Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2016, 19:36   #601
BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

Planning to drive to kabini from bangalore on saturday morning (1st Oct). Is it better to take kanakpura road or the mysore road ?
Old 27th September 2016, 19:45   #602
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemlock View Post
Planning to drive to kabini from bangalore on saturday morning (1st Oct). Is it better to take kanakpura road or the mysore road ?
If you're starting early (5am or thereabouts), take the Mysore road, else take Kanakapura road route.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 19:47   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
If you're starting early (5am or thereabouts), take the Mysore road, else take Kanakapura road route.
Thanks for the quick reply. Is the road surface good on Kanakpura route throughout ? In which case I'd rather start by around 6:30 AM, else I can start by 5 and go via Mysore road
Old 27th September 2016, 19:51   #604
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply. Is the road surface good on Kanakpura route throughout ? In which case I'd rather start by around 6:30 AM, else I can start by 5 and go via Mysore road
Kanakapura road is fine, Oct 1 is a weekday too so even Mysore Road should work, just getting out of Bangalore and into the towns enroute Mysore and Mysore itself may be a bit slow.
On the Kanakapura route - just one small narrow stretch inside Bannur town and couple of bridges and road laying work, negligible on the overall route. Assuming you're taking Bangalore-Kanakapura-Malavalli-Bannur-Mysore-Kabini route.

Last edited by NPV : 27th September 2016 at 19:53.
Old 27th September 2016, 23:58   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I travelled via Kabini-Mysore-Bannur-Kanakapura couple of days back. The road conditions are excellent throughout except for 2 stretches on SH33 - The first one being Bannur town itself where you have a pot-holed and narrow stretch for about a kilometer and then the last 100 meters or so before you reach the Mysore Ring road (where you turn left for getting on to the Kabini road) where they are yet to complete re-tarring. Took me only 2 hours from Mysore Ring Road-Bannur road Jn to NICE Road-Kanakapura road Jn (135 kms) even with sedate driving not exceeding 90 kmph at any time.
kala is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 10:17   #606
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to drive to Kerala on Oct 1st. Was planning to go via Mysore to avoid entering TN. With Supreme court hearing on Sep 30th, I am now worried about taking this route. Will Kanakpura - Kollegal - Gundlupet route be safe to take if Mysore road is blocked? Planned start time is 5:00 AM from Whitefield.
Old 28th September 2016, 11:19   #607
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Will Kanakpura - Kollegal - Gundlupet route be safe to take if Mysore road is blocked? Planned start time is 5:00 AM from Whitefield.
The answer to this question would be very speculative since no one knows for a fact what would happen.

However, during the protests couple of weeks earlier, the cops were recommending the Kanakapura-Malavalli-Bannur route for those going to Mysore.

I would suggest you keep tracking the progress and be tuned in to the BTP site and then make the decision to travel. If you have a KA/KL registered vehicle it should be easier, unless roads are blocked.
Old 28th September 2016, 15:08   #608
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to drive to Kerala on Oct 1st. Was planning to go via Mysore to avoid entering TN... 5:00 AM from Whitefield.
There is another option - Bangalore - Kunigal - Channarayapatna - Hunsur - Gonikoppal - Mananthavadi - Wayanad - To anywhere in Kerala

This will avoid the Cauvery basin entirely. Roads till Hunsur are in good condition. A friend had taken that route some time ago. If you can leave a little earlier, you can make good time even though it is a bit roundabout.
neutralgrey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 15:12   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralgrey View Post
There is another option - Bangalore - Kunigal - Channarayapatna - Hunsur - Gonikoppal - Mananthavadi - Wayanad - To anywhere in Kerala

This will avoid the Cauvery basin entirely. Roads till Hunsur are in good condition. A friend had taken that route some time ago. If you can leave a little earlier, you can make good time even though it is a bit roundabout.
Thanks. I am aware of this. This is my back up route. Had taken the CR Patna - Madikeri route 2 weeks back.
Old 28th September 2016, 16:28   #610
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to drive to Kerala on Oct 1st. Was planning to go via Mysore to avoid entering TN.
I am a regular user of the BLR-MYS routes and all the permutations and combinations between the 2 cities whenever I am in India. Usually , if you start early in the day, there should not be any problems as traditionally people in these areas are slightly late risers. Safe travels.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 21:25   #611
BHPian

Driving to Kerala tomorrow morning around 4 Am, through Wayanad.
I stay in Kammanahalli, What would be the fastest route to hit Nanjanagud, through Kanakpura or Mandya?
With Karnataka deciding not to release water, is driving through Mandya suggested?
Old 28th September 2016, 22:25   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljai View Post
Driving to Kerala tomorrow morning around 4 Am, through Wayanad.
I stay in Kammanahalli, What would be the fastest route to hit Nanjanagud, through Kanakpura or Mandya?
With Karnataka deciding not to release water, is driving through Mandya suggested?
With a 4am start you can stick to the Mandya route. My in-laws travelled to Kerala through Mandya during the peak of the crisis. They started from CVRaman nagar at 5 and reached Mysore well before 8 am.
sansvk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 10:22   #613
BHPian

But are there any agitations in Mandya currently? I am planning a drive down to Mysore in a KA car, but with non KA passengers.
Old 29th September 2016, 10:53   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
But are there any agitations in Mandya currently?...
According to Mandya Traffic Police FB, highways are clear currently. Request you to keep an eye on that before travelling. You can also query them on FB, they usually reply quickly.
neutralgrey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 11:15   #615
Senior - BHPian

Planning to drive to Kerala via Mysore - Gundlupet tomorrow. Is it better to go via the city at 7:30 AM?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks