Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2011, 00:57   #46
BHPian

Re: Is it safe to drive through AP/Odisha(Orissa)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
Hi All,

Proposed route is Ottapalam(KL)-Mysore(KA)-Bangalore(KA)-Kadapa(AP)-Rajahmundry(AP)-Bhubaneswar(OR)-Puri(OR) about 1800 Kms (Google maps)
I have been to orissa from Hyd 2 years back. No security issues. Once you hit Rajahmundhry you will cruise. The road is amazing. Avoid VSKP during prime times. It will kill hell lot of time. You are going on perfectly safe route buddy, absolutely no worries.

I have been through the tricky koraput district without any problems. Why dont you check out via Hyd, the road from B'lore to hyd is a driver's delight. I reached from berhampur to Suryapet in 12 hrs flat. Go On Buddy. All the best ....come back and report your experience
Old 12th March 2011, 19:48   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroop View Post
At Jaleshwar border, a row of trucks blocked the way, but as advised, I ventured into the opposite lane. A makeshift toll booth charged 40, but I was happy for not having to pay the dreaded tax for non OR vehicles.
Hi,
And the actual (original multilaned) tollbooth just after the Subarnarekha bridge is abandoned. This is a recurring theme in Orissa. Can anyone throw some light on this.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 12th March 2011, 19:58   #48
BHPian

I traveled from bangalore to Cuttack and back in jan 2011. Nh5 is in pretty good shape.

Near Guntur bypass road extension work is going on, so expect traffic jams. At midnight it took 1 hour to cross Guntur bypass. Just near Andhra Orissa border expect a traffic jam , as one lane is only for truckers. So LMVs, buses has to take other lane, so lot of traffic jam.

I guess most of us here knows how road condition from Bangalore to Naidupet. It's in average condition.
Old 13th March 2011, 09:13   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Near Guntur bypass road extension work is going on, so expect traffic jams. At midnight it took 1 hour to cross Guntur bypass. Just near Andhra Orissa border expect a traffic jam , as one lane is only for truckers. So LMVs, buses has to take other lane, so lot of traffic jam.
What exactly are they doing, widening or changing the route of the Guntur bypass itself? That is a very long delay there!
Old 14th March 2011, 19:25   #50
Senior - BHPian

We did not face any problems at Guntur when we drove through last week on NH 5. Seems to have resolved the problem in two Months
Old 14th March 2011, 19:29   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
What exactly are they doing, widening or changing the route of the Guntur bypass itself? That is a very long delay there!
They were widening the roads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks