Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2015, 17:54   #496
Senior - BHPian

re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonman View Post
Last month,I had a near miss near Madhur. Barricade was put on a curve in such a way that,if a vehicle is in front,you cannot see it.I was trying to overtake the BMTC bus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Seems to me - by your own admission - you were trying to overtake a bus on a blind curve. Not done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Why blame the barricade ? You were overtaking a bus on a curve and I would refrain from doing that even if the road in question was a double carriageway and had a median
Whether it's advisable or not to overtake on a curve, that still doesn't justify the wisdom (or rather the lack of it) of putting up a barricade at a blind curve. All these speed reduction implements are supposed to be for making the roads safer - not to act as booby-traps against someone driving fast.
kala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 20:53   #497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Whether it's advisable or not to overtake on a curve, that still doesn't justify the wisdom (or rather the lack of it) of putting up a barricade at a blind curve. All these speed reduction implements are supposed to be for making the roads safer - not to act as booby-traps against someone driving fast.
Even I feel the same, the way these barricades are placed doesn't have any logic behind it. There is one in front of a BP fuel station which is kept on the right side and almost covers 75% of the road, this kind of makes us to enter the fuel station. In my opinion, earlier speed breakers were better as there was no need for frequent lane changes at least.
Old 23rd August 2015, 10:25   #498

Please note that chunks of road surface have stripped off on the Bidadi - Ramanagara - Channapatna stretch in both directions with a couple of really bad potholes
Old 15th October 2015, 11:35   #499
BHPian

Any idea on road conditions for Malavali-Bannur-Somanathpura stretch guys ?
Old 15th October 2015, 11:57   #500
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Any idea on road conditions for Malavali-Bannur-Somanathpura stretch guys ?
Upto Bannur is good (Malavalli-Bannur was recently widened and relaid), not sure beyond that.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 23:21   #501
BHPian

If I start from JLR Kabini on Sunday around 11am what time I would be touching Hosur to proceed to Chennai. This question is from a traffic perspective between Mysore - Bangalore as the day being Sunday.
Old 19th October 2015, 07:21   #502
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
If I start from JLR Kabini on Sunday around 11am what time I would be touching Hosur to proceed to Chennai. This question is from a traffic perspective between Mysore - Bangalore as the day being Sunday.
During afternoon time you won't see much traffic. Mysore - Hosur will take around 3H 30M. I am not sure about Kabini - Mysore.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 07:49   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
Kabini to Mysore will take about 1 hour 30 mins to 1 hour 45 minutes. Assuming you start at 11 and reach Mysore by 12.45, lunch will take, say 45 minutes? Starting at 1.30 on NH275 should be okay with not too much traffic.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 13:45   #504
Senior - BHPian

Minister for Public Works H.C. Mahadevappa, gave an update yesterday. Highlights,

* The work on upgrading the 37-km stretch between Bengaluru-Kanakapura to a four-lane carriageway will commence by December-end.
* The road between Kanakapura and Satyamangala will be widened to have two lanes
* The 134-km Bengaluru-Mysuru highway will be widened from four to six lanes using cement instead of bitumen and the work is expected to begin next year.
* The road widening project will have bypasses at Ramanagara, Channapatna and Mandya, two flyovers at Bidadi and Srirangapatna and an underpass at every 500 metre for people, two-wheelers and cattle.

Link: Bengaluru-Mysuru highway to be made of concrete

PS: If anybody remembers, the road between Bangalore-Mysore was earlier concrete, built by Mysore Maharaja.
Old 10th November 2015, 14:21   #505
Senior - BHPian

A friend shared this over WhatsApp. It seems river Shimsha overflow has left a stretch of the highway flooded/blocked.

Name:  ForumRunner_20151110_142013.png
Views: 1020
Size:  426.5 KB

Edit: I guess the pic is of the November 6th flood.

http://m.thehindu.com/news/national/...cle7848420.ece
Take the news with a pinch of salt people. Sorry.

Last edited by schakravarthy : 10th November 2015 at 14:35.
schakravarthy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 19:46   #506
BHPian

I will be transporting my 86 year old mother from Mysore to Bangalore early morning of Dec 2 in my car. Hope there won't be issues like this then!
Old 10th November 2015, 20:53   #507
Senior - BHPian

Tomorrow will be some sort of Tippu Jayanthi celebration in Mysore and there are already a lot of tension in the air. Its recommended to be extra careful if one is visiting or passing through Mysore.

I'm in Mysore and I won't be going out anywhere tomorrow.

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 10th November 2015 at 21:23.
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 07:25   #508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Tomorrow will be some sort of Tippu Jayanthi celebration in Mysore and there are already a lot of tension in the air. Its recommended to be extra careful if one is visiting or passing through Mysore.

Especially after the unfortunate death of a VHP leader in Madikeri during a protest against this same celebration. Be careful and closely assess the local 'mood' if diving into unknown areas. Mob mentality can be totally unpredictable and irrational.
Old 12th November 2015, 11:29   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Apparently Mys' was all peaceful and never witnessed any instances of rioting or unruly mobs. All restaurants and businesses were open and life was as usual.

I did Mysore-Blr yesterday and it was the most peaceful drive in eons, the highway was literally empty.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 20:07   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Apparently Mys' was all peaceful and never witnessed any instances of rioting or unruly mobs. All restaurants and businesses were open and life was as usual.

I did Mysore-Blr yesterday and it was the most peaceful drive in eons, the highway was literally empty.
Its excellent that you had less traffic to deal with!

Mysore Bundh has been declared tomorrow by VHP against death threats to Pratap Simha. People please plan accordingly.

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 12th November 2015 at 20:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks