuri Inn,in case you are finnicky about non-veg being served in the same hotel etc,then Bhasuri does serve Non-Veg in their restaurants.I have stayed there a couple of times,its a good place to stay none-the-less,walking distance to the temple if you want to,else hire a rickshaw.
Thanks Ranjith and we are Vegetarians but dont mind about non veg being served in the same hotel. I am a Egg-aterian and love the option of ordering Egg to my menu.
Old 2nd February 2011, 15:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
@Ajith and Backseat Driver - I called up Guruvayoor Devaswom office and they told me that chooronu starts from 5 AM in the morning and since it is Monday, no advance bookind needed.
5 AM is almost the same time we did for our kids as well.
You may still get the ticket/coupon the previous day, maybe evening, itself.

Quote:
Hence I have booked tickets (confirmed seats) in the Alleppey Exp which reaches Trichur at 9.35 AM.
Please note that it takes a few minutes more than usual in that time of the morning when you travel by road from Guruvayur to Trichur because of school timings.

Quote:
As mentioned by ranjitp1, better depend on a ladies wallet for this.
Old 2nd February 2011, 16:03   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ranjith and we are Vegetarians but dont mind about non veg being served in the same hotel. I am a Egg-aterian and love the option of ordering Egg to my menu.
Hope you have informed the boat house guys too about your food style. Usually they prepare non - veg dishes unless specifically informed.

Have a nice trip
Old 2nd February 2011, 23:19   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajithbr View Post
You may still get the ticket/coupon the previous day, maybe evening, itself.

Please note that it takes a few minutes more than usual in that time of the morning when you travel by road from Guruvayur to Trichur because of school timings.
Yes, I will try and get the tickets in advance.
We are planning to check out as early as possible by 7.30 AM or so

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post
Hope you have informed the boat house guys too about your food style. Usually they prepare non - veg dishes unless specifically informed.
Have a nice trip
I have told them clearly, but anyway will call and remind them again on Friday. Thank you Ajman

Last edited by Ananthang : 2nd February 2011 at 23:22.
Old 27th April 2011, 12:12   #23
BHPian

Anyone stayed at Sopanam Heritage at Guruvayoor? From the web site it looks like a very decent hotel and they claim its 4 star. I am planning to book a room there. Please update your experience.
Regards,
Sarin
Old 27th April 2011, 21:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Dont bother with Sopanam,it has a very dirty surrounding,it is surrounded by toddy/arrack shops,and the rooms are nowhere near good.I would reccomend you stick either with Krishna or Kanoos if thats in your budget.Dont go anywhere near Bhasuri as well,I just returned from staying there and its a disaster as well.Perfect examples of what bad maintenance and ill inspired staff can do to the running of hotels.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2011, 12:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarinkumar View Post
Anyone stayed at Sopanam Heritage at Guruvayoor? From the web site it looks like a very decent hotel and they claim its 4 star. I am planning to book a room there. Please update your experience.
Regards,
Sarin
Sarin, I stayed in Kanoos in my trip last week. I was happy with the facility and the service.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2011, 14:57   #26
Senior - BHPian

Ramesh,

How much does Kanoos charge ? I stayed right across Kanoos when I went.
Old 28th April 2011, 15:54   #27
BHPian

Thanks Rameshchanda and Ranjitp1. Input on Sopanam is useful. I will try Kanoos or some other hotels.
Regards,
Sarin
Old 28th April 2011, 17:13   #28
Team-BHP Support

The good thing about Kanoos is that its just outside the temple crowd and also close enough to reach there within minutes.

Also the comforts were very good.
Old 28th April 2011, 17:43   #29
BHPian

+ 1 for for Kanoos Residency.
I stayed there with my family last month (After Ampere suggested it).

Positives @ Hotel:-
1) Clean & Nice rooms
2) Good room service
3) Free pick up / drop to main temple by Innova (Though temple is 400 mts away)
4) Food taste / Quality good.
5) Valet Parking in basement

Negative :-
1) Just check with them @ the time of check in about breakfast (complementary) menu; I was told that they have same breakfast menu for consecutive two days. I had same breakfast on both days. Really pathetic - how can they do this !
2) Shree Krishna Inn looks similar to Kanoos (Though I haven't stayed there). This hotel is closer to temple by 200 mts (compared to Kanoos).

I am sure those additional 200 mts won't matter though.
Old 28th April 2011, 17:55   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45007 View Post
1) Just check with them @ the time of check in about breakfast (complementary) menu; I was told that they have same breakfast menu for consecutive two days. I had same breakfast on both days. Really pathetic - how can they do this !
I did not realize that as I stayed only for a night!
That seems real bad! But yes, service was very good (as you mentioned).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks